ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin sucks

REDRICH65

All Conference
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2010
Can’t believe this scumbag had the Nits score another TD with less than a minute to play while leading 52-0. Totally unsportsmanlike. These coaches must really hate each other. And we have to play the Twerps next

I hate state penn as much as the next guy...but it is called a defense...if you can’t stop them, oh well...sucks to be you.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
and he was an assistant coach with MD's coach, supposedly "friends"

didnt watch the game...

was the 2nd team in? if they can score, F it.

often times the opposing team and coaches dont even care. fans make a bigger deal about it than it needs to be

Reactions: ashokan
Disagree. These are college kids, not professionals. Franklin is a scumbag for doing that.

Call them college kids all you want. The reality is they are men. This isn't pee wee football. If you don't want them to score again STOP them from scoring. Or stop the game and embarrass the other team even more. Can't blame the PSU players for doing what they are put in to do. Remember these are players trying to move up on the depth chart.

Seems to still be a bit bitter that the head coach in waiting thing did not work out. Friedgen wanted to stay longer than anticipated. I am sure many Maryland alums wish it went differently.

I can’t believe people still think this way. College football is all about perception (or strain as we lovingly call it). If we ever have the chance to make a statement on national tv in a recruiting hotbed like the DMV, we better take it. If the first strings are in that’s bad, but if the backups are moving the ball let them get the reps

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Call them college kids all you want. The reality is they are men. This isn't pee wee football. If you don't want them to score again STOP them from scoring. Or stop the game and embarrass the other team even more. Can't blame the PSU players for doing what they are put in to do. Remember these are players trying to move up on the depth chart.

No. Call them men all you want. The reality is they are college kids.

I have the same view as some others....if the backups are in why shouldn't they get to play in normal game situations like anyone else. Doesn't it prepare them if they should get called up on in the future as opposed to continuous handoffs. If a coach wants to just run the ball that's his prerogative and if a coach wants to keep on playing as normal with his backups that's his prerogative too IMO.

didnt watch the game...

was the 2nd team in? if they can score, F it.

often times the opposing team and coaches dont even care. fans make a bigger deal about it than it needs to be
Starters were removed after the TD in the 3rd quarter.

Had only one eye on the game as it was playing in the background and I was on the computer but the two TDs on the 4th I think came on the ground and one after a Maryland TO deep in their own territory.

You kick a FG up 50 at the end of the game (Franklin has before)? - you deserve some grief.

Your 2nd and 3rd teamers score playing conservative ball? - give me a break, you can't tell those guys to lay down, they are trying to move up the depth chart.

OP Fail. Move on from your PSU obsession.

Reactions: Hotshoe and CCvNYC
I wish Ash sucked as much as Franklin. It was cool when the opposition hated our coach instead of laughing at our coach.

I can’t believe people still think this way. College football is all about perception (or strain as we lovingly call it). If we ever have the chance to make a statement on national tv in a recruiting hotbed like the DMV, we better take it. If the first strings are in that’s bad, but if the backups are moving the ball let them get the reps
Totally agree here. I would love to be in position to have our backups getting meaningful reps in games. Sabin does it, Meyer did it. Coaches at that level aren't worried about hurting feelings as much as they are about developing their players for the future and answering to their own fanbase, which means recruiting well and winning bowl games. At the upper echelons of college football, the difference between getting into the college playoff and being on the cusp--on the outside looking in--might be to what extent your team dominated teams that weren't good. Giving backups the chance to feel the pressure of a game by having actual plays called is a luxury I've wanted for some time. We haven't had the chance to develop our QBs, for instance, since we haven't been able to bring our backups into games and let them feel some of the pressure of an actual game in front of fans, perhaps on national television. When Michigan destroyed us 78-0, they did it with their third-string guys and we still couldn't stop them despite the fact that they were running the ball and we knew they were going to run the ball. Those RBs would look mighty strange if they just fell down as soon as they got to the first-down marker.

With that said, Franklin makes me sick just because he strikes me as a huge douche. He nauseates me, but for reasons other than Maryland not being able to stop PSU's backups.

Those damn Duke men, uh Duke Kids, uh students... I’m confused are we supposed to be mad at them, at the coaches, at Franklin????

PS Regardless of the score Franklin is an ass

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT