ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers finally finish a close one

RUSK97

Heisman Winner
Dec 28, 2007
CNJ
FG to take the lead and down undefeated Michigan State. They'll be frenzied when they come to Piscataway in a week.

I was guessing they'd be favored by under 21 points, but forget it. They should be favored by at least 24.

They also received a gift because the receiver ran out of bounds.

Anyone surprised they hit their stride this week?

Does anyone know what the rule is on when exactly the clock is supposed to stop on a throw out of bounds? It seemed to me like there was at least a second still on the clock when the ball crossed the sideline on the last play, which would have given Michigan State a chance to attempt a game-winning field goal.

I've also been wondering the same about field goals--it seems pretty often that games are won on last-second field goals when really there is still a second or two on the clock when the ball crosses the goalposts, which is a big deal because the losing team should then have a chance to return a kick. Is there a rule on this or is it arbitrary?

Just saw a replay of the end of the game. That was a bad call on the force out. It's a shame for them to lose like that. Not only that but the play before MSU just about had an INT in the endzone to end it and he lost the ball just as he hits the ground.

That was a disgrace to football officiating.

The receiver obviously went out of bounds on his own fruition.

If I were MSU I would file a protest.

B1G officiating is horrible, I thought it would be better but it's a joke every week.

Hopefully, Nebraska got it out of its system yesterday and will return to form to lose another close one this Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT