ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Football vs. Boston College

First game with new offensive staff is hard to plan for.

If we have NV we win by 10.
Whomever plays back there I'd like some consistency. I believe the final drive shows what can be done when it's not spin the dial.

Last edited:
Reactions: redking
I was very impressed with our lbs minus losing the TE all day.
Agree.

I still think we'll struggle in a number of games this season. But I was pretty encouraged by a number of things I saw.

GS said, in the game week press-conference earlier in the week, that the team would be a lot better by the end of the season. While that's true of most teams, I think it's more true of young and/or inexperienced teams with more initial growth to go through. So yeah, amidst the many mistakes, there were some pretty good signs.

Looking forward to next week's game.

Great win today but it still doesn't erase the fact that GS never won the Big East,
Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reactions: ChasRC69
Jeez . You people in this thread are idiots and look like asses !!
Not everyone, but... yeah, some definitely fit that bill. I had to tune out the thread for most of the game. Just too many people lacking any kind of patience or equanimity.

Reactions: ChasRC69
Game prep sucked. In game adjustments after the half.. excellent.
We have absolutely no way of knowing that game prep sucked. The team was screwing up right and left in the first half for sure. But it could've been coaching or just players screwing up which can happen no matter how well coached.

I always figure there's enough blame to go around for the entire team, staff and players. But I prefer to focus on the positives, and I saw plenty to build upon.

Agree.

I still think we'll struggle in a number of games this season. But I was pretty encouraged by a number of things I saw.

GS said, in the game week press-conference earlier in the week, that the team would be a lot better by the end of the season. While that's true of most teams, I think it's more true of young and/or inexperienced teams with more initial growth to go through. So yeah, amidst the many mistakes, there were some pretty good signs.

Looking forward to next week's game.
First few offensive possessions were rough. Team improved through out the game. At the end of the game it was the OL wearing their defense down. Hard to believe it was the same game. We’ll done.

First few offensive possessions were rough. Team improved through out the game. At the end of the game it was the OL wearing their defense down. Hard to believe it was the same game. We’ll done.
True, way too many mistakes in the first half.

Given everything going on, the start of the game was a little predictable. We had lots of new faces and lots of young faces. The coaches were getting their first significant game-day experience with a lot of players. Hell, the coaches were getting their first game-day experience with some of the other coaches.

Wasn't pretty but a win is a better starting point than a loss. Now let's see how the team improves for next week.

True, way too many mistakes in the first half.

Given everything going on, the start of the game was a little predictable. We had lots of new faces and lots of young faces. The coaches were getting their first significant game-day experience with a lot of players. Hell, the coaches were getting their first game-day experience with some of the other coaches.

Wasn't pretty but a win is a better starting point than a loss. Now let's see how the team improves for next week.
A win is a win. Don’t need pretty.

That last drive wouldn't have happened with Noah because he isn't a threat with his legs like Gavin is.
You know I debated this very point with myself. My first thought was "anyone can hand it off" but I think there is some truth to what you say. My personal preference would still be to start Simon and give Gavin a few series, but I could see the other side. But I'd prefer one of those two over Vedral.

Reactions: runner3283
Not everyone, but... yeah, some definitely fit that bill. I had to tune out the thread for most of the game. Just too many people lacking any kind of patience or equanimity.
I’ve always said game threads will get emotional posts and it’s not a biggie to me. If anything I’ll try to post things like we’re in a score or even two if there’s plenty of time left, etc…

Nice to get the win. Still worry about the offense but we’ll see how that does as the season goes and we get into conference play. I think the defense looked solid.

Reactions: mildone
You're angry because you know it's true. Rutgers will never break through under Schiano. He peaked 15 years ago and honestly just isn't a smart coach.. all he has is longevity and some moderate recruiting acumen. Hopefully it doesn't take until 2027 for our fans and AD to understand this.
you should have shut up as I kindly suggested

For me Evan played smarter, passes better and has the ability to run as well.

RU gives the B1G its first P5 victory of the season and our second in a row over the hated ACC. Hopefully, OSU will get the second one tonight, defeating ND, which isn't exactly P5 but does have a seat at the table.

Anybody know if RU will get the home game against Syracuse that we missed in 2020? That game needs to be rescheduled.
Do it on a Wednesday night, like PSL.

You know I debated this very point with myself. My first thought was "anyone can hand it off" but I think there is some truth to what you say. My personal preference would still be to start Simon and give Gavin a few series, but I could see the other side. But I'd prefer one of those two over Vedral.
actually the new OL was responsible.. not the threat of QB runs. No one wss staying home to protect against QB.. well.. no front 7

We win a big game and some fans first reaction is to call out other fans because they’re negative. I appreciate that sometimes comments go over the line but if you’re such a huge fan why would care what someone else said? I would think you’d still be talking about the game and not fans comments during the game. But hey carry on

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Great win today but it still doesn't erase the fact that GS never won the Big East,
so making a downer message is the best way to show you like it when RU wins.
Whatever floats your boat.
I'm sure there will be a few who like that boat.
Messages like your eraser post just gives me a sinking feeling that some here would shoot the bluebird of happiness just because they don't like birds.

That said: In my opinion today great win today and started the season off on a positive note and makes (some) RU FB fans feel good.

We have absolutely no way of knowing that game prep sucked. The team was screwing up right and left in the first half for sure. But it could've been coaching or just players screwing up which can happen no matter how well coached.

I always figure there's enough blame to go around for the entire team, staff and players. But I prefer to focus on the positives, and I saw plenty to build upon.
So you were full of positives during that first half. Ok. Ha.

so making a downer message is the best way to show you like it when RU wins.
Whatever floats your boat.
I'm sure there will be a few who like that boat.
Messages like your eraser post just gives me a sinking feeling that some here would shoot the bluebird of happiness just because they don't like birds.

That said: In my opinion today great win today and started the season off on a positive note and makes (some) RU FB fans feel good.
MAD HAT:
Sarcasm. I post that all the time when we do well as that was/is the rallying cry of the anti-GS crowd.

Reactions: knightinaz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT