ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers Basketball falls to Minnesota 81-70

Not sure what I think about that half. Can we sustain this level of offense? I don't think our defense was bad but we probably need to keep them under 68 to win this one. Did not like how we finished the half with some very questionable shot selection. No fadeaways wanted from Cliff and we got bad Hyatt that half. Minnesota is good especially at home. I like their size and athleticism.

Expecting more JWill and Cliff pick and rolls and trying to slow the pace to our strength. NEED to continue going to the rim and getting fouls. We’ll see more Mag for the D and better double teams- that lacked. End of game free throws will be crucial

RU guards need to stop allowing penetration on the dribble. The BIG is stepping up & Minny Big is cutting to basket w/o the ball. JM, JW &DS you need to move your feet and beat the PG to the SPOT which will take Payne & the other dude out of the picture....at that point Cliff needs to grab boards

not calling the walks on Minnie . Hawkins and Payne at least 5 walks.
Mag sat most of the half with 2 fouls. Should help 2nd half and having Cliff with just one foul will be helpful until the refs figure it out during the half to give him 2 quick ones in the 2nd half.

not calling the walks on Minnie . Hawkins and Payne at least 5 walks.
Mag sat most of the half with 2 fouls. Should help 2nd half and having Cliff with just one foul will be helpful until the refs figure it out during the half to give him 2 quick ones in the 2nd half.
Let's hope not.

Not sure what I think about that half. Can we sustain this level of offense? I don't think our defense was bad but we probably need to keep them under 68 to win this one. Did not like how we finished the half with some very questionable shot selection. No fadeaways wanted from Cliff and we got bad Hyatt that half. Minnesota is good especially at home. I like their size and athleticism.

Yeah. I think Rutgers needs to keep them under 70 and really deny those passes into the paint

Christie is better athlete than Gavin to answer question. Give Minny credit have good players. Rather play Indiana than this team any day of week.

Place is an utter dump. My one visit was plenty.
I would like to get there for a game. Not sure how likely that is since I have never even made it the Palestra for game although I have been inside that facility.

Defense needs to step up. Hard to see us scoring 1.28 PPP again this half

Would like at least 2 more 3s to drop than the 3 we had at the half. Not sure we have that in us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT