ADVERTISEMENT

Fran Dunphy throws shade at Pen St

Basically says something shady happened in order for Pen St coach to get so many Philly kids.

Temple plays Pen St in the NIT .

One school. Roman Catholic
Sent four kids- Stevens, Carr, Watkins and shep garner.

But that’s all they have recruited out of philly in 5 years.

Not surprising, thought it was odd they got so many kids from Roman.

Dunphy is also on the hot seat and hasn't recruited philly well so he's just trying to save his butt.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Chambers was raised in philly and coached at nova.
He has assistants that are from pa and well tied in to philly.

Huh? How about not a good look for Chambers? Who would be in a better position to know Philly recruiting than Fran?

why? because you do not say that in public..who does that

EDIT...as it turns out its fake news from the OP, the original statement that Fran said was totally misrepresented.

why? because you do not say that in public..who does that
Who says you shouldn’t say that in public? Why not? If a respected and knowledgeable guy like Dunphy knows someone is cheating then why not say it? To protect a cheater? Screw that. If more clean coaches spoke up maybe the game wouldn’t have gotten to the place it is now.

Dunphy is a great coach and well respected man especially in the Philadelphia basketball circles. Looks like Penn State negatively recruited Temple and it got back to Dunphy.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Dunphy is a great coach and well respected man especially in the Philadelphia basketball circles. Looks like Penn State negatively recruited Temple and it got back to Dunphy.

Exactly, good for Dunphy to throw shade towards Pen St.

I'll bet Chambers slandered Temple in recruiting those kids to get out of the dangerous city neighborhood around Temple, etc.
Who knows, maybe some $ was thrown at their families?

Who says you shouldn’t say that in public? Why not? If a respected and knowledgeable guy like Dunphy knows someone is cheating then why not say it? To protect a cheater? Screw that. If more clean coaches spoke up maybe the game wouldn’t have gotten to the place it is now.

well first of all, if you read what he actually said, you will see this is fake news

secondly even if he did, well where is the proof, if you are going to slander another coach then you better come up with proof...sounds like sour grapes for Fran then that he didnt land those players and PSU did, maybe Chambers hired some assistants from Philly to do it. but apparently this is much ado about nothing anyhow

Hey, what's a lil' anal shower rape when you get a fat envelope. Rapey Valley is also know for their racial diversity too!

Truth is Temple alum would love to ditch Fran but with trying to raise money for the on campus football stadium probably can't afford to as I believe they would owe him for 3.

They should leave him alone-----has most of his team back----give him one more year and see what happens.

I always found it very, very strange that PSU could not put together a better basketball program. They had tremendous financial resources at their disposal, an enormous and rabid fanbase for their winning teams, success in many other sports, high profile - tv/radio, and access to the Philly, Baltimore and New York players. I don't usually go conspiracy theory but feel that Paterno had something to do with keeping the program down. I fear its on its way up now...

I always found it very, very strange that PSU could not put together a better basketball program. They had tremendous financial resources at their disposal, an enormous and rabid fanbase for their winning teams, success in many other sports, high profile - tv/radio, and access to the Philly, Baltimore and New York players. I don't usually go conspiracy theory but feel that Paterno had something to do with keeping the program down. I fear its on its way up now...
JoePa can be blamed for a myriad of things in Crappy Valley, but I don't think PSU's history of mediocre hoops is one of them.

For whatever reason, the majority of PSU fans simply don't care diddly-squat about basketball.

Because PSU gets great coverage on Philly TV sports shows unlike our NYC TV stations and RU. Also, people in PA have State pride.

Why do Philly stations cover a team 3 hours away when there are teams that are in the city and an hour away in Rutgers?

Why do people in PA have more state pride than people in NJ?

Why are they rabid?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT