ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga/UCLA

ClassOf02

Heisman Winner
Sep 30, 2010
Holy crap, what a bloodbath. Zags up 33-10 with 8+ left in first half still. Cronin has used 3 timeouts already. Gonzaga is a machine on both sides of the floor.

Myles playing ok, but picked up 2 fouls in less than 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Crazy looking at how frail this guy Holmgren on Gonzaga looks. He’s the likely #1 pick in the NBA draft next year. He looks like a hot dog with toothpicks for arms and legs. And he also looks crazy athletic.

It appeared that Cronin was yelling at MJ for that 2nd foul; that coach isn't going to tolerate the quick fouls. .

Reactions: knight82
Crazy looking at how frail this guy Holmgren on Gonzaga looks. He’s the likely #1 pick in the NBA draft next year. He looks like a hot dog with toothpicks for arms and legs. And he also looks crazy athletic.
Just watched him stuff Myles off the backboard, take it the the length of the floor, dust Myles on the other end with a nice behind the back move, and then yam it with two hands.

Its crazy how well he moves for someone his size. This team is loaded.

Reactions: ClassOf02
Just watched him stuff Myles off the backboard, take it the the length of the floor, dust Myles on the other end with a nice behind the back move, and then yam it with two hands.

Its crazy how well he moves for someone his size. This team is loaded.
I don’t know how his legs don’t snap in half with every step.

Reactions: cm_13
I had a hard time watching cause I kept waiting for his tibia to come through his skin.

Also noticed Cronin screaming at Myles - bit of a change from Pikiell.

Just saw a highlight for Gonzaga Holmgren at the top of the key blow by Myles and jam it. He's the skinny 7ft freshman.

It was worse than this one.. where he had help of a moving pick.. that he did not need.. but this video is up

Last edited:
Reactions: silkcitypirate
The quick fouls on Myles were cited as inevitable in previous threads previewing the game.

Wish we played half as soft as these teams. They can at least shoot.

Tough east coast basketball is an awful watch. We epitomize it.

E6CFow5WEAQ8yNq.jpg

What’s crazy is the likely 2023 1st overall pick (Victor Wembanyama) is even taller and skinnier than Chet, if you can believe that

UCLA fans are hating pretty hard on Johnson today. Hope he enjoys being a pariah all year.

Its amazing that such a small school continues to recruit elite talent and continues to be ranked number one.

Reactions: Kbee3
UCLA fans are hating pretty hard on Johnson today. Hope he enjoys being a pariah all year.
That is an interesting dynamic. Even if we had our other issues this season, a returning Myles would still be a popular Knight forever. But at UCLA, he is just another guy they brought in to attempt to win a title. From an academic and "close to home" angle it could still be a better fit for Myles, but from a hoops side, the expectations went WAY UP.

Unlike almost all of our fans, they recognize….nevermind.
Everybody who's watched Myles play on a regular basis knows what he's capable of, and what he's not capable of. UCLA didn't expect him to be their starting star center. Playing against a taller, agile, probable lottery pick (Holmgren), and another offensive minded big man who'll probably go late first round to mid second round (Timme), is not an easy task for any center, and especially when other players on your team are getting spanked by the opponent too... So far in 6 games, Holmgren and Timme are shooting a combined 73-109 from the floor.

I'll wait to see how Myles does against more typical competition during the rest of the season, and when he's coming off the bench again after Cody Riley is back, instead of being forced into a starting role against the best team in the country. How the game turned out for Myles shouldn't have been unexpected. If Myles was capable of shutting down guys like Holmgren and Timme, or matching them in scoring, he'd probably already be in the NBA now.

Last edited:
Reactions: RC1978
I don’t know how his legs don’t snap in half with every step.

My daughter in law was working at the scorer’s table for the tournament and saw him
up close. I saw her yesterday and she said the same thing and she really meant it. She said it’s scary how thin his legs are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT