ADVERTISEMENT

Games of interest - March 7

BeKnighted

Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
More late games because of conference tournaments, and the first automatic bids to the NCAAs were decided. (I've highlighted those games in bold.)

Big Ten

#4 Maryland 74 #24 Northwestern 63 - Wildcats got called for 21 fouls (a day late)
Ohio State 91 #14 Iowa 86 OT - tied at the half, too

Other RU opponents

#3 South Carolina 74 LSU 54 - Lady Tigers led by 4 at the half
#5 Tennessee 75 #12 Kentucky 64 - sets up Lady Vol-Gamecock final in SEC
East Carolina 77 Temple 71 - Owls' 2nd half comeback effort fails

Other ranked teams

#1 Connecticut 93 Cincinnati 34 - Huskies starters played a total of 120 minutes
#2 Notre Dame 55 #16 Duke 49 - Loyd had 21 for the Irish
#6 Baylor 82 Kansas State 70 - closer than I would have expected
#7 Florida State 66 #10 Louisville 51 - Seminoles had a big halftime lead and held it
#13 Princeton 63 Columbia 44 - clinches Ivy title
#19 Stanford 59 #9 Arizona State 56 - Pac-12 tourney is upset city
#21 George Washington 72 Fordham 60 - Colonials get Dayton in A-10 final

Also

Tennessee State 64 Tennessee Martin 60 - Lady Tigers get the OVC's NCAA bid
Xavier 70 Georgetown 67 - Hoyas end season 4-27 - ouch

Today:

Other RU opponents 1-2 (*corrected*)

Year to date:

Big Ten 115-40
Other RU opponents 146-164

There were no palindromic scores in 84 games on Saturday. That makes 39 palindromic scores in 5,285 games this year. It's been one day since the last palindromic score.

This post was edited on 3/8 8:23 PM by BeKnighted

The two teams in the BIG that I dislike the most ate in the finals.....I refuse to watch it.

I stayed up to see the overtime game, Mitchell hits two big threes late in overtime; Iowa made several stupid decisions in OT.

O.S. is full of underclassman, too, and along with Maryland will dominate the next couple of years. I think next season we will be happy with fifth place. Mitchell is the real deal and nearly impossible to cover.

I'm not sure if everyone is aware that our Myia McCurdy is now on staff at Ohio State!

Originally posted by suzebe:
I'm not sure if everyone is aware that our Myia McCurdy is now on staff at Ohio State!
Ran into Myia in the hotel in Chicago.

Originally posted by suzebe:
I will root for the Ohio State tonight. Plus, can never root for Brenda, who is so full of herself I think she allows herself to be miked up for most games, and brings cameras into the lockerroom to hear her corny cheerleading speeches.
shock.r191677.gif

Other RU opponents

#3 South Carolina 74 LSU 54 - Lady Tigers led by 4 at the half
#5 Tennessee 75 #12 Kentucky 64 - sets up Lady Vol-Gamecock final in SEC
East Carolina 77 Temple 71 - Owls' 2nd half comeback effort fails

Today:

Other RU opponents 2-5

¿?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT