ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Crap. The Thunder out here along the Del. River in Ringoes.

Wait until the rain comes. Temps dropping fast...like 10 degrees in seconds. Tons of lightning. Close strikes. Crazy

We had some thunder that sounded like explosions. There was one house shaking rumble that seemed to last for ten seconds at least.

Huge thunder and lightening storm with hail too just passed through Basking Ridge.

I hope we all don't get banned for talking about weather without #'s approval. But I doubt it.

Huge thunder and lightening storm with hail too just passed through Basking Ridge.

Felt and heard that last night. It was literally minutes of straight lightning and thunder without a let up. The winds last have been insane as well. Some of the gusts remind me of Sandy.

Woke my ass up. More like South Carolina or Oklahoma than Jersey. I have been through twisters in Colorado, fires and Equakes in Cali and floods and hurricanes here but for 10 minutes this morning I thought the wicked witch of the west would be flying by my window.

You didn't get banned for talking about the weather...
Interesting. You keep saying that you had nothing to do with people getting banned in that thread. Yet now you know why we got banned.
And yes we were all talking about weather directly with you. But didn't agree with your viewpoint. Yet you were the only one not banned. And again the predictions of the media and yourself were wrong...again.

Interesting. You keep saying that you had nothing to do with people getting banned in that thread. Yet now you know why we got banned.
And yes we were all talking about weather directly with you. But didn't agree with your viewpoint. Yet you were the only one not banned. And again the predictions of the media and yourself were wrong...again.

White Bus has a point, he basically was banned because he disagreed with Numbers. If people got banned in other threads because they were disagreeing or talking nonsense, the boards would be shut down. Yet there was some specialness going on in that thread and of course probably means a mod on a power trip

as for the cold..its coming back in tonight and tomorrow night...but I have yet to fall below freezing the past two nights which was surprising because I was supposed to get down to 30 Sunday morning and certainly below freezing last night but it didnt happen. Enjoy the upper 50s today and again Thursday because the rest of the week is below normal

Reactions: WhiteBus
No, genius, I'm simply able to read and Spanky said why you were banned in that thread.

"No, he and WhiteBus got banned from THIS thread, since they both had added over a page to it by just bickering."

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/ot-first-day-of-spring-snowstorm.81576/page-4#post-1749540

No, genius, I'm simply able to read and Spanky said why you were banned in that thread.

"No, he and WhiteBus got banned from THIS thread, since they both had added over a page to it by just bickering."

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/ot-first-day-of-spring-snowstorm.81576/page-4#post-1749540
Then why weren't you banned? You actually attacked my viewpoint not the other way around. I was talking about the media hype which had nothing to do with you but you disagreed incorrectly and I got banned. You were 100% wrong just like the media. I called the storm a bust at 6am that morning. You didn't like that, was still wish casting 14 later but I got banned simply because my viewpoint didn't agree with you. Those are the facts.
And you were the one with the condescending attitude on that thread. Should we all pay homage to the great thread weather forecaster? Are the rest of us simple people on this board allowed to have an opinion or present facts that counter your wish casting? Apparently not. You were unhappy that people started presenting facts counter to what you were postinh. And as the storm wasn't going your way and all of a sudden we got banned. That not a coincendence. So "genius" ( another condescending shot) did you get the forecast right or was I 100% correct at 6am calling it a bust?

Last edited:
I hope we all don't get banned for talking about weather without #'s approval. But I doubt it.
Nice. An unprovoked attack on another forum member that's not a moderator about something only moderators could have done and which violates the board rules.

Just curious. When you get banned again, or a timeout, or whatever it is that happens, is that also not going to be your fault?

Nice. An unprovoked attack on another forum member that's not a moderator about something only moderators could have done and which violates the board rules.

Just curious. When you get banned again, or a timeout, or whatever it is that happens, is that also not going to be your fault?
Unprovoked? You're funny. And certainly not paying attention.

Unprovoked? You're funny. And certainly not paying attention.
He had not participated in this thread at all when you attacked him. You attacking him in a thread he hadn't even participated in is an unprovoked attack and it violates at least one forum rule. That particular rule is a good one too. It prevents people who can't let things go from carrying arguments across threads and making the forum miserable for everyone else.

So I'm still curious. When you get banned, again, for violating forum rules in this thread, are you going to accept responsibility for your own actions? Or will it be everybody else's fault?

He had not participated in this thread at all when you attacked him. You attacking him in a thread he hadn't even participated in is an unprovoked attack and it violates at least one forum rule. That particular rule is a good one too. It prevents people who can't let things go from carrying arguments across threads and making the forum miserable for everyone else.

So I'm still curious. When you get banned, again, for violating forum rules in this thread, are you going to accept responsibility for your own actions? Or will it be everybody else's fault?
Umm you do understand that he was attacking me in the other thread when I got banned and I couldn't respond, don't you? So why didn't he get banned? At least in this thread he is able to respond.

And I seeing what your doing here. Playing the roll of the troll. Nice try. But I will take your advise and put you on ignore.

"The thing about trolls is, if you totally ignore them, you win. I don't mean put them on ignore, which I never do with anybody. I mean, just see it's them and skip past it. It's MUCH more satisfying that way.

So, my advice, @RU848789 my old friend, is to form a new habit of simply ignoring posts in these weather threads that are just trolling you and trying to get under your skin. If you respond in any way at all, they win.

Winning on the internet is almost NEVER about being right."

Umm you do understand that he was attacking me in the other thread when I got banned and I couldn't respond, don't you? So why didn't he get banned? At least in this thread he is able to respond.

And I seeing what your doing here. Playing the roll of the troll. Nice try. But I will take your advise and put you on ignore.

"The thing about trolls is, if you totally ignore them, you win. I don't mean put them on ignore, which I never do with anybody. I mean, just see it's them and skip past it. It's MUCH more satisfying that way."
LOL - Still working on that reading comprehension problem, eh? Incidentally, it's "advice".

Then why weren't you banned? You actually attacked my viewpoint not the other way around. I was talking about the media hype which had nothing to do with you but you disagreed incorrectly and I got banned. You were 100% wrong just like the media. I called the storm a bust at 6am that morning. You didn't like that, was still wish casting 14 later but I got banned simply because my viewpoint didn't agree with you. Those are the facts.
And you were the one with the condescending attitude on that thread. Should we all pay homage to the great thread weather forecaster? Are the rest of us simple people on this board allowed to have an opinion or present facts that counter your wish casting? Apparently not. You were unhappy that people started presenting facts counter to what you were postinh. And as the storm wasn't going your way and all of a sudden we got banned. That not a coincendence. So "genius" ( another condescending shot) did you get the forecast right or was I 100% correct at 6am calling it a bust?

I assume I wasn't banned precisely because I was arguing with your viewpoint on "hype" and arguing viewpoints is generally considered acceptable. We were actually having what I thought was a reasonable, if unnecessary (it veered the thread off topic, but that happens) argument about hype, when you took it to a personal level by attacking me (not my viewpoint).

I'm assuming the combination of derailing the weather topic, combined with your personal attack on me is what got you banned from the thread, although that's for one of the mods to weigh in on. If you can't see that, I can't help you. If you need to be reminded of what each of us said, see the thread. Pretty sure very few people would agree with your version of the situation. Also, as I said in the other thread, I had zero to do with you getting banned, as I personally abhor banning.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/ot-first-day-of-spring-snowstorm.81576/page-3

With regard to the storm, the only thing I truly "predicted" was 2" of snow at my house in Metuchen and was wrong on that, although 7 miles to my east, on Staten Island, they got 2" so it was a really close miss. And people like you and T2K will never get any "credit" from me for being "right" about predicting a bust on the low side, when all you ever do is predict busts on the low side - anybody can do that and be right occasionally. That's how folks like T look like complete morons when they call for 4" of snow a day or so before an historic blizzard.

As I've said countless times, I mostly try to help people understand the range of possibilities with winter weather systems, including focusing on likely and unlikely outcomes - and I generally rely most often on the NWS, as they're the least prone to hype and usually have the best local knowledge of any source. The NWS (and I, by association) busted on this one. It happens. But there was no wishcasting involved. My love for snow is far outweighed by my desire to be right.

Lastly, are you saying it's ok for you to make an unprovoked attack on me (as eloquently pointed out by @mildone), but it's not ok for me to respond to that with a relatively mild condenscending comment? You might want to work on your self awareness...

I live in ringoes as well! Thunder was insane. I was awoken by lightning so bright I could see it through closed eyes. Then heard rolling thunder that shook the house steadily louder over 10 seconds. I half thought it was a nuclear detonation at first. Combined with the wind our 9 month old got barely any sleep.

I assume I wasn't banned precisely because I was arguing with your viewpoint on "hype" and arguing viewpoints is generally considered acceptable. We were actually having what I thought was a reasonable, if unnecessary (it veered the thread off topic, but that happens) argument about hype, when you took it to a personal level by attacking me (not my viewpoint).

I'm assuming the combination of derailing the weather topic, combined with your personal attack on me is what got you banned from the thread, although that's for one of the mods to weigh in on. If you can't see that, I can't help you. If you need to be reminded of what each of us said, see the thread. Pretty sure very few people would agree with your version of the situation. Also, as I said in the other thread, I had zero to do with you getting banned, as I personally abhor banning.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/ot-first-day-of-spring-snowstorm.81576/page-3

With regard to the storm, the only thing I truly "predicted" was 2" of snow at my house in Metuchen and was wrong on that, although 7 miles to my east, on Staten Island, they got 2" so it was a really close miss. And people like you and T2K will never get any "credit" from me for being "right" about predicting a bust on the low side, when all you ever do is predict busts on the low side - anybody can do that and be right occasionally. That's how folks like T look like complete morons when they call for 4" of snow a day or so before an historic blizzard.

As I've said countless times, I mostly try to help people understand the range of possibilities with winter weather systems, including focusing on likely and unlikely outcomes - and I generally rely most often on the NWS, as they're the least prone to hype and usually have the best local knowledge of any source. The NWS (and I, by association) busted on this one. It happens. But there was no wishcasting involved. My love for snow is far outweighed by my desire to be right.

Lastly, are you saying it's ok for you to make an unprovoked attack on me (as eloquently pointed out by @mildone), but it's not ok for me to respond to that with a relatively mild condenscending comment? You might want to work on your self awareness...
PLEASE show me where I ATTACKED you on that thread! Complete nonsense. But as soon as I was banned from that thread you couldn't wait to attack me!
Here are some of your quotes from that thread that I couldn't respond to because you had me banned.
Your lack of meteorological knowledge is only surpassed by your inability to construct coherent arguments.

I wish people would argue meteorological details, instead of the really stupid things people argue about in these threads

Having said that, WhiteBus was clearly trolling me and Rock was just saying dumb stuff, both of which led to arguments

Those are your quotes, not mine! Unprovoked attacks by you on that thread and again here. And let me set the record straight. You trolled my post not the other way around. You have failed to admit that your responded to me, not the other way around. On a post that had NOTHING to do with you or any of your posts previously. And it wasn't even one of your threads. You were the one that derailed it, not me. I presented a fact. Another you fail to admit to. At 6am at the time of my first post the storm was already being called a bust. The fact that you kept hanging your failed predictions for another 14 hours on the Mt Holly NWS, the same NWS office that admitted hyping a winter storm a year or so back shows just so how foolish you are.
And as for you not giving me credit for getting it right is just hilarious. You have NO REPECT for any opinion from anyone that disagrees with your viewpoint. I've seen you attack bac more times than anyone and he is right 100x times more than you.
I woke up that morning and saw Channel 10 Philly say that the storm wasn't going to amount to anything. I posted that , as fact, it was another media bust. Simply what you failed to observe the rest of that morning and day that it wasn't getting cold enough to produce the result you wished for. You derailed the thread because you wanted a storm so much that you ignored the facts! There was no reason for anyone to get banned but when those people that did get banned it was 100% to protect you. You should have been the 1st.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
PLEASE show me where I ATTACKED you on that thread! Complete nonsense. But as soon as I was banned from that thread you couldn't wait to attack me!
Here are some of your quotes from that thread that I couldn't respond to because you had me banned.
Your lack of meteorological knowledge is only surpassed by your inability to construct coherent arguments.

I wish people would argue meteorological details, instead of the really stupid things people argue about in these threads

Having said that, WhiteBus was clearly trolling me and Rock was just saying dumb stuff, both of which led to arguments

Those are your quotes, not mine! Unproved attacks by you on that thread and again here. And let me set the record straight. You trolled my post not the other way around. You have failed to admit that your responded to me. On a post that had NOTHING to do with you or any of your posts previously. And it wasn't even one of your threads. You were the one that derailed it, not me. I presented a fact. Another you fail to admit to. At 6am at the time of my first post the storm was already being called a bust. The fact that you keep hanging your failed predictions for another 14 hours on the Mt Holly NWS, the same NWS office that admitted hyping a winter storm a year or so back shows just so how foolish you are.
And as for you having giving me credit for getting it right is just hilarious. You have NO REPECT for any opinion for anyone that disagrees with your viewpoint. I've seen you attack bac more times than anyone and he is right 100x times more than you.
I woke up that morning and saw Channel 10 Philly say that the storm wasn't going to amount to anything. I posted that , as fact, it was another media bust. Simply what you failed to observe the rest of that morning and day was that it wasn't getting cold enough to produce the result you wished for. You derailed the thread because you wanted a storm so much that you ignored the facts! There was no reason for anyone to get banned but when those people that did get banned it was 100% to protect you. You should have been the 1st.
RU#s is not a moderator. He can't ban anybody. You're complaining to and blaming the wrong person.

You two bickered in that thread. You got banned. Constantly complaining to him is pointless. Hijacking this thread to whine about it is pointless.

Email the mods if you feel you have a legitimate gripe. They are the ones that banned you from the thread.

did everyone survive low to mid 40s today...will people die when its hits 20 tonight...I just dont know..why wasnt there a new thread started on cold in April..as if it never happened before in our lifetime...we just had temps 20 degrees above normal now we have them 20 below normal..such is spring

did everyone survive low to mid 40s today...will people die when its hits 20 tonight...I just dont know..why wasnt there a new thread started on cold in April..as if it never happened before in our lifetime...we just had temps 20 degrees above normal now we have them 20 below normal..such is spring

Not even sure what you're saying here. I did start a thread on the "rollercoaster weather" for early April. Also, not sure why you've complained so much this winter - it was the friggin' 2nd warmest winter in history in NYC and was top 2-3 in most locations within 75 miles of New Brunswick - big part of the reason I only started 3 winter weather threads all winter. You should be celebrating.

Those are your quotes, not mine! Unprovoked attacks by you on that thread and again here. And let me set the record straight. You trolled my post not the other way around. You have failed to admit that your responded to me, not the other way around. On a post that had NOTHING to do with you or any of your posts previously. And it wasn't even one of your threads. You were the one that derailed it, not me. I presented a fact. Another you fail to admit to. At 6am at the time of my first post the storm was already being called a bust. The fact that you kept hanging your failed predictions for another 14 hours on the Mt Holly NWS, the same NWS office that admitted hyping a winter storm a year or so back shows just so how foolish you are.
And as for you not giving me credit for getting it right is just hilarious. You have NO REPECT for any opinion from anyone that disagrees with your viewpoint. I've seen you attack bac more times than anyone and he is right 100x times more than you.
I woke up that morning and saw Channel 10 Philly say that the storm wasn't going to amount to anything. I posted that , as fact, it was another media bust. Simply what you failed to observe the rest of that morning and day that it wasn't getting cold enough to produce the result you wished for. You derailed the thread because you wanted a storm so much that you ignored the facts! There was no reason for anyone to get banned but when those people that did get banned it was 100% to protect you. You should have been the 1st.

You are one angry dude. Maybe you should try yoga. Anyway, I didn't post quotes, above, from that thread, as I hoped you'd read the thread and perhaps come to the realization that you clearly attacked me first and would either not post more about it or maybe even apologize. But no. You went to my posts after you attacked me, where I simply defended myself.

Here's the post you made where you attacked me, after we were having a relatively civil discussion on hype. Wonder why you didn't post this one...

"I think you like to protect the media and all weather weenies. You know and most people should know that calling for significant snow 7 days out is just stupid and only focusing on the worst case scenario. The more likely scenario all along is exactly what we are getting. Basically nothing. The most likely scenario all along was a nucience snow in some parts. But you and Tango go and post maps and defend the most unlikely scenario. Not because you know the science but it's because it's what you want. That my friend is hype, pure and simple. Forecasting that is biased to help TV ratings or in your case because you love terrible storms is not forecasting."

In one angry paragraph, you essentially called me stupid, said I only focus on worst case scenarios, said I post maps defending the most unlikely scenario (which is an outright lie), implied I don't know the science (if you want to compare science credentials, bring it on), and implied I hype things because I love terrible storms (your opinion, which you're entitled to, but which I strongly disagree with). I'd call that attacking.

And perhaps the most amusing and sad part (because it betrays your inability to analyze a situation and construct logical arguments) is that you then quote all kinds of things I said as "attacks" on you and said that I posted them after you were banned and couldn't respond. Please re-read the thread, because everything you quoted was posted before bac posted that Roc was banned and Spanky posted that you and Roc were banned from that thread for bickering.

I'll say it one more time: I had nothing to do with you being banned. I hate banning and have said that many times over 15+ years. From what I recall you've been banned multiple times (if I have that wrong, my apologies). Perhaps you should look in the mirror and ask why that is.

Finally, with regard to the actual storm, cold air was not the issue, as you said - the issue was that there was much less precip that fell vs. what some models were showing right up until the end of the storm. As per my posts in that thread and posts by countless others on the weather boards, it was plenty cold for snow aloft and while it was borderline at the surface (32-34F in most locations in the evening into the morning) - we just didn't get enough precip/intensity of precip to get a significant snowfall - except near the coast, where 2-3" fell and LI where 3-6" fell - due to precip intensity, not temps.

Honestly, I think he'd rather stamp his feet and argue. So, so angry. Over weather. And my guess is he might just get himself banned from at least this thread, for attacking me unprovoked, although I don't think he can even comprehend that he broke the forum rule on attacking people (below). Personally, I don't give a crap at all that he made that post, but you'd think maybe he might be worried about being banned again.

No attacking other posters. If you feel the need to harass another poster, don't do it. What is considered attacking other posters?
  • Bringing up their name in posts that they did not start or were not involved in, just to get a reaction from them.

You are one angry dude. Maybe you should try yoga. Anyway, I didn't post quotes, above, from that thread, as I hoped you'd read the thread and perhaps come to the realization that you clearly attacked me first and would either not post more about it or maybe even apologize. But no. You went to my posts after you attacked me, where I simply defended myself.

Here's the post you made where you attacked me, after we were having a relatively civil discussion on hype. Wonder why you didn't post this one...

"I think you like to protect the media and all weather weenies. You know and most people should know that calling for significant snow 7 days out is just stupid and only focusing on the worst case scenario. The more likely scenario all along is exactly what we are getting. Basically nothing. The most likely scenario all along was a nucience snow in some parts. But you and Tango go and post maps and defend the most unlikely scenario. Not because you know the science but it's because it's what you want. That my friend is hype, pure and simple. Forecasting that is biased to help TV ratings or in your case because you love terrible storms is not forecasting."

In one angry paragraph, you essentially called me stupid, said I only focus on worst case scenarios, said I post maps defending the most unlikely scenario (which is an outright lie), implied I don't know the science (if you want to compare science credentials, bring it on), and implied I hype things because I love terrible storms (your opinion, which you're entitled to, but which I strongly disagree with). I'd call that attacking.

And perhaps the most amusing and sad part (because it betrays your inability to analyze a situation and construct logical arguments) is that you then quote all kinds of things I said as "attacks" on you and said that I posted them after you were banned and couldn't respond. Please re-read the thread, because everything you quoted was posted before bac posted that Roc was banned and Spanky posted that you and Roc were banned from that thread for bickering.

I'll say it one more time: I had nothing to do with you being banned. I hate banning and have said that many times over 15+ years. From what I recall you've been banned multiple times (if I have that wrong, my apologies). Perhaps you should look in the mirror and ask why that is.

Finally, with regard to the actual storm, cold air was not the issue, as you said - the issue was that there was much less precip that fell vs. what some models were showing right up until the end of the storm. As per my posts in that thread and posts by countless others on the weather boards, it was plenty cold for snow aloft and while it was borderline at the surface (32-34F in most locations in the evening into the morning) - we just didn't get enough precip/intensity of precip to get a significant snowfall - except near the coast, where 2-3" fell and LI where 3-6" fell - due to precip intensity, not temps.
Those guotes are from that thread. You can not defend 3 things. You attacked me not the other way around. I was right at 6am and for the rest of that day you were wrong. That day I was only responding to you and I got banned, not you as the aggressor.
You asked me to prove that you were calling for big snow. And today you say that you only rely on the NWS. However the post of mine you quote was a non NWS weather map that you posted calling for 7in. You posted it because everyone else was backing off.
The fact is I was right, along with the local media, and you were wrong. The amount of precip was spot on. It was just rain. Sorry you didn't get your big but for crying out loud stop being a baby about it. You forecast was wrong and mine was accurate.
Stop crying. You failed, face up to it.
And go back to the thread. I was banned before any of your attacks.
And I didn't call you stupid. I said you were wrong. The stupid quote comes from you towards me. And it not the first time you called someone stupid. You think your a weather genius. Get back to me when you get one right. I got it right. You didn't

Last edited:
Honestly, I think he'd rather stamp his feet and argue. So, so angry. Over weather. And my guess is he might just get himself banned from at least this thread, for attacking me unprovoked, although I don't think he can even comprehend that he broke the forum rule on attacking people (below). Personally, I don't give a crap at all that he made that post, but you'd think maybe he might be worried about being banned again.

No attacking other posters. If you feel the need to harass another poster, don't do it. What is considered attacking other posters?
  • Bringing up their name in posts that they did not start or were not involved in, just to get a reaction from them.
Listen. You still fail to accept that you responded to my intial post which had ZERO to do with you. You keep posting this fabrication

Last edited:
Listen. You still fail to accept that you responded to my intial post with had ZERO to do with you. You keep posting this fabrication
So, are you actually saying that on a message board I'm not supposed to respond to posts that put forth an opinion that I disagree with? You said it was an overhyped media bust and I disagreed, which is what people do on message boards - disagreeing is not attacking or being an aggressor. C'mon, at least try to be reasonable in your arguments. That's the whole point of message boards and we were having what I thought was a reasonable disagreement until you posted what I quoted from you as your attack on me. Please show me where I was aggressive or attacked you before that post of yours. You can't.

[
So, are you actually saying that on a message board I'm not supposed to respond to posts that put forth an opinion that I disagree with? You said it was an overhyped media bust and I disagreed, which is what people do on message boards - disagreeing is not attacking or being an aggressor. C'mon, at least try to be reasonable in your arguments. That's the whole point of message boards and we were having what I thought was a reasonable disagreement until you posted what I quoted from you as your attack on me. Please show me where I was aggressive or attacked you before that post of yours. You can't.
Oh yes I can. This in just your 2nd response.
I think you just like to complain.

I wasn't complaining. I stated a fact. The media hyped the storm and the storm was a bust. And you couldn't handle that your beloved snow storm was falling apart.

Stop attacking people that presents facts.

And I'm glad you finally admited that you were trolling me, not the other way and your post saying I trolled you was just a lie. I guess better late than never.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT