ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Football vs. Boston College

IMO, I like these threads because it's just nice way to talk about the game with other fans. If there are comments that I think are a little to vehement or whatever, I just ignore it and move right on. It's not even real life where it's in one ear, out the other. It's a message board and very easy to do.

Everyone should do whatever keeps it fun for them. If it's avoiding the thread, that's good too. Whether it's a loss or a win, I don't see why anyone should go after one another. Just find ways to have fun and enjoy whatever you like. We're fans but in the end it's just a game..it's good to commiserate or celebrate with others but no reason to be worked up or angry one way or the other. Whether we're winning or losing, as typical of this board, there are always people who come up with comments that give me chuckle and keep things fun. Seek out things you like and avoid things you don't but there's no reason to go after one another imo.
I am not telling the temper-tantrum-throwers to stop either, although it would be nice if they'd grow up just a little. I just avoid the thread when it gets too prevalent.

I'm gonna call them what they are, though, those childish, immature, lacking in self-control, behaving exactly like Violet from Willy-Wonka, bastards that they are. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: rutgersguy1
I am not telling the temper-tantrum-throwers to stop either, although it would be nice if they'd grow up just a little. I just avoid the thread when it gets too prevalent.

I'm gonna call them what they are, though, those childish, immature, lacking in self-control, behaving exactly like Violet from Willy-Wonka, bastards that they are. 😀
See…proves my point these threads always have funny lines…winning or losing 😊

Reactions: mildone
Just watching BTN final drive, I think some were on Dinardo recently. Some nice comments from the crew, especially about the last drive. Dinardo said along with the ND, two best conference wins of the day. I don’t know if anyone else played a P5 OOC yesterday but whatever lol.

Wow, and to think how the wrestling forum considers me to be too negative. This crowd was brutal. The truth is somewhere in between the critics and the cheerleaders.

Winning doesn't mean the team went from pathetic to great. Same for the coaching. Boston College was bad and nearly won. Neither team can look forward to much of a season. The news headlines today say a lot about both teams. BC's turnovers versus Rutgers penalties. How many penalties? Did those kids make that many mistakes when in high school? Execution is a big indication of coaching. That game signals big trouble when Rutgers has to face a good team.

Maybe it's just my perception that Rutgers hasn't settled on a quarterback for... what, ten years? Coach needs to make a decision and allow the quarterback to settle in and get comfortable. I've been hoping for a good Rutgers and NJ football team since Anderson came decades ago. Not going to happen this year.

They were bowl eligible last year, have an experienced QB and one of the best WR in the country. They’re a middle of the pack ACC team. That constitutes solid for me.
they also lost pretty much their entire OL after last year (several were NFL prospects) and their defense outside of like one linebacker are pretty bad. We have a more talented roster but their top players were more experienced. In reality they are a squad with a very good QB and WR combo but not much else to speak of. Its a team that we should have beaten on paper, and did, but hopefully the team can parlay this win into better execution later on so that they can compete with the far better competition once we enter Big Ten play.

another bad chpice, imho.. give wimsat and simon whole halves.. dont switch em up and have OL adjust to different count styles

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT