ADVERTISEMENT

I just e-mailed Hobbs about switching the dates for the Syracuse series.

Obviously,I'm referring to us not playing at home on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 unlike our original scheduled home game with UCLA.

Czellecz was on the field for our goal line stand at Penn State in 1988,likening it on 9/11 to his guard duty outside of the White House as he related at a TD Club meeting in 2003.

Do I have to fill in all the blanks?

Reactions: biker7766
Oh shoot. I thought this was about you two swinging and sharing wives those games. I thought THAT was obvious.

Good luck to the OP on getting a response from our pompous AD.
I too was looking for our only trip ever to the Rose Bowl. Unfortunately never gonna happen.
And you know him personally to know this about him?

Obviously,I'm referring to us not playing at home on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 unlike our original scheduled home game with UCLA.

Czellecz was on the field for our goal line stand at Penn State in 1988,likening it on 9/11 to his guard duty outside of the White House as he related at a TD Club meeting in 2003.

Do I have to fill in all the blanks?
9/11 was a national tragedy. It seems we all lost people... but so did people who are alumni of Syracuse. Who are we to tell them 9/11 is about us, not them?

Who are we to tell them 9/11 is about us, not them?
We're Rutgers..

Rutgers Alumni Lost as a Result of the 9/11 Attacks

Paul A. Acquaviva RC’94
Evan J. Baron NCAS’81
David O. Campbell RC’72, GSM’74
Alexander H. Chiang GSNB’82
John R. Cruz RC’93
Brian T. Cummins GSN’91
Gavin F. Cushny UCN’85
Michael A. Davidson LC’97
Jayceryll M. de Chavez LC’99
Michael A. Diaz-Piedra III NCAS’74
Patrick J. Driscoll GSNB’75
Judy Santillan Fernandez UCNB’97
Stephen J. Fiorelli ENG’80
Colleen L. Fraser LC’74
Jeffrey B. Gardner CC’87
Alayne Friedenreich Gentul RC’78
Barry H. Glick NCAS’63
Richard J. Guadagno CC’84
Charles H. Karczewski RC’89
Brendan Mark Lang LC’89
Ming-Hao Liu GSNB’89
James A. Martello LC’83
Brian E. Martineau NCAS’88
Michael J. McCabe UCNB’83
Virginia A. Ormiston ENG’81
Dominique L. Pandolfo RC’96
Jon A. Perconti LC’93
Donald A. Peterson GSM’67
Patrick J. Quigley RC’82
Tom B. Reinig GSM’78
Richard D. Rosenthal GSM’75
Maria Theresa Santillan NCAS’96
Scott M. Schertzer LC’97, SMLR’97
Neil G. Shastri RC’98, RBS’98
Michael C. Sorresse NCAS’89
Kristine Marie Swearson UCNB’96
Gregory K. Wachtler RC’98

I just looked it up.. Syracuse lost 30.. 36 vs 30... don't quibble over that.. don't ask them to change it.

Instead.. ask Syracuse to invite families of Rutgers fallen to participate in the remembrance... bring the band to play something special along with the Syracuse band.

Last edited:
9/11 was a national tragedy. It seems we all lost people... but so did people who are alumni of Syracuse. Who are we to tell them 9/11 is about us, not them?
By playing the game here instead of upstate NY,the tragedy could be more easily highlighted,possibly with a shot on the scoreboard of how the towers looked from the top rows of our stadium.

By playing the game here instead of upstate NY,the tragedy could be more easily highlighted,possibly with a shot on the scoreboard of how the towers looked from the top rows of our stadium.
I will quote myself from above...

I just looked it up.. Syracuse lost 30.. 36 vs 30... don't quibble over that.. don't ask them to change it.

Instead.. ask Syracuse to invite families of Rutgers fallen to participate in the remembrance... bring the band to play something special along with the Syracuse band.

Commemorate it together.. and ask Hobbs to ask the Rutgers team to win the game too.

If Hobbs couldn't figure out to schedule a home game to celebrate the 150th anniversary of The Birthplace do you really think he is going to switch a future series to make a person, who emails him, feel better?

Besides 9/11 was a national tragedy not a Rutgers tragedy.

Whether in Syracuse or Piscataway, there will be a brief moment of silence before the national anthem and that will be that. If you want more, a trip to ground zero for a museum visit and a reading of the names will be the thing to do...not go to a college football game 50 miles away.

Reactions: davidcb0030
I'm hoping to get an answer within a few days.

I even threw in the Darrin Czellecz reference about his being Dick Cheney's bodyguard on 9/11.

We'll see.

I know the OP was with good intent but you really do need context when you post and if you choose to do so in this way, don't be under the assumption that anyone has a clue as to what you are talking about.

BTW- last time I wrote Hobbs, he responded immediately and told me "he gets it". Oh wait, that wasn't him...OK, so, it was Julie that "gets it" lol

We're Rutgers..

Rutgers Alumni Lost as a Result of the 9/11 Attacks

Paul A. Acquaviva RC’94
Evan J. Baron NCAS’81
David O. Campbell RC’72, GSM’74
Alexander H. Chiang GSNB’82
John R. Cruz RC’93
Brian T. Cummins GSN’91
Gavin F. Cushny UCN’85
Michael A. Davidson LC’97
Jayceryll M. de Chavez LC’99
Michael A. Diaz-Piedra III NCAS’74
Patrick J. Driscoll GSNB’75
Judy Santillan Fernandez UCNB’97
Stephen J. Fiorelli ENG’80
Colleen L. Fraser LC’74
Jeffrey B. Gardner CC’87
Alayne Friedenreich Gentul RC’78
Barry H. Glick NCAS’63
Richard J. Guadagno CC’84
Charles H. Karczewski RC’89
Brendan Mark Lang LC’89
Ming-Hao Liu GSNB’89
James A. Martello LC’83
Brian E. Martineau NCAS’88
Michael J. McCabe UCNB’83
Virginia A. Ormiston ENG’81
Dominique L. Pandolfo RC’96
Jon A. Perconti LC’93
Donald A. Peterson GSM’67
Patrick J. Quigley RC’82
Tom B. Reinig GSM’78
Richard D. Rosenthal GSM’75
Maria Theresa Santillan NCAS’96
Scott M. Schertzer LC’97, SMLR’97
Neil G. Shastri RC’98, RBS’98
Michael C. Sorresse NCAS’89
Kristine Marie Swearson UCNB’96
Gregory K. Wachtler RC’98

Good post...BTW- it made me think even more about the OP...As I stated, it was with good intent and my first instinct may be to say to never play a game on a major anniversary of the event and how in many ways it seems to be more about us, 20 minutes away more then anywhere else in the country. But then, as pointed out, we do have to realize it is about the country, not just us. And quite honestly, ALL sports should do something special on that day to honor all of our fallen. We should not cancel games, move games or anything else. But we should honor all that were lost including our own sheltered comfort.
The real shame would be if there was not something spectacular planned on that day.

One day you will send an email to ash/Hobbs @ rutgers and you will get a message “undeliverable - not a valid email address”.
It will be glorious

Reactions: BlockR
I know the OP was with good intent but you really do need context when you post and if you choose to do so in this way, don't be under the assumption that anyone has a clue as to what you are talking about.

BTW- last time I wrote Hobbs, he responded immediately and told me "he gets it". Oh wait, that wasn't him...OK, so, it was Julie that "gets it" lol

Good post...BTW- it made me think even more about the OP...As I stated, it was with good intent and my first instinct may be to say to never play a game on a major anniversary of the event and how in many ways it seems to be more about us, 20 minutes away more then anywhere else in the country. But then, as pointed out, we do have to realize it is about the country, not just us. And quite honestly, ALL sports should do something special on that day to honor all of our fallen. We should not cancel games, move games or anything else. But we should honor all that were lost including our own sheltered comfort.
The real shame would be if there was not something spectacular planned on that day.
there are plans to possibly hold the 911 anniversary game at Giants Stadium between service academies,which if it does happen,that would be the media sports event in the area..

I know that many folks including me have sent him communications in the past and never had the courtesy of a simple response.

It’s going to a spam folder duh. He hired the worst FB coach in 150 years. Ticket sales are going to implode this year.

Would you read your email? He’s cashing those checks and looking for a soft landing spot. When he is inevitably fired in the next couple years.

Last edited:
there are plans to possibly hold the 911 anniversary game at Giants Stadium between service academies,which if it does happen,that would be the media sports event in the area..
The 2021 Army Navy game is being held at the Meadowlands. And as part of a 9/11 observance.

Reactions: MrsScrew
He always responds to me.
Yeah, with this:

mooning.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT