ADVERTISEMENT

Bishop Quad arches to be saved

Did Rutgers even post the designs for the Bishop Quad changes? Would like to take a look but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Originally posted by Scarlet Pride:
This is the first I've heard of it but I'm happy that the outcome is a positive one.
+1

http://www.muckgers.com/2014/05/bishop-quad-arches-to-be-saved/

I was on campus today and saw that the arches are gone. A student who lives in Demarest said that he saw them being ripped out and thrown into a dumpster.

The article posted earlier in this thread seemed to imply that the arches would be rebuilt as part of the updated design, so that they could support a structure on top.

VcqVCzG.jpg

Bishop-Arches.jpg

I know I'm getting old when I can't remember or recognize some places I used to hang around. Is this the same location that had basketball courts in the square between rhe buildings? I'm going back to 63-64.

yep... but those courts are long gone. I spent as much time on he quad courts as I did in class
wink.r191677.gif
They were the sight of Dean Crosby's attempt to squash the spring riot back in the early 80's ....

I was in Hegeman as a freshman in 1968. My memory was the line by the payphone in the quad since some bright engineers had a tone generator to allow free long distance calls!

Saphire & Albarran has advised me that Rutgers informed them to have me call the RU Facilities architect.

I'll try that tomorrow.

Originally posted by BigRnj:
yep... but those courts are long gone. I spent as much time on he quad courts as I did in class
wink.r191677.gif
They were the sight of Dean Crosby's attempt to squash the spring riot back in the early 80's ....
I think they did away with the Bball courts in the early '90s. Happy they are keeping the arches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT