ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Pikiell. Hire Pitino.

its a hot take, its an emotional post-loss take likely however its a true take. If we had any balls wed pray pike gets poached and we hire pitino. But if you think our soft ass adminsitration would ever let us hire pitino youre nuts lol

Rick is old, and Jr. is a worse coach than Pike. I don't want either of them.

As I said before - See if Kenny Atkinson wants to come to college. He can develop players. Sure his X and Os will make us mad, but if you can develop players that should paper over a lot of those issues.

its a hot take, its an emotional post-loss take likely however its a true take. If we had any balls wed pray pike gets poached and we hire pitino. But if you think our soft ass adminsitration would ever let us hire pitino youre nuts lol
You think pitino would come here ?
Seems like he has a sweet deal heading into the sunset at Iona .

We might have a bid for Coach K at Rutgers, or John Calapari at Rutgers. How about Jim Boeheim, or maybe Roy Williams of UNC? Because there are threads like this on all of their fan boards. And probably donors who are calling their ADs about how it’s “time to move on”. Relax

Agreed. But if a Catholic college like Iona can hire Pitino despite all his troubles, then Rutgers should be able to do the same . He would probably jump at the chance to coach in the Big Ten. Calipari would not be a bad choice either.

Pike may be a nice guy, but he is woefully inadequate as a coach and recruiter. Tonight was another example.

Come here? Hed run a sub 2 hour marathon here.

waste of time talking about tho, our admin would NEVER consider it and pikes getting MINIMUM 2 more years
I am not so sure . He loves ny . He has a good shot to take Iona to sweet 16s and he can cruise through that league . Iona has been a much better program than rutgers over the past 40 years

I am not so sure . He loves ny . He has a good shot to take Iona to sweet 16s and he can cruise through that league . Iona has been a much better program than rutgers over the past 40 years
Hed be 30 mins from nyc. Trust me if he gets a chance hes jumping at a major conference opportunity. He is CRAZY competitive, hes more competitive than pete rose...

Hed be 30 mins from nyc. Trust me if he gets a chance hes jumping at a major conference opportunity. He is CRAZY competitive, hes more competitive than pete rose...
Only 30 minutes from ny if you’re considering stAten island ...or he’s gonna take the flood chopper $

If we hired Pitino, I would rush home to take a shower after every game, win or lose. It would be worse than finding out your sister is marrying a car salesman .

Reactions: ancienthooper
If we hired Pitino, I would rush home to take a shower after every game, win or lose. It would be worse than finding out your sister is marrying a car salesman .
What the hell are you talking about ??
The guy took 3 schools to the final 4 and we might be the 4th . Like you said , you would be at every game

Pitino Sr has a huge buyout on his contract - besides the fact that 90% of you would be in tears if Pike left, we all know how our school does with buyouts

Plum, I have had season tickets since 1983. If I can survive Littlepage and Jordan, I could survive a piece of street scum like Pitino. I just wouldn’t like it or the sanctions that would come after we fired him.

Russ, don’t know why, but I never felt that Calipari was quite as disgusting as Pitino. I wouldn’t want either of them here.

Does Calipari even need to cheat anymore? All he has to do is show prospective 5 star recruits the wall with pictures of all the Kentucky 1st round draft picks that are playing in the NBA.

Reactions: Russ Wood
First of all, stop the insanity. Pike got us to mid pack in by far the toughest conference in the nation. Something no other coach has been able to do even in the A10. Hes not going anywhere and now no one will want to poach him either.
Problem is, he hasn't recruited all that well up till landing Jones and Cliff. His amazing coaching turned a bunch of mid-major recruits (apologies to PM and RHJ) into a team that made it all the way to #11.
But over confidence has sunk our ship. We just don't have anywhere near the talent of Maryland, Mich, OSU, Iowa, MSU, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, or most any other team. We MUST win with effort UNTIL our higher ranked recruits take over the program. Pikes going to get us there. We just need better players - players who can take over games on their own when the effort is lacking. They are starting to arrive. And being a real program (despite shitty days like today) allows Pike to bring in real talent.

Russ, don’t know why, but I never felt that Calipari was quite as disgusting as Pitino. I wouldn’t want either of them here.
Probably because Calipari didn't have a sexual encounter with a woman who then married his equipment manager, then was extorted by that same woman (largely with the backing of Kentucky boosters). Or maybe because Pitino looks like he'd have you killed while Calipari looks like he could walk through a rain shower and not get wet.

Btw, I just happened to see your post. Please use @Russ Wood so that I get a notification that I was mentioned in a post. (make sure there is a space between the two names)

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Btw, I think Rick Pitino's buyout is $10 million until April 2, 2022

Only 30 minutes from ny if you’re considering stAten island ...or he’s gonna take the flood chopper $
The RAC is 15 minutes from Staten Island and about 4 miles further from Wall Street than Iona is. It's not a big difference. No desire for Pitino here at all - just clarifying distances.

The RAC is 15 minutes from Staten Island and about 4 miles further from Wall Street than Iona is. It's not a big difference. No desire for Pitino here at all - just clarifying distances.
Have we ever had any stAten island basketball players ?
Football yes , including gus Edwards.

Enough is enough.
NOT

I'm not a huge Bball fan. Probably catch 5-6 games a year under normal circumstances. These last couple years are BY FAR the best RU has played since I've been paying attention. So hat's off to Coach Pike.
That said if I coached a team as bad as we are from the free throw line, we wouldn't even begin practice until every single player hit 6-7 out of ten from the line. It's friggin embarrassing for a D1 program.Have the team sit and watch somebody miss shots for an hour and things would start fixing themselves. I was @ a game a few years ago with my daughter. I told them my 14 yr old girl could out shoot the whole team from the line. It was a joke. We lost by like 5-6 points and missed over a dozen FT's. Do simple basic things well and good things will happen, always , in any sport.
If we can't make free throws, you really expect contested 3's? Not likely. We're not quite ready for prime time yet. We're getting closer though. I turned off the game last night just after half. I was embarrassed FOR them.

NOT

I'm not a huge Bball fan. Probably catch 5-6 games a year under normal circumstances. These last couple years are BY FAR the best RU has played since I've been paying attention. So hat's off to Coach Pike.
That said if I coached a team as bad as we are from the free throw line, we wouldn't even begin practice until every single player hit 6-7 out of ten from the line. It's friggin embarrassing for a D1 program.Have the team sit and watch somebody miss shots for an hour and things would start fixing themselves. I was @ a game a few years ago with my daughter. I told them my 14 yr old girl could out shoot the whole team from the line. It was a joke. We lost by like 5-6 points and missed over a dozen FT's. Do simple basic things well and good things will happen, always , in any sport.
If we can't make free throws, you really expect contested 3's? Not likely. We're not quite ready for prime time yet. We're getting closer though. I turned off the game last night just after half. I was embarrassed FOR them.

And then you would realize you just wasted two hours of practice time to get an extra 6 or 7 points that could have been spent on other things that are more of a value add.

And then you would realize you just wasted two hours of practice time to get an extra 6 or 7 points that could have been spent on other things that are more of a value add.
Clueless reply.
Rest of the team would see to it there was improvement. How many games are lost by those measly "6 or 7" points?
There is a reason everybody in a platoon has to share the pain when somebody is not doing his share of work.
If not, we are recruiting the wrong guys. If I were on a team with this problem I guaran-damn-tee I would be working with the guys who suck until the cows come home. A D1 college BB player should dedicate the time to improve. If not pointed in that direction, maybe Pike IS the problem. The problem IS FIXABLE. We can just as easily lose with the young guys who work hard. At least they'll b improving and learning. Stop wasting time on social media preaching and teach your team mates how to make a friggin FT. Small details win big games. Kids today ( and some coaches apparently) have no clue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT