ADVERTISEMENT

March MatNess is ON ! NCAA Wrestling Tourney Thread :

That's a little harsh & not accurate. In 2014, an unranked Perrotti beat #6 & #8 to AA. Upsets happen. Did you wrestle? At a high level?
The draw may be better but he beat him 7-0 two weeks ago.

In a medal rd wrestleback... I tend to discount those sometimes as I don't think those are a true barometer of both wrestlers at their best...

Our guys seem to get upset in tournaments, but we never upset anyone. Referring to jvb loss.

don't get too caught up in the "upsets"... there's not a lot of separation between most of these wrestlers!! Yes JVB beat him twice.. First one was a hail mary flying cement...2nd was in a wrestleback match...these 2 are pretty even and while in the technical terms it is an upset.. Theres 100 scenarios of how a match between those 2 can play out

Agree, just sucks to see. That's all.

184 | No. 3 Sammy Brooks (IOWA) defeats Nicholas Gravina, 7-3. Gravina to the wrestlebacks.

Tough start. I thought we would go 3-4. Looks like 2-5. Wrestle backs are the key though.

Correnti trails 4-2 plus RT after 1
Abro I need mats. And to everyone as soon as you find out what mat we're on please post. Makes it much easier to know where to go on espn watch. Thank You

Match is on mat 6

Abro I need mats. And to everyone as soon as you find out what mat we're on please post. Makes it much easier to know where to go on espn watch. Thank You

Match is on mat 6

Correnti loses 11-3. Session 1 over for RU. 2 wins. 5 losses.
Next round tonight. I'll post mats too.

Reactions: koleszar
IMO , other than JVB being upset, the round went pretty much as expected. Even though Pagano beat Preicsh at the NWCA duals, I don't think anyone really expected him to beat Presch, a 6 seed , again. Was hoping for bonus from AA, but as long as he keeps advancing , you can 't complain.
I'm guessing RU will finish the tourney around #25.

I am little disappointed. I thought JVB and Pagano would win. I know every match is hard, but I thought at least one of our guys would pull out an unexpected win.

Abro I need mats. And to everyone as soon as you find out what mat we're on please post.
I find mats by watching any of the ESPN feeds. They scroll all current and upcoming matches, with mat numbers, across the top.

Gulibon is on fire. I'm rooting for him to beat Kolodzik in the next round and make it easier for Ash to make it to semi's.

Thanks the Twitter account is very helpful. Flipping around between this and bball and hard to find the right mat and when they are up otherwise
Track wrestling has a great dashboard. Shows "game tracker" like scores on all 8 mats plus who is on deck on each mat.

Reactions: Leonard23
I would suggest checking TrackWrestling if you need the mat assignments. Go into the bracket and click the match number. It refreshes every 2 minutes and searches for you.
I don't need TrackWrestling I have TrackAbro1975 he's on the ball when it comes to this stuff. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I'm computer illiterate, my wife had to help me find espnwatch and you guys think I know how to use tweeter. LOL

I don't need TrackWrestling I have TrackAbro1975 he's on the ball when it comes to this stuff. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I'm computer illiterate, my wife had to help me find espnwatch and you guys think I know how to use tweeter. LOL

Happy to be of help, kolezar !

This evening, Session 2, 7pm:

133- Scott DelVecchio vs Rico Montoya, UNCO, 18-13 Consy
141- #5 Anthony Ashnault vs #12 Luke Pletchr, OSU Winners
149- #15 Ken Theobold vs #2 Anthony Collica, OKS Winners
157- #13 John Van Brill vs Ryan Mosley, GW, Consy
174- Ryan Pagano vs Austin Dewey, BSU, Consy
184- Nick Gravina vs Zach Nevills, Stanford Consy
197- Matt Correnti vs R Robertson , Wisc, Consy

All in all it was a bit disappointing and we have to get it going tonight. I thought that Del, Nick and Correnti wrestled well against killer seeded opponents. JVB and Jordan disappointed as both opponents wanted revenge big time and got it. I thought Ash just chilled on bottom the third period. Theo looked good. On to tonight.

Abro
Correction in that Correnti in consolations gets Omdorf first in pigtails and if he wins he gets Robertson again. They have split this year

Reactions: Abro1975
Gulibon is on fire. I'm rooting for him to beat Kolodzik in the next round and make it easier for Ash to make it to semi's.

I believe Gasca was injured at the Big 10 tournament. He wasn't himself today. I'm rooting for Gulibon to beat Kolodzik too. I think it'll really improve Ashnault's chance to make the semi finals.

I believe Gasca was injured at the Big 10 tournament. He wasn't himself today. I'm rooting for Gulibon to beat Kolodzik too. I think it'll really improve Ashnault's chance to make the semi finals.

If you ask AA I'm sure he'll be rooting for Kolo

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Be careful what you wish for and nothing is easy at this level.
Yeah yeah nothing is ez: try telling that to zain, nolf, and Snyder.

Hoping gullibon beats kolo as this is a better matchup and confidence match for Ash. Either way, I think Ash will win his quarters but kolo will be the tougher out.

What I'm REALLY hoping for is that Heil goes down before he runs into Ash. Heil got a small scare in his first match and I think there is a 10% chance he might get upset before hitting Ash. Not counting on this though so Ash gotta wrestle possessed to beat Heil on his revenge tour.

Penn State 16.0
2. Oklahoma State 15.0
3. Ohio State 14.0
4. Iowa 12.0
4. Lehigh 12.0
4. Missouri 12.0
7. Minnesota 11.0
8. Cornell 10.5
9. Virginia Tech 10.0
10. Nebraska 9.5
11. Illinois 9.0
12. Central Michigan 8.0
12. Edinboro 8.0
12. Northern Iowa 8.0
15. Arizona State 7.0
15. NC State 7.0
17. Oregon State 6.0
17. Rider 6.0
19. Northern Illinois 5.0
19. Wisconsin 5.0
21. Michigan 4.5
21. Southern Illinois Edwardsville 4.5
21. Virginia 4.5
24. Buffalo 4.0
24. Old Dominion 4.0
24. Pittsburgh 4.0
24. Stanford 4.0
24. Wyoming 4.0
29. Navy 3.0
29. North Dakota State University 3.0
29. Princeton 3.0
29. South Dakota State 3.0
33. American 2.0
33. Appalachian State 2.0
33. Bucknell 2.0
33. Eastern Michigan 2.0
33. Indiana 2.0
33. Maryland 2.0
33. North Carolina 2.0
33. Pennsylvania 2.0
33. Rutgers 2.0

The Road to AA

Win your first 3 matches you are an AA (semi-finalist top 6 guaranteed)

Win 1st two matches then loss, need to win 1 in wrestle backs

Win 1st match then loss, need to win 3 in wrestle backs

Loss 1st match, need to win 4 in wrestle backs.
2 need 2 more wins ...
5 still alive ... chance to get hot ...
Come on Ash, win that title ...

197- Correnti trails mid 1st 2-0, and he is injured and in pain. May not be able to continue

WatchESPN isn't working for me now on any device (phone, laptops, ipad) :mad:

Looks like Correnti hurt his shoulder.....not sure he will be able to compete well the rest of match...down 5-0 after 1

This is the perfect example why cutting the cord or streaming only options are still miserably unreliable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT