ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling LIVE - Rutgers vs. Maryland Updates

Donner gets in on a shot, but Cochran scrambles and exposes Donner's back for a danger count. He gets another two, and then the RT point to follow to win 4-0.

18-6 Rutgers

Joe Grello is back in action to take on Phil Spadafora, in what is the marquee match of the night.

Grello counter's a Spadafora single attempt into a score of his own. 2-0 Grello with a minute left in the first period.

The period ends on the feet. Grello holds a 2-1 lead, and will start the second period on bottom

Grello is out after 50 seconds on bottom, and extends his lead to 3-1. 1:00 left in the second

Period ends on the feet, keeping the score at 3-1. Spadafora will start the final period on bottom.

Reactions: leftoright
Grello cuts Spadafora, narrowing his lead to one. 1:30 left in the match

Spadafora gets in deep on a leg, but Grello does a hell of a job fighting it off. They go out of bounds. 15 seconds left

Janzer makes several shot attempts, but is unable to do anything. The first period ends scoreless.

Janzer starts the second on bottom

Janzer gets a take on the edge to extend his lead to 3-0. 55 seconds left in the first period

Jasenski escapes, but Janzer explodes through a double. The period ends with Janzer on top. He leads 5-1 heading into the third. Jasenski chooses defense

Janzer rides out the period, and earns a 7-2 victory. I know I've said this before, but this kid is so fun to watch

Reactions: rubaseball78
Jordan Pagano will take on Jaron Smith at 197 match, in what should be another exciting match

Reactions: gogs7
Smith with a quick first period fall over Pagano. Rutgers leads 24-12 heading into the big boys

Colucci gets to a snatch single and takes Robinson down to jump to a 2-0 lead

Colucci attempts a tilt, but it results in a Robinson escape. The period ends 2-1 Colucci.

He will start the second period on bottom

Colucci gets another another takedown, looking very offensive tonight. He leads 5-1 with 40 seconds left in the second period.

A second stall warning for Robinson gives Colucci another point. The period ends with Colucci on top. He has 2:02 of RT, and leads 6-1. Robinson chooses defense for the final period on the night.

Colucci cuts Robinson and hits a quick take down right away. He cuts Robinson again, and now leads 8-3 with a minute left

Colucci with another take, and he cuts Robinson once again. 10-4 Colucci

Colucci adds one more takedown, and rides out the match. With the RT point, he earns a 13-4 major decision.

Rutgers wins the dual 28-12

Great job by Aguilar, Angelo, Janzer and Colucci. Aragona clearly hobbled and pulled out a win. If healthy, he wins that by a wider margin. Alvarez won but I'd like to see more O. MVB and Pagano looked bad. Grello looked like Grello...little offense. Donner looked like Donner.

Great job by Aguilar, Angelo, Janzer and Colucci. Aragona clearly hobbled and pulled out a win. If healthy, he wins that by a wider margin. Alvarez won but I'd like to see more O. MVB and Pagano looked bad. Grello looked like Grello...little offense. Donner looked like Donner.
Pretty much spot on.

Reactions: Leonard23
great job lex...thank you...............did pagano wrestle a ranked kid?
or did he get caught.....still a good job. in our first big 10 match...this is a really young team
the future looks bright.

What happened with Pagano??

MVB's performance YTD has been very concerning as well.

What happened with Pagano??

MVB's performance YTD has been very concerning as well.
Got caught underneath in bad position and Smith basically muscled him from the front to his back and pinned him. Not exactly sure of name of move

great job lex...thank you...............did pagano wrestle a ranked kid?
or did he get caught.....still a good job. in our first big 10 match...this is a really young team
the future looks bright.
Thought team looked a little flat. Unless Turley is injured don’t understand why Donner wrestled over him. Already burned the RS and no match for 3-4 weeks. Let the kid learn

Typical Van Brill. 1 or 2 bright spots in match but ultimately loses. Is what he is. A .500 wrestler. Certainly not his brother

Unfortunately this is what I figured I would hear. It’s a shame, because a loss like this, come postseason really could hurt his seating and it’s a match he probably should’ve won.

Thought team looked a little flat. Unless Turley is injured don’t understand why Donner wrestled over him. Already burned the RS and no match for 3-4 weeks. Let the kid learn

According to Coach Goodale during post match press conference...Turley needs to learn how to manage his weight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT