ADVERTISEMENT

Mets, Jets, Giants, Rutgers, Devils, Knicks, Nets

RutgersSam

All American
Nov 6, 2004
How could 1 area have this many absolutely miserable teams? The management and leadership is abysmally deficient.. that's the bottom line and commonality. That being said, I like Hobbs. Let's hope he can right our ship.

The saddest part is Rutgers could have capitalized on these Pro teams having bad years. They could have thrust into the spotlight with good seasons yet have failed miserably.

I wonder if the OP is actual sports fan. Look at the number of championships the NY area has celebrated. Compare to other cities and get back to me.

How could 1 area have this many absolutely miserable teams? The management and leadership is abysmally deficient.. that's the bottom line and commonality. That being said, I like Hobbs. Let's hope he can right our ship.
In order of sucking, from least to most in the NY/NJ area:
Yanks
Giants
Rangers/Devils - tie - Devils had good success for a while, but their future post-Lou/Marty looks bleak
Islanders
Mets
Knicks
Jets
Rutgers

Yanks
Giants
Rangers/Devils - tie - Devils had good success for a while, but their future post-Lou/Marty looks bleak
Islanders
Mets
Knicks
Jets
Rutgers
What's wrong with RU you forget, Schiano beat Buffalo (3rd try) and Villanova 2nd try. And possible would have
beaten N.H. if we were not afraid of scheduling them again.
Seriously thank God for my Yankees.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Yanks
Giants
Islanders
Mets
Knicks
Jets
Rutgers[/QUOte
Actually the Knicks had good teams in the late 60's most of the 70's 80's and 90's let's put them
ahead of the Mets.

So many pro teams is why college teams are not primary in the region.

Yankees, Mets, Giants, and Jets are the big 4. Even when playing poorly their fans are devoted to them over college football.

Rutgers has almost no window with no pro sports. baseball regular season finishes at the end of September while the NHL starts the 1st week of October.

For October Rutgers football competes with the local NHL teams and then Nov 1st starts the NBA. Also, come November you have college basketball that allows the non-FBS schools to take some fans from Rutgers when SHU, Nova, St Johns, and other local teams start to play on Saturdays.

What's wrong with RU you forget, Schiano beat Buffalo (3rd try) and Villanova 2nd try. And possible would have
I feel the same way! As an RU fan, it should be mandatory to root for the Yanks, to provide balance. :)

Rutgers beat Buffalo in Schiano's first game as head coach.

I am very optimistic about Rutgers basketball going forward. Recruiting and coaching are going well.

Reactions: LocalDC

Whoa whoa whoa - don't leave out Philly. New Brunswick is just as near to those losers.

Sixers, Flyers, Eagles, Phillies.

Sixers - SMH
Flyers - 40 years...
Eagles - ZERO super bowls
Phillies - first professional franchise in the history of well, history, to lose 10 THOUSAND games as a franchise.

NYC has nothing on shitty Philly teams.

After another disappointing Rutgers football season I have those four losers to look forward too.

Reactions: WhiteBus

How on earth could you include the Giants with that group?

Whoa whoa whoa - don't leave out Philly. New Brunswick is just as near to those losers.

NYC has nothing on shitty Philly teams.

After another disappointing Rutgers football season I have those four losers to look forward too.
[thumb2]

Reactions: RUScrew85
I feel the same way! As an RU fan, it should be mandatory to root for the Yanks, to provide balance. :)

So true, the two really do balance each other out. Although when the Yankees are bad, it's most definitely gonna be a rough fall.

I really feel sorry for Mets/RU fans ... so much suck.

So true, the two really do balance each other out. Although when the Yankees are bad, it's most definitely gonna be a rough fall.

I really feel sorry for Mets/RU fans ... so much suck.
Even when the Yanks are bad they are not like those other teams. For instance people say the 1980's yankee teams were
bad because they won no world series in the 1980s. But guess what team, won the most games in all of
baseball in the 80s? That's right, The Yanks. EVen when they are bad they are good.

Rutgers beat Buffalo in Schiano's first game as head coach.
Yes, my mistake Shea beat them the year before 59-0, Gary came in and had a rough game beating them, then the next year
lost to them, Then for 3 years Buffalo had 3 straight 1 win seasons. . and RU beat them twice.

Speaking of "Thanking God for" teams, the last time Rutgers was this bad...

The Cowboys were winning Super Bowls. Now, I don't think they have the pass rush to stop Aaron Rodgers but I am hoping for the best.

BTW, I am also a Mets and Devils fan. I also have no real basketball team since the Nets moved to Brooklyn (although the Lakers are getting close). How did they do again this year?

Speaking of "Thanking God for" teams, the last time Rutgers was this bad...

The Cowboys were winning Super Bowls. Now, I don't think they have the pass rush to stop Aaron Rodgers but I am hoping for the best.

BTW, I am also a Mets and Devils fan. I also have no real basketball team since the Nets moved to Brooklyn (although the Lakers are getting close). How did they do again this year?

Get in on the ground floor of the Philadelphia 76ers! [sick]

Reactions: RUinPAC10land
Yanks
Giants
Islanders
Mets
Knicks
Jets
Rutgers
Yanks
Giants
Islanders
Mets
Knicks
Jets
Rutgers
No f'n way the devils and rangers are tied. Sure the rangers had a few good runs recently, but 1 cup in 75 years?

So many pro teams is why college teams are not primary in the region.

Yankees, Mets, Giants, and Jets are the big 4. Even when playing poorly their fans are devoted to them over college football.

Rutgers has almost no window with no pro sports. baseball regular season finishes at the end of September while the NHL starts the 1st week of October.

For October Rutgers football competes with the local NHL teams and then Nov 1st starts the NBA. Also, come November you have college basketball that allows the non-FBS schools to take some fans from Rutgers when SHU, Nova, St Johns, and other local teams start to play on Saturdays.
Blah blah blah. Win and the fans will show up. Ohio have a bunch of pro teams but the fan show up 100k + every week for OSU.

Yes, my mistake Shea beat them the year before 59-0, Gary came in and had a rough game beating them, then the next year
lost to them, Then for 3 years Buffalo had 3 straight 1 win seasons. . and RU beat them twice.

They were up 20-0 at halftime and coasted to a win.. Wouldn't call it rough but I get your point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT