ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeye Buzz Saw!

Oh God. Not feeling about tomorrow.

All of ours guys need on tomorrow.

Lets hope they are exhausted. And let's hope we don't get humiliated like that or we will be talking NIT.
When you win like Iowa did today you barely break a sweat and expend little energy.
I will take a cold slap in the face and physical abuse on our part
I want Iowa to say holy shit, this ain’t Northwestern

Not to take anything away from Iowa -- they're good and they're hot -- but I can't count the number of times Iowa had wide open shots for 3. Wide. Open. No defenders within 10 feet of them.

The Northwestern defense was a mere rumor more often than not in this game.
I noticed NW didn’t do much switching on defense. Our ability to switch will close down a good portion of those open 3s.

The Iowa game at the RAC this year was probably the most intense defensive effort I’ve ever seen and I watch a lot of basketball. Not being biased. Was just unreal from possession 1 to the final possession, with no time off or letting up. They have beaten us on by a basket, we’ve beaten them by a basket, we also blew them out on Senior Day in their place. Our guys have to keep it in their mind that they can win with focus. Iowa will hit some threes, we can respond

Good thing you aren't being tied to a chair and forced to watch tomorrow's game, then!

I'm not saying RU can't win. They can! Just that, as RU luck would have it, this might be the toughest assignment in the Tournament right now because Iowa is red-hot down the stretch. Beat Iowa and we can win the whole damn thing!

Explain “this was a set up”
I’m admittedly dense
To Try to build suspense. Some people who don't know Rutgers think they have no answer for Keegan Murray.

They want to save that conversation as the game gets closer. Tomorrow they'll show McConnell on defense, show the "Block" against OSU, talk about the 23 point scorer vs. the DPOY. Play it up big on TV and social media.

Last edited:
Reactions: zappaa
"Gonna take a big strong 6.6 or 6.7 guard to match him up". LoL. BTW I don't even think Caleb matched up with him last game, am I wrong?

I thought Ron covered him last game but may be confusing games

He did and did it very well, but it really took away from Ron's offensive game. I'd like to see Caleb get the assignment tomorrow and have Ron save his energy for draining threes and driving top the hoop.

Reactions: RUKen and brucelaw8
He did and did it very well, but it really took away from Ron's offensive game. I'd like to see Caleb get the assignment tomorrow and have Ron save his energy for draining threes and driving top the hoop.
Use Caleb and Mag on Muarry. Maybe Harper for stretches to put a big body on him.

Use Miller for stretches on JB..full court pit bull defensive pressure.

Reactions: RC71 and BillyC80
Iowa is the hottest team in the league hands down. Their 61 points in the first half today was more than RU scored in their entire last game. Does anyone still think they'd rather play Iowa than Northwestern? Our boys are heading into a buzz saw tomorrow afternoon. They need to really step up the D on the 3-point line and find a way to score enough to keep us in the game. Stopping Murray is not nearly enough. Everyone seems to have a hot hand of late on Iowa.
It will make the win that much sweeter!!

I really feel that RU fans are the worst miserable bunch of people ever

Rather than focusing on Iowa…I want to know who is covering Cliff, RHJ, and PM from their side???? When those guys are on they are tough to stop and I don’t see them having anyone who can defend us

I really feel that RU fans are the worst miserable bunch of people ever

Rather than focusing on Iowa…I want to know who is covering Cliff, RHJ, and PM from their side???? When those guys are on they are tough to stop and I don’t see them having anyone who can defend us
Nice compliment🙂
Let me get this straight, I’m a miserable fan because I’m concentrating on how our defense is going to smother and suffocate Iowa, instead of saying how are they going to stop us?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rutgers56
Can we settle down on the iowa hype. This is not the 1972 bruins we are talking about. They had an outstanding game against a poor NW team but they literally lost the game before to Illinois. They are not unbeatable.
As with the rest of the season, this game is more about how RU plays. If we are playing good D and Harper and Geo are hitting shots, we will win.

Reactions: wheezer
Nice compliment🙂
Let me get this straight, I’m a miserable fan because I’m concentrating on how our defense is going smother and suffocate Iowa, instead of saying how are they going to stop us?
More for people like RU-ROCS

I’m sitting here listening to the B1G network.
They are discussing how no one can match up with Kegan Murray and how he eats guards alive.
Knowing full well they are playing us tomorrow with DPOY going against him and say nothing about it?
Today is Iowa's day. Tomorrow they will talk up Caleb & the matchup.

Iowa has not beat Illinois (2), Purdue (2), Wisconsin or RU the top 4 teams in league. They split with Michigan, and beat OSU(1) and MSU (1) . Most of their wins were Md (2), Indiana(1), Minn (2), Neb (2), NW (1) split with PSU. We just need to play our game.

Still dont like the fact we got a double bye. Iowa has got a game under their belt and into the tourney. I can honestly see us come out sluggish. We come out sluggish we will start chasing the ball/ play and get dusted on a lot of open shots.

Iowa has not beat Illinois (2), Purdue (2), Wisconsin or RU the top 4 teams in league. They split with Michigan, and beat OSU(1) and MSU (1) . Most of their wins were Md (2), Indiana(1), Minn (2), Neb (2), NW (1) split with PSU. We just need to play our game.
Right. Why we are the higher seed. Play out A game

Iowa has faced almost exclusively the league's worst defenses during this hot streak. Their worst offensive output came against the only good one they faced.

Oh God. Not feeling about tomorrow.

All of ours guys need on tomorrow.

Lets hope they are exhausted. And let's hope we don't get humiliated like that or we will be talking NIT.
Need to finish thoughts....and have a little more faith.

Yikes

To Try to build suspense. Some people who don't know Rutgers think they have no answer for Keegan Murray.

They want to save that conversation as the game gets closer. Tomorrow they'll show McConnell on defense, show the "Block" against OSU, talk about the 23 point scorer vs. the DPOY. Play it up big on TV and social media.
Agree. I watched that discussion about needing a tall guard with length to defend him and kept saying McConnell....McConnell but they never brought up the DPOY. Very confused.

Ron can guard McCaffrey instead

Iowa gets back SF Patrick McCaffery, who missed the first Rutgers game and the road game at Illinois.

Should be a classic 4/5 game.

The Iowa game at the RAC this year was probably the most intense defensive effort I’ve ever seen and I watch a lot of basketball. Not being biased. Was just unreal from possession 1 to the final possession, with no time off or letting up. They have beaten us on by a basket, we’ve beaten them by a basket, we also blew them out on Senior Day in their place. Our guys have to keep it in their mind that they can win with focus. Iowa will hit some threes, we can respond
The most intense RU defensive effort I can remember. Great defense for all 40!
Go RU! Beat the Hawkeyes tomorrow!

Pike and company had extra time to prepare for this game as well. Let's see what he has dialed up for Fran

I just looked it up because I went to Iowa game. Patrick played 31 minutes and I remember he scored basket late to tie the game up. He played Bardo said the same thing. Wrong. Thanks Zap.

Reactions: zappaa
Bardo said it on the air the other night, get info right please. It's like the only reason we won is Patrick was not there, but he played.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scangg and zappaa
Here is the trend we have to buck today. We have played 7 teams twice during this season. In all 7 games, the loser of the 1st game has played relatively better than the winner of the 1st game during their 2nd matchup…sometimes significantly…and regardless of whether the team is home or away.

llinois L 86-51, W 70-59
Purdue W 70-68, 84-72
Michigan W 75-67, L 71-62
Nebraska W 93-65, W 63-61
Maryland W 70-59, L 68-60
Wisconsin W 73-65, L 66-61
Penn State L 66-49, W 59-58
Iowa W 48-46, ???

Still dont like the fact we got a double bye. Iowa has got a game under their belt and into the tourney. I can honestly see us come out sluggish. We come out sluggish we will start chasing the ball/ play and get dusted on a lot of open shots.
I think your thoughts on this are wrong
Why would we want to play four games to win the title, when we could do it with three?

Heck, if there was a triple bye I would sign up for that in a nano-second

Teams played for and fought for the double bye all season

Iowa has a game under their belt but can be a bit tired if it is close late
We are rested

Win once and we are in the final four

I think your thoughts on this are wrong
Why would we want to play four games to win the title, when we could do it with three?

Heck, if there was a triple bye I would sign up for that in a nano-second

Teams played for and fought for the double bye all season

Iowa has a game under their belt but can be a bit tired if it is close late
We are rested

Win once and we are in the final four
Just think we need that extra game to get things flowing. 5 day layoff I can see us coming out flat. Iowa has a game under th air belt they are in the flow. They will not be tired. We"ll see hope I'm wrong.

Just think we need that extra game to get things flowing. 5 day layoff I can see us coming out flat. Iowa has a game under th air belt they are in the flow. They will not be tired. We"ll see hope I'm wrong.
We could have drawn a tough matchup one round earlier and got bounced out

All big ten teams are dangerous
A five day layoff is not a layoff imo, or significant one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT