ADVERTISEMENT

Bottom Line

If someone writes "there's no such thing as a moral victory," the only thing they know about the sport is that there is no such thing as a moral victory.

Bottom Line: Cover. 5-1 ATS.

No but honestly If Corey and Williams look to shoot more, more so Corey (Williams will get his 3 looks), it'll go a long way towards creating space for the rest of the offense to work with.

My biggest take away: Our guards will not hurt us defensively because what they give up on the length they make up in pressure. They'll be liabilities on defense in half court when we don't defend screens well but they're no Mack from a liability stand point.

Reactions: RUPete
Bottom Line: Cover. 5-1 ATS.

No but honestly If Corey and Williams look to shoot more, more so Corey (Williams will get his 3 looks), it'll go a long way towards creating space for the rest of the offense to work with.

My biggest take away: Our guards will not hurt us defensively because what they give up on the length they make up in pressure. They'll be liabilities on defense in half court when we don't defend screens well but they're no Mack from a liability stand point.

Corey needs to do much better defending the ball on the perimeter. There were at least 3 occasions where the guy took a quick step and was right by him and then he tries and make up for it by going for the swipe. Can't let guys get by you that easily when you're that athletic.

for many of our players this is the best team/talent they have faced at the college level

I give the guys credit.....they did not fold......they scrapped until the end:boxing:

next 5 games are all winnable and will be fun as our win total hits numbers we havent seen in years LOL
[thumb2]

Rutgers did not play its A game vs a talented ncaa tourney team that was athletic and long, on the road. Rutgers did not box out well, shot poorly, freeman had a bad night. Cory needs to pick up the offense. The NBA is not an option at this time.

Reactions: winfield102
This team should only get better. Clean up that poor stretch in the second half and we win this, we win it ugly but we win it. We are going to win our share of these games this year. We may lose more of them than we win due to lack of shooting but we will win some. Good times ahead.

Rutgers did not play its A game vs a talented ncaa tourney team that was athletic and long, on the road. Rutgers did not box out well, shot poorly, freeman had a bad night. Cory needs to pick up the offense. The NBA is not an option at this time.

CorEy was not the issue.

What we have seen in football and mens basketball is the importance of recruiting.Coaching can keep you in some games against better teams but ultimately talent matters and Rutgers still is lacking.
I'm surprised to hear that sentiment given how much better we are this year because of coaching. Clearly you have to have both. And plenty of examples where the recruiting was there and the coaching wasn't. See St. John's, e.g.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT