ADVERTISEMENT

Mirabelli Advances to Nationals

Brown did not compete in either the Big Ten or NCAA regional meet.
I am just guessing there is some sort of injury.

The live results did not show the round by round results. It is possible that Mirabelli had a throw long enough to qualify and did not throw again.
Best I can tell there was no final per se- just the top 12 qualify for the Nationals. Mirabelli was in the third and final group so he would know for certain if his result would be be good enough.
It also looks like the running event had preliminary heats and quarter finals with no final race- again with top finishers qualifying.

The live results did not show the round by round results. It is possible that Mirabelli had a throw long enough to qualify and did not throw again.
Best I can tell there was no final per se- just the top 12 qualify for the Nationals. Mirabelli was in the third and final group so he would know for certain if his result would be be good enough.
It also looks like the running event had preliminary heats and quarter finals with no final race- again with top finishers qualifying.

Correct, the semi's and finals are the actual NCAA championships. The regionals is just a way of weeding down the competitors so they dont have to ship as many kids to Eugene.

You could be right about Mirabelli, no sense in throwing if you made the finals anyway as its not really a championship event.

I fear we'll never see Brown in a championship meet given his injuries. Unfortunate Mirabelli is the only qualifier for nationals. Really thought we could get 4 through with Brown, Mirabelli, Carr and Eze in the jumps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT