BeKnighted

Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
End of the regular season in B12, AAC

B1G

None

Other RU opponents

St. Francis (PA) 67 Wagner 58 – Red Flash in control most of the way
Fairleigh Dickinson 66 Central Connecticut 63 – Blue Demons blew a 7-point halftime lead

Other ranked teams

#1 Baylor 63 West Virginia 57 – surprisingly close; Cox had 20 and 10 for the Bears
#2 Connecticut 57 South Florida 47 – Huskies actually trailed at the half
#19 Iowa State 69 Kansas 49 – Carleton and Scott both had double-doubles for the Cyclones

Also

Sacred Heart 54 Robert Morris 45 – a bit of an upset, but it was the top 2 teams in the NEC
Old Dominion 69 Longwood 48 – rare (really rare) March OOC contest
Central Florida 59 Houston 50 – Knights clinch 2nd in AAC; they look like an at-large candidate to me
Kansas State 68 Oklahoma State 58 – Wildcats get their 20th win

Today:

B1G: 0-0
Other RU opponents: 1-1

Year to date:

B1G: 109-37
RU opponents: 162-122

There was one palindromic score in 28 games today. There have been 43 palindromic scores in 4,886 games so far this year. This is the third day in a row with a palindromic score.

Last edited:
Reactions: MADHAT1
End of the regular season in B12, AAC

Kansas State 68 Oklahoma State 58 – Cougars get their 20th win
Um - Willie the Wildcat would be upset. I guess I'm partial to making sure Wildcats get their recognition. Of course I prefer Wilbur and Wilma Wildcat.

Odd factoid - our (Arizona) wildcats are "married", Mr. and Mrs. Wilbur Wildcat. Accidentally found out the other day that the other school with "married" mascots is NC State (I don't remember their names) - but the mention included the odd fact that they were "married" on the court by - the "Demon Deacon". 1981, IIRC.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Um - Willie the Wildcat would be upset. I guess I'm partial to making sure Wildcats get their recognition. Of course I prefer Wilbur and Wilma Wildcat.

Odd factoid - our (Arizona) wildcats are "married", Mr. and Mrs. Wilbur Wildcat. Accidentally found out the other day that the other school with "married" mascots is NC State (I don't remember their names) - but the mention included the odd fact that they were "married" on the court by - the "Demon Deacon". 1981, IIRC.

Eeek. Thanks for catching that. I'm fixing it now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT