Eugene seems to diss Pike

IL Lusciato

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 31, 2011
Newark, NJ
Really want Oregon to lose.

Just my feel for the game,” Omoruyi said. “Me
playing basketball the right way. Knowing the ins and outs of the game, having such a great coach as Coach (Dana) Altman. He’s taught me a lot of things about the game that I didn’t know when I was at Rutgers.”

I stay in touch with some of them. As opposed to saying I stay in touch with them.

it was clear and is clear that he did not get a long with some of our core players.

Reactions: Local Shill
i do not know why jerry would even write the article. Now pikiell knows he can never trust him. Clearly done to go after rutgers.

Dopy comment by Eugune hopefully we are just seeing the comments out of context.

What is crazy he is two years older and had an entier year to get better. Did he think he would get worse?

Surprising that a player learns a lot more in 4th & 5th years. Maybe he is finally to the point of fully understanding the game. Maybe it's maturity or just a different voice that has connected the dots more.

Having a terrific year. I have usc in the elite 8 in my bracket but it wouldn’t be unexpected and would suck to see Eugene keep killin it on that stage while our team is already sent home.

Obviously referencing the lack of emphasis on offensive coaching from his time at Rutgers compared to Oregon and he’s very appreciative as it’s showing up on his development.

Having a terrific year. I have usc in the elite 8 in my bracket but it wouldn’t be unexpected and would suck to see Eugene keep killin it on that stage while our team is already sent home.

Obviously referencing the lack of emphasis on offensive coaching from his time at Rutgers compared to Oregon and he’s very appreciative as it’s showing up on his development.

come on. he is having an identical year to 2018-2019. The only thing he has improved is his three point shooting which is completely expected after sitting out an entire year with a knee injury. his stats have progressed each and every year he played. nothing to do with altman vs pikiell. He is currenlty plying aon a typical oregon team. Which means they are really good and can make a final four run like every other Altman coached teams.

He used the article as a chance to stick it to Geo and Ron who were publicly not happy when he left.

Career Stats
See All
STATS
2020-21
2018-19
2017-18
2016-17

GPMINFG%3P%FT%REBASTBLKSTLPFTOPTS

come on. he is having an identical year to 2018-2019. The only thing he has improved is his three point shooting which is completely expected after sitting out an entire year with a knee injury. his stats have progressed each and every year he played. nothing to do with altman vs pikiell. He is currenlty plying aon a typical oregon team.

He used the article as a chance to stick it to Geo and Ron who were publicly not happy when he left.

Career Stats
See All
STATS
2020-21
2018-19
2017-18
2016-17

No actually he’s improved across the board (other than rebounding) 2p fg% per 100 51.4% compared to 46.7% the year prior (48% year before that) 3p% 37% compared to 31% scoring more points in less attanepts with double the steals same assists less turnovers.

There is no reason to make things up against Eugenes development just because he left us. Is what it is he’s having a good year.

come on. he is having an identical year to 2018-2019. The only thing he has improved is his three point shooting which is completely expected after sitting out an entire year with a knee injury. his stats have progressed each and every year he played. nothing to do with altman vs pikiell. He is currenlty plying aon a typical oregon team. Which means they are really good and can make a final four run like every other Altman coached teams.

Career Stats
See All
STATS
2020-21
2018-19
2017-18
2016-17

You’re a sick puppy

He could've been all Big10 and leading RU to the Final Four if he stayed here after Pike recruited him from the middle of nowhere. No need to throw Pikes under the bus. Agree with HeavenU, don't wish any injuries but hope he sucks the rest of the Tourney, in fact I hope he blows an easy alley-oop dunk that costs them a trip to the F4.

Reactions: RU848789
I don't think he meant anything by it. Altman is a fantastic coach.

It's like going to a different job in the same industry..you are going to learn some more things just by watching other people

Nah... it’s a shitty thing to say.

Omoruyi is a douche who cost us McClung as well as giving other teams great recruiting fodder to use on his way out.

And the kicker is that this douche wouldn’t even be where he is if Pike didn’t take a chance on him.

Reactions: GORU2014
He's gone and what he says shouldn't matter too much because by leaving he implied he wasn't happy at Rutgers.
Saying what he did, in my opinion, is just trying to convince the Basketball world he made the right move .
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't , but the only thing that counts to me is Eugene's gone and I won't care what he says or if leaving helped his pro aspirations or not.

Reactions: satnom

Omoruyi is a douche who cost us McClung as well as giving other teams great recruiting fodder to use on his way out.

And the kicker is that this douche wouldn’t even be where he is if Pike didn’t take a chance on him.
Do you know he was the reason we didn’t get McClung?

One thing that Omoruyi greatly benefited from with Altman was a transfer redshirt year - he was able to work on development for an extra season, adding new wrinkles to his game, learning from tape on what he could be doing better, and getting fully healthy.

His last two seasons at Rutgers were largely spent playing hurt, and I have to imagine a lot of his time off the court was in therapy/rehab trying to get his knee right. Having a season to get back to full health, all while working on improvement - and under a new set of eyes within a new system - was huge for him.

So yeah - there were things he didn't know while he was here, and things he didn't have time to work on. That's no knock on Pike from me, just the reality of the situation.

I'm happy the Oregon staff has worked with Eugene to improve his game. He's continued to mature, had the opportunity to have surgery and get healthy, and has continued working at his craft for the last 2 years under a new Staff & teammates with different ideas/approaches.

That being said, there's no denying that Coach Pike and Staff developed Eugene's game during his time at Rutgers. He improved dramatically year after year from a raw true freshman to one of the better players in the Big Ten Conference by the time he left. To say anything less and not give credit to the Rutgers staff would be disingenuous.

Altman does seem to be a great coach and it certainly seems to have worked out for Eugene there but I wish he would have more class. He didn’t need that last sentence.

Don't like these comments or the way he left. Our AD is the place to voice his concerns if any about Pike or the team.

Reactions: Loyal-Son

Your last sentence is the bottom line. I honestly don't understand his negativity - it's not like he was an afterthought on offense here.

i do not know why jerry would even write the article. Now pikiell knows he can never trust him. Clearly done to go after rutgers.

Dopy comment by Eugune hopefully we are just seeing the comments out of context.

What is crazy he is two years older and had an entier year to get better. Did he think he would get worse?
You do know carino is a SHU fan and alumnus-- do you know many of their fans that don't love to make RU look bad

• Haha
Reactions: gregkoko
No actually he’s improved across the board (other than rebounding) 2p fg% per 100 51.4% compared to 46.7% the year prior (48% year before that) 3p% 37% compared to 31% scoring more points in less attanepts with double the steals same assists less turnovers.

There is no reason to make things up against Eugenes development just because he left us. Is what it is he’s having a good year.

You right his stats below show obvious improvement. What was i thinking, Dana Altman a true genius transformed Eugene's game.

2018-2019 vs 2020-2021 he is +1.2 minutes, -0.2 OR, -1.7 DR, ,-0.1 assists, +0.6 blk, +0.8 steals, -0.1 TOs, +2.9 pts.

As i said before outside of his additional 2.9 point per game he is effectively the same player. just taking more shots.

Reactions: bethlehemfan

Not sure about McClung but...

Eugene and Carino just gave SHU and every team we recruit against something to talk about. There was no reason to write the article other than to go after pikiell and Rutgers. Pikiell must have pissed Carino off.

Pikiell is too nice of a guy but if i was coach carino would lose all access to the players and the facilities at all times other than on game day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT