ADVERTISEMENT

It is a done deal? BigTen Is Canceling Football Season Tuesday?

As I predicted awhile back, I think we see spring football. We should have a near cure in about a month, if engineered antibodies deliver as expected, and we should have vaccines by the end of the year, as a preventative. Those two things - IF THEY PAN OUT (can't guarantee it, since we're talking about medical science, where guaranteeing anything is foolish) - will allow spring sports to be played.

‘This
And hopefully allow Fans in the Stadium.

Reactions: Greg2020
If you practiced patent law, you would realize how wrong your statement is. I have spent years dealing with experts and opposing experts arguing about what their respective science proves or disproves. It is not different when it comes to medicine. Much of the prescription pharma/drug cartel is built on the backs of weak science to push more drugs and increase profits for pharma companies. Two examples: Cox-2 inhibitors and statins.
I don't practice any law, but that is one's opinion in terms of science. Either the science is legit or it's not. People can argue with opinions or the like but at the end of the day the science is the science.

Reactions: skindawgs
I don't practice any law, but that is one's opinion in terms of science. Either the science is legit or it's not. People can argue with opinions or the like but at the end of the day the science is the science.
I can't help you. I can only tell you my experience. As with all things, science can be manipulated through data and statistical analysis to prove different hypotheses and support different theories.
Did you start your big law job yet?

Reactions: goru1869 and RUDead
exactly Cali! Time to open up, get to herd immunity as quickly as possible, Keep those who are vulnerable isolated, begin to live life, MAGA like no tommorrow when President Trump wins reelection and cheer on the new revived scarlet knights under coach schiano!
Holy Crap- and now I remember why I ignore Cali if you are indeed echoing his thoughts.

I can't help you. I can only tell you my experience. As with all things, science can be manipulated through data and statistical analysis to prove different hypotheses and support different theories.
Did you start your big law job yet?

Yeah except people who blame demons for COVID are not talking science.

It's sad to wash the selfishness of grown men who need 18-22 year old guys to risk a lifetime heart condition for their own entertainment.

Even if you need to be a science denying idiot, having GS' re-inaugural not take place during an all B1G schedule with more time to recruit and rebuild is a no brainer for real fans...but certain folks need to hurt the program and hurt the players to further their "hoax" political views.

Reactions: Kbee3
Disputable. From the Charlotte, NC area:

"Because of the setting in which they occur, it is harder to determine if a cluster began and spread within the facility, or from the community."

We have seen too many clusters in Day Care Centers to believe this isn't getting transmitted in classroom. Now that schools are open in Georgia and some other southern states, we'll likely see more stories like this. Of the 38 public schools in Cherokee County Georgia, 8 of the school implemented quarantine procedures. We should know by next week whether the infected students passed the illness onto classmates or teachers.

Here's an update of Cherokee County schools. Thankfully, the two schools my grandchildren are enrolled in have no positive tests at this point.

In the six days that Cherokee County schools have been in session, the North Georgia district has had to direct 826 students to quarantine due to possible exposure to COVID-19, along with 42 teachers.
For example, as of Monday night, Etowah High School has 12.5% or 300 of its 2,400 student students under quarantine. Etowah became a key part of the national debate on safe returns to school after seniors posed shoulder to shoulder for a class photo on the first day back to school last week. The photo went viral.

It's sad to wash the selfishness of grown men who need 18-22 year old guys to risk a lifetime heart condition for their own entertainment.

Even if you need to be a science denying idiot, having GS' re-inaugural not take place during an all B1G schedule with more time to recruit and rebuild is a no brainer for real fans...but certain folks need to hurt the program and hurt the players to further their "hoax" political views.
What lifetime heart condition? Stop fear mongering. Nobody knows if there is a connection let alone lifelong. Agree that they shouldn't play. Been saying that for months

Reactions: RUaMoose
I have been ignoring that BrotherSkinny clown for awhile now. These clueless tools and their corrupt, lying, immoral Trump will be gone in November.

I try not to bring Trump into the equation as I do know quite a few intelligent, caring people that still believe in him and maybe that is because no one has brought a solid viable candidate to run against him. My political belief is that this country needs anyone but him in charge as he is what I see as truly evil. He brings and feeds off of hate.
But to focus any of the argument on him is to take away from real issues, so, while I just spoke my mind on him, I don't want that to take away from my own thoughts on subjects.And while most of what I post on these things are on emotion and some damn common sense, it most likely has more validity that all of these different "google" searches.

I care about people. I care about family and I care about getting rid of hate and racism.
I am seeing people post about the "herd" and getting there quickly...Dumb and selfish as Fvk...Anyone posting that is selfish and I doubt they are old or have any so called risks.just let the old and sick die.

Did someone post no teacher has gotten COVID from a classroom? I hope I misread that because if I didn't, that person is the dumbest F I have ever met.
Let the players decide...Come on man...as I said, if you told a kid in college that it will take 10 years off their life, 90% would vote to play and lose those years. Please stop this stupid talk...

Reactions: NotInRHouse
What lifetime heart condition? Stop fear mongering. Nobody knows if there is a connection let alone lifelong. Agree that they shouldn't play. Been saying that for months

I will back you up that you have been against the season in the fall for quite some time...

The unknown about lifelong conditions can obviously not be substantiated but that IS the problem.

Hahaha, after I used a quote from the very article he posted disproving his original statement.

Love destroying these chimps.
Only thing worse than disagreeing with the new religion is to actually prove their dogma false. Then you become more dangerous to them. They choose to join the new religion because they are weakminded and cannot think for themselves... but as long as they follow the dogma and push the propaganda they can count on being accepted by the other zealots.

Putin's daughter got a shot, you know if must be safe and effective. The bigger story is that even in the West we will likely have a vaccine in early October, what is the rush to cancel the fall season by these presidents? Start the season the third week in October, not brain surgery.
In NJ and NY, cases and deaths are down. But, that is mostly due to the lockdown and SD...it is actually a great argument to shut down the season.
i haven’t seen any lockdowns in NJ/NY for months. What are you talking about? Go walk the boardwalk or visit a park. Lockdowns?

LOL shouldn't we have long-term, legitimate peer-reviewed scientific studies of purported long-term effects, or is what the doctor "thinks" about 2nd hand reports he's seen now settled science?
Yes, let’s wait and let unknown virus rip through society unabated so that we can have 100% certainty before we do anything. So we can have peer reviewed studies. What an asinine view.

Only thing worse than disagreeing with the new religion is to actually prove their dogma false. Then you become more dangerous to them. They choose to join the new religion because they are weakminded and cannot think for themselves... but as long as they follow the dogma and push the propaganda they can count on being accepted by the other zealots.
"dangerous" ?????
That's hilarious.

Reactions: Greg2020 and fsg2
Yes, let’s wait and let unknown virus rip through society unabated so that we can have 100% certainty before we do anything. So we can have peer reviewed studies. What an asinine view.
What planet are you on angry boy? Nobody is letting the chicomvirus rip through society unabated. Let's have more research than a doctor's suspicions on 2nd-hand reports before shutting down more of our society.

Reactions: Caliknight
Isn't the reverse true as well?

Some football players die from playing football. It is rare, but it happens. As well as life-long injuries. Should we just stop it all?

Why is anyone allowed to drive.. anywhere? What is it now.. almost 40,000 a year? And about 4.5M injuries. How many of those risky miles driven are for entertainment or to go to sporting events?

Regular flu kills many every year.. should we just close up shop every October to March (maybe we should all migrate like birds and avoid flu seasons).

Life is Risk.
All of those things you've listed have many mitigating factors, and are much, much less destructive than COVID-19 currently is. Your argument is disingenuous for a lot of reasons, but most of all, if you take your point at face value, there are no limits to any activity, no limit to what you are willing to engage in, no limit to what you're willing to expose your kids, you're partner, your friends to.

But of course, there are. Otherwise, that would make you an anarchist. You are practically Antifa... You know, that mindset that doesn't actually have an actual membership list, but that everybody whining about masks wants to use to excuse every law enforcement excess in this country...

So I ask again: what is your limit? How many deaths are too much for you to enjoy your Saturday morning bloody Mary?

Reactions: Greg2020 and fsg2
They are not just suspicions. Initial studies indicate long term effects beyond just the heightened death rate. And your right I’m angry that I have to continue to lock down my families life because Trumpanzees can’t wear masks and socially distance like the Rest of intelligent and unselfish society. We should be way ahead of where we are If we had some semblance of leadership at the federal level.

Who remembers when the crazies said we just needed to stay in for two weeks and increase testing? They love moving goal posts. Now it's masks and zero death rates.

It's funny when they tout Euro countries who have higher death rates, like the UK. Triggered. Straight triggered. If they want to ruin and waste their own lives, that is their business.

They are not just suspicions. Initial studies indicate long term effects beyond just the heightened death rate. And your right I’m angry that I have to continue to lock down my families life because Trumpanzees can’t wear masks and socially distance like the Rest of intelligent and unselfish society. We should be way ahead of where we are If we had some semblance of leadership at the federal level.
Stop with your lame insults and foolish partisan hack opinions and maybe we can have a relatively normal discussion about these studies you reference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT