ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Pandemic: Transmissions, Deaths, Treatments, Vaccines, Interventions and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the CDC’s statement and data. You have a dashboard that updates based on what Florida says the very people faking the numbers. Go cry about it
No I have the true numbers reported not by the states but all medical facilities in every state. Zero politics involved. Either way both still have infection rate well under 5% in Florida. There is no spike. And the CDC didn't give facts. "Likely" is the quote

No I have the true numbers reported not by the states but all medical facilities in every state. Zero politics involved. Either way both still have infection rate well under 5% in Florida. There is no spike. And the CDC didn't give facts. "Likely" is the quote
And Florida lied bigly about their deaths. Have a nice night

Some more news about the virus weakening from a couple doctors in Italy. I’ve mentioned this a couple times with some researchers here saying they saw mutations similar to SARS when it weakened. From an evolutionary standpoint it does make sense virus can’t continue to replicate if it kills off the host.

From the article:

The new coronavirus is losing its potency and has become much less lethal, a senior Italian doctor said on Sunday.

"In reality, the virus clinically no longer exists in Italy," said Alberto Zangrillo, the head of the San Raffaele Hospital in Milan in the northern region of Lombardy, which has borne the brunt of Italy's coronavirus contagion.

"The swabs that were performed over the last 10 days showed a viral load in quantitative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal compared to the ones carried out a month or two months ago," he told RAI television.

Pending scientific evidence to support the thesis that the virus has disappeared ... I would invite those who say they are sure of it not to confuse Italians," Sandra Zampa, an undersecretary at the health ministry, said in a statement.

"We should instead invite Italians to maintain the maximum caution, maintain physical distancing, avoid large groups, to frequently wash their hands and to wear masks."

A second doctor from northern Italy told the national ANSA news agency that he was also seeing the coronavirus weaken.

"The strength the virus had two months ago is not the same strength it has today," said Matteo Bassetti, head of the infectious diseases clinic at the San Martino hospital in the city of Genoa.

"It is clear that today the COVID-19 disease is different."

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/coronavirus-losing-potency-top-italian-184358113.html

Some more news about the virus weakening from a couple doctors in Italy. I’ve mentioned this a couple times with some researchers here saying they saw mutations similar to SARS when it weakened. From an evolutionary standpoint it does make sense virus can’t continue to replicate if it kills off the host.

From the article:

The new coronavirus is losing its potency and has become much less lethal, a senior Italian doctor said on Sunday.

"In reality, the virus clinically no longer exists in Italy," said Alberto Zangrillo, the head of the San Raffaele Hospital in Milan in the northern region of Lombardy, which has borne the brunt of Italy's coronavirus contagion.

"The swabs that were performed over the last 10 days showed a viral load in quantitative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal compared to the ones carried out a month or two months ago," he told RAI television.

Pending scientific evidence to support the thesis that the virus has disappeared ... I would invite those who say they are sure of it not to confuse Italians," Sandra Zampa, an undersecretary at the health ministry, said in a statement.

"We should instead invite Italians to maintain the maximum caution, maintain physical distancing, avoid large groups, to frequently wash their hands and to wear masks."

A second doctor from northern Italy told the national ANSA news agency that he was also seeing the coronavirus weaken.

"The strength the virus had two months ago is not the same strength it has today," said Matteo Bassetti, head of the infectious diseases clinic at the San Martino hospital in the city of Genoa.

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/coronavirus-losing-potency-top-italian-184358113.html
Sounds promising.

you don't even believe masks work, I don't give a damn what you claim.
They don't outdoors.
Anyway post data like I do not opinions. Facts matters. Not someone like you is a fear monger who will post nothing based on facts. You think you are smarter then the people than the people that work to put the JH report everyday. You post Twitter bullcrap. Please enlighten the board how long have you been the medical field.

Reactions: bac2therac
They don't outdoors.
Anyway post data like I do not opinions. Facts matters. Not someone like you is a fear monger who will post nothing based on facts. You think you are smarter then the people than the people that work to put the JH report everyday. You post Twitter bullcrap. Please enlighten the board how long have you been the medical field.
Ya and how long has the CDC been in the medical field? They are the rosetta stone of it. Clown. The people at JH don't contact each hospital every day, they get their info from the state.

Powerful article on the damage caused by closing NJ's economy for so long. Also, it highlights the incompetence of our state government who can't run the unemployment program:

https://projects.nj.com/unemployment/

Time to open up and let people work.
First the virus shutdown now the riots systematically targeting retail stores. The amount of people losing their jobs permanently will be staggering. Comercial Real Estate will nose dive like never before. Retail was already in the shitter now riots push it further down. Office space will plummet to. Major corporations have realized that working from home is equally productive and will save the trillions collectively by not paying for high cost offices

Ya and how long has the CDC been in the medical field? They are the rosetta stone of it. Clown. The people at JH don't contact each hospital every day, they get their info from the state.
They get it directly from a medical data base not controlled by any state. It's been around for years!!
Look up where the CDC gets their info. They actually have a form for the care facilities to fill out, not the state's, specifically for Coronavirus.

Last edited:
First the virus shutdown now the riots systematically targeting retail stores. The amount of people losing their jobs permanently will be staggering. Comercial Real Estate will nose dive like never before. Retail was already in the shitter now riots push it further down. Office space will plummet to. Major corporations have realized that working from home is equally productive and will save the trillions collectively by not paying for high cost offices
Great post. Hit the nail on the head with all of your points.

Almost strategically.

the CDC had the data fool. They are the ones who compile it every year. What do you want them to do exhume all the bodies, to give them a corona test??? You are a clown.
You are the clown that posted a link that said CDC thinks it's "Likely" and provided no data to support it. Post something factual not "Likely"

Reactions: Spare130
You are the clown that posted a link that said CDC thinks it's "Likely" and provided no data to support it. Post something factual not "Likely"
How can it be 100 percent confirmed if the dead bodies are in the ground??? Exhume them? Way more deaths from pneumonia than ever before, why would that be occurring? The same thing that coronavirus causes? Even a store keeper can tell what that means

Reactions: LETSGORU91

From the article:

Game changer if it comes to fruition.

How can it be 100 percent confirmed if the dead bodies are in the ground??? Exhume them? Way more deaths from pneumonia than ever before, why would that be occurring? The same thing that coronavirus causes? Even a store keeper can tell what that means
Wow. It's funny that you post fake news than given proof against it still try to defend it. Carry on. Keep digging the hole

Wow. It's funny that you post fake news than given proof against it still try to defend it. Carry on. Keep digging the hole
It’s clear you drink far too much of your own product. Very little brain cells left on you. Maybe it’s the mask that has blocked the oxygen from getting to your brain

From the article:

Yep, more than a few virologists have speculated that the virus would eventually weaken and some ASU researchers are exploring that (see post below), but there's no evidence to that effect yet and a couple of doctors just saying it's so doesn't make it so. I actually think it's irresponsible for a medical expert to say something like that without some shred of evidence, especially when we're seeing more cases, worldwide, than we've seen to date (although deaths are down some per day).

It would be great if this were true, but when I see someone going to the press screaming "cure" or "it's over" my skepticism goes way up. Prove it, don't say it. I'm also suspicious when the doctor saying it also said, "We've got to get back to being a normal country; someone has to take responsibility for terrorizing the country," as if he's blaming people for what the virus has done. Sounds a little too emotional to me.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...ocial-distancing.191275/page-138#post-4583383

They don't outdoors.
Look, have at your FL argument, but please stop saying masks don't work outside, as you're flat out wrong on this point, as I've shown in numerous posts. If people are within a few feet of each other inside or outside, they reduce transmission (not to zero, but significantly). And every time I've said this and shown the science, you simply disagree, but don't offer up any scientific source to back your assertion. Please do so or stop spreading misinformation. Thanks.

Yep, more than a few virologists have speculated that the virus would eventually weaken and some ASU researchers are exploring that (see post below), but there's no evidence to that effect yet and a couple of doctors just saying it's so doesn't make it so. I actually think it's irresponsible for a medical expert to say something like that without some shred of evidence, especially when we're seeing more cases, worldwide, than we've seen to date (although deaths are down some per day).

It would be great if this were true, but when I see someone going to the press screaming "cure" or "it's over" my skepticism goes way up. Prove it, don't say it. I'm also suspicious when the doctor saying it also said, "We've got to get back to being a normal country; someone has to take responsibility for terrorizing the country," as if he's blaming people for what the virus has done. Sounds a little too emotional to me.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...ocial-distancing.191275/page-138#post-4583383
"It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear," - President Trump

He just repeats what experts tell him.

Reactions: bac2therac
More info for prophylactic HCQ use in India.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...us-healthcare-workers-icmr-1684112-2020-06-01

The ICMR study indicates that "simply initiating HCQ prophylaxis did not reduce the odds of acquiring Covid-19 infection among HCWs. However, with the intake of four or more maintenance doses of HCQ, the protective effect started emerging. A significant reduction of about 80 per cent in the odds of Covid-19 infection in the HCWs was identified with the intake of six or more doses of HCQ prophylaxis. This dose-response relationship added strength to the study outcomes."

"Biologically, it appears plausible that HCQ prophylaxis, before the onset of infection, may inhibit the virus from gaining a foothold," researchers said in the study.

The National Task Force for coronavirus in India recommended once a week maintenance dose for seven weeks i.e., 400 mg once every week, following the loading dose of 400 mg. Adherence to this recommended regimen is underlined by the findings of the study, researchers said.

Scientists who co-authored the study said, "It has been noticed that 4th week onwards there is a risk reduction of contracting the Covid-19 virus if the maintenance dosage is being taken as prescribed for seven weeks. Of course, this doesn't rule out the risk minimisation of those frontline workers who are treating Covid-19 patients while wearing PPEs and taking further precautions."

Healthcare workers & SARS-CoV-2 infection in India: A case-control
investigation in the time of COVID-19

New hospitalizations were 36.New deaths were 27.Both were the lowest since March.
This thing is doing a MacArthur and just fading away.At this rate,how can The Surf justify locking us out on Sept.5th?

But they did have knowledge of SARS and what happened there. And, if true, this shows the comment was a fair one.
I don't want to muddy this thread because there's good info, but if you look at the context in which he made the comment, he was dismissing this potential pandemic as inconsequential and nothing to worry about. I think saying this was a fair comment at this point is a stretch.

Lilly has started the first phase I (safety/tolerability in a few patients; efficacy isn't looked at until phase II) clinical trials for an engineered antibody cocktail developed in the lab, using antibodies that have shown strong activity against the coronavirus in cell cultures. Regeneron and a few others are also expected to start trials this month. It would be great to have multiple sources of effective antibody therapies.

In addition, the lower tech convalescent plasma (antibodies from recovered infected patients in their serum) approach has been shown to be safe and looks very promising with regard to efficacy so far, but more data are needed. This approach is generally considered less scalable than the engineered antibody approach, although almost 19,000 patients have already been treated with it.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/01...n-tests-of-an-antibody-drug-against-covid-19/

Also, below is a good review article on the approach in Scientific American, below. My $$ remains on Regeneron, as they are the only ones to have actually developed, manufactured and successfully deployed an engineered antibody cocktail to reduce mortality in a viral outbreak (Ebola), but as humans, we should root for all of them to succeed, as there won't be enough of any one of these to go around for months (probably just health care workers, first responders and maybe highly vulnerable elderly at first)

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...tibody-therapies-raise-hopes-and-skepticism1/

Last edited:
Reactions: biker7766
You forgot to insert the sarcasm emoji, since there's no way in hell you could be serious about this in light of how much Trump downplayed the pandemic.

The comment stands... and looks to soon be provably true..

"It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear," - President Trump

He just repeats what experts tell him.
I think you have a problem with context in that the comment was a small part of everything he was doing.. like shutting down traffic from China. The MSM jumped all over the move to shut traffic from China (as did you when you said the regular flu was more dangerous) and then they jump all over him the other way.. for making obvious statements like it would disappear one day.

You guys could have just understood that comment was based on how SARS disappeared and let it go.. but you couldn't help yourself... it was an opportunity for attack.

And when you guys jump all over his every little comment you just set yourselves up... and then, like now, you have to use pretzel logic to insist you were right all along... because you know.. orange man bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet16E
The positivity rates are really declining which is great news. NY which has been the leader in testing , with accurate testing,did 65,245 tests on May 27, 67341, on May 28, 61,251 on May 29, 58,444 on May 30 and 49,952 on May 31.. There new cases on May 31 were only 951 on almost 50,000 tests, or a less than 2% positivity rate. Last Friday NYC’s was only 5%. NJ which was slow to ramp up tests claims to be doing 20,000 plus tests over the last part of May. If so the last 5 days the positivity rate has gone from roughly 6.3% down to 2.5% it’s only 509 new cases. Both of these highly populated dense states being hit the worst by this virus in every way, are seeing a substantial change. Surprised and frustrated Murphy did not go further today, and open up next week June 8, and instead put outdoor dining and retail in stores to commence June 15 and hair salons and barbers June 22. Really no reason , with all of the other metrics , hospitalizations, intubation, deaths down not to go to this next phase next week. Most salons and barbers have already set up shields and plastic from the ceilings between chairs and you can text people to wait in car and come in to reduce the people inside.

The positivity rates are really declining which is great news. NY which has been the leader in testing , with accurate testing,did 65,245 tests on May 27, 67341, on May 28, 61,251 on May 29, 58,444 on May 30 and 49,952 on May 31.. There new cases on May 31 were only 951 on almost 50,000 tests, or a less than 2% positivity rate. Last Friday NYC’s was only 5%. NJ which was slow to ramp up tests claims to be doing 20,000 plus tests over the last part of May. If so the last 5 days the positivity rate has gone from roughly 6.3% down to 2.5% it’s only 509 new cases. Both of these highly populated dense states being hit the worst by this virus in every way, are seeing a substantial change. Surprised and frustrated Murphy did not go further today, and open up next week June 8, and instead put outdoor dining and retail in stores to commence June 15 and hair salons and barbers June 22. Really no reason , with all of the other metrics , hospitalizations, intubation, deaths down not to go to this next phase next week. Most salons and barbers have already set up shields and plastic from the ceilings between chairs and you can text people to wait in car and come in to reduce the people inside.
When it comes to Murphy...data doesn't determine dates. Despotism determines dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT