ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers Basketball falls to Nebraska 67-56

This is a tough match up right now. You have 3 forwards, you got a big guard, all together on the court for Nebraska and then Rutgers trots out 3 guards, 2 pretty small young ones, you got a 4 in hyatt who is undersized, doesn’t get a lot of rebounds. You gotta disrupt their flow early, you gotta make some shots to get into your defense, if those don’t happen, you know you’re giving up rebounds on both ends, you’re doubling almost anything in the post, so you’re getting kicked out open 3s.

Depends on your tolerance level. He’s a big crowd shusher, and how about after the foul he peacocked his way over to the first row for fan slaps. He’s a douche, but I admit my tolerance for all that shit is low, low, low.
To me, it just looks like the young man seriously loves what he’s doing. It’s always nice to see that with any athlete or performer.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
His D is improving. Gains 15 points and will be a force.

Not as discouraged as many of you. We missed 21 threes. None of them were Simpsons. J Mike was 0-3. Narrative blown.
Hyatt 0-5 from three.
We hit a couple of threes right in this game.

Woolfolk had a great game but 1-5 from the line.

10-19 from the line and missed 21 threes.
That’s the game.
Simpson took 10 ****ing shots and made two of them and one of them was a lucky bounce that got it to go in. He didn’t get to line once assist all game.

Are you contractually bound to say Simpson plays well every game regardless of results?
Simpson was a negative offensively tonight. His shot looked worse than most of the year - even the first of the two he made was ugly. Some really bad decisions outside of shooting, too.

Davis also cold, no idea why we were giving it to him for catch and shoot threes.

They all have way higher field goal percentages than Simpson! He’s a bottom 1% shooter in all of division 1
That's why I keep bringing up different data points to drive this home. Bad is one thing. Simpson is an extreme outlier poor shooter at this point half way through his career

What are the odds this does a complete 180 next year?

We need to be projecting next season based on some sort of realistic scenario and not a hope and a prayer

There are many people who feel this way, but you might be the only one with over 50,000 posts on a sports related message board.
I have to be emotional in order to participate in discussions about sports? 🙂

Internet forums are also inconsequential entertainment. Also not worth getting emotional. Kinda like watching TV but more interactive.

I have to be emotional in order to participate in discussions about sports? 🙂

Internet forums are also inconsequential entertainment. Also not worth getting emotional. Kinda like watching TV but more interactive.
You don't have to. It just seems very unusual. It's not really a criticism.

As soon as I switch to Knicks at halftime Brunson blows out his leg
What a day, a beautiful day. WBB needs to be put to sleep as they get slapped. All the men need some top sports psychologists, as well as the staff. The list goes on.

It just seems very unusual.
I guess that may be true.

I actually had a violent temper well into my 30s. Perhaps I’ve overcompensated by becoming too calm. 🙂

Who knows. The pendulum might swing too far back the other way. This time next year, I might be raging and throwing chairs at my TV after bad calls by the refs, as we play for a Big Ten championship.

That's why I keep bringing up different data points to drive this home. Bad is one thing. Simpson is an extreme outlier poor shooter at this point half way through his career

What are the odds this does a complete 180 next year?

We need to be projecting next season based on some sort of realistic scenario and not a hope and a prayer

This is a good way of putting it. The thing is - this year’s team is full of weak shooters so the other things he does well on a relative basis tip the hat to earn him PT. But let’s be clear - to your point, he’s still one of the least efficient players on the team and by far the least efficient non-frosh (where you can attribute some to simply adjusting to game speed).

He doesn’t deserve to run the point over J Williams next season. That’s not debatable. So the issue then becomes - do we play one of the least efficient shooters in D1 at shooting guard / wing when - let’s hope beyond all there are far more efficient options? I don’t think his D is at Caleb’s level. He’s not big enough to slide 3/4 like Caleb did. AND - Caleb was far less inefficent on offense than Derek to earn that spot on teams with potentially less competition.

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT