ADVERTISEMENT

Gavitt Games / Big 10 vs ACC Challenge

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
When do the above games for the 2019/2020 season get announced? I only ask because Rothstein posted the inauguaral Big East vs Big 12 Challenge for next year.

In the challenge, there's really only 1 game of interest: Kansas at Villanova. Locally, Seton Hall is at Iowa State and in an old BE Matchup: Huggy Bear's Mountaineers will visit the Johnnies.

When do the above games for the 2019/2020 season get announced? I only ask because Rothstein posted the inauguaral Big East vs Big 12 Challenge for next year.

In the challenge, there's really only 1 game of interest: Kansas at Villanova. Locally, Seton Hall is at Iowa State and in an old BE Matchup: Huggy Bear's Mountaineers will visit the Johnnies.

May 31st last year...

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/we-draw-miami-again-in-the-big-10-acc-challenge.145504/

Well we defeated Miami on the road this past season. Only 8 of 14 BIG teams will participate so I don't know if we will be in it this coming season but if we are we should get a home game.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
All 14 B1G teams are in the ACC challenge in which RU defeated Miami last season. We alternate home and away so since we were at Miami last year we will be at home this season.

In the Gavitt games only 8 B1G teams participate. RU has participated 3 times in the Gavitt games. We were at DePaul and played at SJU (when Eddie was HC) and had SJU at home this past season. Not sure if RU will be in the Gavitt games this coming season (probably not) but our next appearance should be a home game since we played away twice and home only once.

Gavitt Games were announced May 15 last year. Like Sideline said, I expect us to not be participants this season.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
We won't be in the Gavitt games this year. It's imperative that we boost our OOC schedule though. We really need to get into an early season tournament with strictly q1 and q2 teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT