ADVERTISEMENT

Francesa--what a dope

Very true. Does anyone ever call into that show from areas other than south shore of Staten Island, southern Brooklyn, or Howard Beach? Maybe a few of them who moved out to Suffolk or down to Ocean County.
Mike from Montclair is the most infamous.

playing victim by pointing a word of disparaging notation regarding whites that is routinely used in movies and tv shows?

lol...typical liberal, quick to judgement with no brain
Do you get offended when a Jewish person calls you a gentile?

I fail to see where the word gringo is used all over the place. I also fail to see how the word is disparaging snowflake.

I also fail to see how the word is disparaging snowflake.
Per Websters dictionary:
"Definition of gringo

plural
gringos
often disparaging
  1. : a foreigner in Spain or Latin America especially when of English or American origin; broadly : a non-Hispanic person"
Snowflake is also often disparaging (especially on ScarletNation).

Francesa is a hack coasting to his retirement at the end of the year. He hasn't learned anything, or been relevant, in over a decade. Without Dog to needle him and keep his bloated ego in check, he's become a caricature of himself; an incredibly dated know-it-all who is abusive to callers, constantly sighs in boredom, and generally sounds like he can't believe he has to sit there, drink his Diet Coke and talk to the peons and rubes who phone in. The sooner he's off the air the better.

Last edited:
Per Websters dictionary:
"Definition of gringo

plural
gringos
often disparaging
  1. : a foreigner in Spain or Latin America especially when of English or American origin; broadly : a non-Hispanic person"
Snowflake is also often disparaging (especially on ScarletNation).
So it is like describing tourists wandering around Manhattan getting in the way.

Hard to understand why this concept is hard for people. For whatever reason, "Asian" is the preferred term over "Oriental". That's a pretty easy one to just accept and use. It might be stupid that we don't apply it to Indians (South Asians) and we do call Filipinos "Asian" -- but, again, it's a simple rule.

This has more to do with the evolution of language than anything.
Well while I don't take offense to it myself, I understand why other Asians get offended by the term. What people are not realizing here is the experience of what it is like being Asian in the US, whether you are a first generation immigrant, second generation child of immigrants like myself, or later one. Regardless of how American we act, how many generations our families have been American, etc we've always been treated like foreigners in our own country. People are "surprised" that we speak good English, we get talked down to by whites while blacks and Latinos often hate us for being successful in school and job and "selling out to the white man," and usually we are treated as "not really an American, just Asian." Even when it comes to the media who are so overly sensitive about offending blacks, gays/trans, etc they usually don't worry about offending Asians because they know we usually don't make a big fuss about that stuff. Heck even the SJW-driven ESPN had on their headline "CHINK IN THE ARMOR" with an article about Jeremy Lin and half the people out there tried to defend that shit. That was probably one of the few times as a mature adult that I've ever actually felt offended about this stuff.

Now back to the term Oriental - as you can see from what I wrote about the Asian American experience, there's logical reasoning behind why some of us get offended by it - we're treated like 2nd class people often by the other races because we don't look like white or black people. We're often treated as exotic, foreigners or outcasts growing up... that's why a lot of Asian Americans take offense to that term.

Reactions: SHUSource
Well while I don't take offense to it myself, I understand why other Asians get offended by the term. What people are not realizing here is the experience of what it is like being Asian in the US, whether you are a first generation immigrant, second generation child of immigrants like myself, or later one. Regardless of how American we act, how many generations our families have been American, etc we've always been treated like foreigners in our own country. People are "surprised" that we speak good English, we get talked down to by whites while blacks and Latinos often hate us for being successful in school and job and "selling out to the white man," and usually we are treated as "not really an American, just Asian." Even when it comes to the media who are so overly sensitive about offending blacks, gays/trans, etc they usually don't worry about offending Asians because they know we usually don't make a big fuss about that stuff. Heck even the SJW-driven ESPN had on their headline "CHINK IN THE ARMOR" with an article about Jeremy Lin and half the people out there tried to defend that shit. That was probably one of the few times as a mature adult that I've ever actually felt offended about this stuff.

Now back to the term Oriental - as you can see from what I wrote about the Asian American experience, there's logical reasoning behind why some of us get offended by it - we're treated like 2nd class people often by the other races because we don't look like white or black people. We're often treated as exotic, foreigners or outcasts growing up... that's why a lot of Asian Americans take offense to that term.

just wow

No, it is just because you can't drive well...:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: RUonBrain
Just bought some Ramen noodles the other day. There usually are 4 flavors: Chicken, Beef, Shrimp, and Oriental. No more Oriental flavor. It's now called Soy Sauce flavor. Just found it odd and figured to add it to this thread. Carry on.

Just bought some Ramen noodles the other day. There usually are 4 flavors: Chicken, Beef, Shrimp, and Oriental. No more Oriental flavor. It's now called Soy Sauce flavor. Just found it odd and figured to add it to this thread. Carry on.

I was wondering why someone would resuscitate this thread.. fair enough.. eliminating "oriental" in favor of "soy".. interesting.

This thread was about what a disparaging asshole Francessa is So what do we do? Disparage each other. We are Francessa nation

Archie Bunker called them chinks. Meathead corrected him: " you mean the Chinese man, Arch ?" Archie: "yeah that's what I said, chinks"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT