ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Nathan

RUSCFORMERLYRULOU

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2017
Mentioned as a “situational sub” in Carino’s article this morning. Is he ready to take on any kind of minutes in the Big Ten? My guess is he gets time if our bigs get into foul trouble, but my hope is that he can at least provide a little defense/rebounding.

Reactions: zebnatto
He is technically the 4th big man and has now been in the system for his 3rd year and cycle. If we played Jake Dadika and Joey Downes in blowouts in wins or losses, I can see Nathan finding minutes in more than a handful of games.

He has fairly good fundamentals but just isn't a true B1G caliber rotation player, game in and game out. I do think by this time next year, Nathan would be capable of being a 8 to 15 minute a game player and if he was at Columbia, Colgate, Bucknell, Boston University type of program, he would be a 10 and 7 type of player in his junior and senior seasons. He is a RS Sophomore which buys him the next 3 years.

Reactions: hiwater
If we're playing Nathan meaningful minutes this year, something went awry. At best, he is an "emergency" 4/5 if our bigs get into foul trouble in a game where we can't play "small ball."

Reactions: RUChoppin and kcg88
Unless someone has been to a bunch of practices, I don’t see how you can evaluate what LN is or isn’t capable of.

I haven't been to any Penn State practices but I can tell you with a high degree of certainty that Grant Hazle, Taylor Nussbaum, and Patrick Kelly will not play any meaningful minutes for them.

I haven't been to any Penn State practices but I can tell you with a high degree of certainty that Grant Hazle, Taylor Nussbaum, and Patrick Kelly will not play any meaningful minutes for them.

I guess then this applies to al walk-ons

Give the kid the credit he deserves. He may not play, but he has worked hard enough to be on a D1 roster. He is supportive of players and deserves respect.

Of course he probably won't play too many minutes. Still, very talented player.

Go Nathan!

For a kid who played so few minutes for us, he did well while he was in there. Certainly capable of holding down a spot to spell a big that needs a blow or is in foul trouble. Can give us some decent D (moves his feet), some rebounds, and if I recall he was a decent passer.

He does seem a little bigger this year..... Maybe eats up a couple mins when guys are in foul trouble.

I think there will be conference games where he might need to give us a few minutes. Johnson, Carter and Doucoure foul way too much.

I'm not saying Luke Nathan will or will not do something....but, college basketball does have walk-ons that do play. He has been here 3 years so he could be one of them. No one knows, especially fans on a.measage board that have not seen how he looks in practice against the other players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT