ADVERTISEMENT

More bad news for UConn

Good. UConn admin a bunch of scum for not just paying the guy. You have him the contract, he didn’t win like you wanted him too, so pay the man to go away. Not a big deal. A mistake was made pay for it. Simple as that

Uconn isn't the only school having financial difficulties .The NJ newspapers continue to report Rutgers shortcomings.Big time college athletics requires a enormous investment for facilities and coaches salaries.

Uconn isn't the only school having financial difficulties .The NJ newspapers continue to report Rutgers shortcomings.Big time college athletics requires a enormous investment for facilities and coaches salaries.
And this is before NIL

$11 million dollars is also how much revenue UConn football will bring in over the next 15, no make that 20, years lol. Couldn’t happen to a more disgusting bunch of football fans.

I would gladly have pike win a national title and we have to fire him and pay $11 million

some on the Iowa corn sucker board think uconn would be a better fit in the BIG then RU 😬

Why does a thread about Uconn turn into a "well Rutgers sucks too" thread within 3 posts on a Rutgers board?

I mean, no offense RUJMM78, but you suck too. Rutgers fans are a funny bunch. And I'm using the term Rutgers fans very loosely for some posters on this board.

Why does a thread about Uconn turn into a "well Rutgers sucks too" thread within 3 posts on a Rutgers board?

I mean, no offense RUJMM78, but you suck too. Rutgers fans are a funny bunch. And I'm using the term Rutgers fans very loosely for some posters on this board.
It makes you wonder how you have our school that will soon be swimming in revenue we couldn’t have dreamed of back in the Atlantic Ten/Big East days and another school that will be drowning in red ink forever with a Division 1-A football program that is one in name only, and yet somehow some people try to put us on the same level.

Rutgers and the Big Ten are about to bring in a tsunami of revenue with the new TV deals.
Is this the year when RU finally gets its full share of the B1G pie? We could certainly use it, after all of the lost revenue due to the pandemic.

2026. And yes, our next tv rights deal is going to be eye popping.
Cali, you likely know a TON more about this stuff than me, but if Fox/BTN are willing to share rights, we could be looking at CBS, Apple Sports, Facebook, and Amazon interested in the Big Ten, right?

Record deficit but Hobbs gives away $5 million! Why?
Because most accountants can make numbers say anything. It's all about what is considered athletic expenses and what isn't. I remember hearing that applicants skyrocketed during Greg's first run. More applicants and a school cam be more selective. A good program is an investment that shows dividends in unexpected ways.

Good. UConn admin a bunch of scum for not just paying the guy. You have him the contract, he didn’t win like you wanted him too, so pay the man to go away. Not a big deal. A mistake was made pay for it. Simple as that
It's the cost of d1 sports. They did it with flood and ash. Fire him pay the man his money and spend more to find another. Bad coaches are overpaid but you could say Saban is underpaid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT