ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD -- Rutgers Football vs. No. 1 Ohio State

Gavin is really not the guy, clearly. You NEVER throw into triple coverage. There wasn’t a better option? Poor decision making. Gotta fix this kids accuracy somehow and fast.

We are a really good team with severe limitations in the passing game. I know I‘m not breaking news here, but man are we close.
Agree. If we had a QB with serviceable accuracy, this game would be going down to the wire! Wimsatt has his moments but with no consistent accuracy and spotty mental decisions, all we can do for now is take what you can get out of his athleticism.

Last edited:
Feels like the Michigan game where the final score doesn’t really tell the tale. We are going toe to toe with elite teams with non-elite talent. That is very hard to do.

I wish we won the game and I’m bummed that we didn’t but I am feeling good about the future.

We are a really good team with severe limitations in the passing game. I know I‘m not breaking news here, but man are we close.

After the Indiana game I said treat these 4 games as training for next year.
Similar to after a team gets eliminated from bowl eligibility.

Throw it a ton, get GW work, let him throw INTs and play risky and make mistakes.
Get the younger WRs work (play but keep their redshirts).

To better prepare the offense for next year.

Reactions: Scarlet Craig
Feels like the Michigan game where the final score doesn’t really tell the tale. We are going toe to toe with elite teams with non-elite talent. That is very hard to do.

I wish we won the game and I’m bummed that we didn’t but I am feeling good about the future.
I agree. Sad about the game, but seeing some really good progress. I have more hope for the future than I did prior to the season. And I have some more hope that, barring more key injuries, we can get another couple wins to finish out the season.

Reactions: Scarlet Craig

Final score always tells the tale.

These games mean nothing until we win

• Haha
Reactions: njxchange
Announcers "HC Schiano coaching until the end. He wants a score here."

We run it up the middle and don't hurry up.
Listening to announcers is pointless.
Don't know why people get upset over them.
Meaningless.

Reactions: Plum Street
I'm totally disgusted with the way we played out last 10 minutes. Snap the ****ing ball before 2 seconds. ****ing Horrible. You take 2 TO's to allow OSU to score again to run the ****ing clock out ****ing bullshit GS

Reactions: bac2therac
The fact that we're all on here pointing out what could've put us over the top is a HUGE improvement over years past. Did Kirk C mess up goal to go playcalling, did the pick-6 change the game, did the OSU LT false start, all yes. But Rutgers defense played their hearts out, Monangai was amazing again and Schiano had them ready to play. On to Iowa... and B1G refs still stink!

No reason we can’t pick up two wins the rest of the year. The offense is work in progress but we proved we could move the ball against what some were saying was the best OSU D in two decades. Our OL was moving people. Wimsatt had decent protection. The D played very well. From what I saw today a win in crappy valley is not impossible. Iowa and UMD are WELL within reach.

The interception & score turned the game around. We had them on their heels. Score there & we win.
Wimsatt has natural physical ability but lacks football sense. Certainly not good for a QB. Locks on to receivers, misses open receivers, throws into double & triple coverage, poor decision making.
Too bad we clearly could have beaten these guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT