ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Football vs. Michigan State

lack of touch? Hit Strong twice and does not catch the ball. Hit kid in hands , catch it. Put Simon in but rain not going to make it easy. Could see coach on sideline getting on Strong.

Last edited:
Reactions: tm_nj
The most aggravated I’ve felt watched a half since losing to Houston in the NCAA tourney
Agreed. However I was annoyed by lack of call last week and against Mich St. I am at a complete loss. You cannot blame the team for pressing when so much stuff is not going there way.

I think teams are even talent wise.
Flags have helped MSU.
If I’m MSU coach I’m telling qb to underthrow every ball.

that targeting bullshit screwed up everything
If that was a correct interpretation of the rule, then the rule sucks. A defensive lineman is not gonna break through the offensive line standing up. He’s gonna be down low and charge hard.

Stop with this….
Just sit for a second and think about all the calls the missed and if it would have made a difference.
On monagai run missed facemask
Dremel head to head diffenseless
Multiple holding calls and pass interference
Targeting call
At least Two missed offside by Mich st and I’m sure there is more.

Just sit for a second and think about all the calls the missed and if it would have made a difference.
Targeting call
Roughing the passer, Dixon was knocked off balance by a lineman.

We are getting absolutely hosed by these refs. Msu fans next to us agree. That last uncalled very obvious hold was only the last obvious uncalled penalty against msu

2 uncalled offsides

1 obvious helmet to helmet ( which of course they called on us later)

2 bogus dpi against us ( last Ive may have been legit). The second one the msu wr turned around and pushed the Ru defender = dpi. It’s absurd

Targeting call

Every game there are missed calls. Every game. Not just when Rutgers is losing. Yet fans only seem to harp on these missed calls when the team they root for is losing….

Reactions: Postman_1
The targeting call is technically right

But many calls and non-calls have been bullshit

Their DL has jumped the line multiple times, but weren’t called. We were

Their dbacks have been handsy, but they’re not called. Meanwhile Longerbeam
is when he’s turned around and both of them fighting for the ball

The non-call of blatant holding already swung the game 3 points

Reactions: #1 RUFan and tm_nj
What f%%king game are you watching?
Every game it’s the same thing. People complaining about the refs all the time. The refs don’t have an agenda against Rutgers. They are just getting outplayed. Close calls happen in every game that can go either way. I’m a Rutgers fan and want them to win too. Just sick of “it’s the refs fault” excuses.

Adjustments:

Offense-
Run the ball more.

Defense-
Play more cover-3 zone. Drop a safety into the box and play zone behind it.

Roughing the passer, Dixon was knocked off balance by a lineman.
Agreed. And his back was turned. Sure he hit him low, but c'mon their lineman pushed him. We're playing bad, but the refs are killing us. MSU would not be ahead this much with those bad calls. One of the missed holding calls their lineman was on Bailey's back lol.

I think teams are even talent wise.
Flags have helped MSU.
If I’m MSU coach I’m telling qb to underthrow every ball.
Seriously. OPI on two under-thrown balls.

Missed face mask penalty. Missed holding call. Bad targeting call. If we come back and win it will be a miracle.

The MSU game thread on “The Only Colors” site is laughing at the ref calls. They said the targeting call was bogus as were the PI calls.

“the refs love us”

Most of MSU’s big pass plays are flag calls and/or helped out by blatant holding.

How anyone can say the refs have nothing to do with the current deficit is beyond me.

At the local firehouse for an open house - as a cub scout event.
I'm ignoring the game so I can watch later. Left the house after we kicked a fg to make it 7-3.

Our mayor walks up to me, sees my Rutgers jacket and goes "Oh. Rutgers is winning. They just kicked a FG. It's 7-6."
I'm super confused so I have to check my phone and see we were losing 7-6.

I'm voting against him in the next election.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT