ADVERTISEMENT

More Kudos: The Field

RU4Real

Legend
Jul 25, 2001
Reading through the post-game thread about the game thread I just realized something.

We got monfukkinsooned on Saturday afternoon. The people who were actually in the lots know what went down. And we've seen the videos of the outfield at Yankee Stadium completely under water.

At no point during our game did I note the field to be wet. It drained spectacularly.

I had dinner last night with a long-time friend from Sayreville who is a civil engineer and owns an engineering consulting firm specializing in water management. We were talking about how drainage systems are designed for playing fields. The guys who did the work at SHI definitely get props.

Reading through the post-game thread about the game thread I just realized something.

We got monfukkinsooned on Saturday afternoon. The people who were actually in the lots know what went down. And we've seen the videos of the outfield at Yankee Stadium completely under water.

At no point during our game did I note the field to be wet. It drained spectacularly.

I had dinner last night with a long-time friend from Sayreville who is a civil engineer and owns an engineering consulting firm specializing in water management. We were talking about how drainage systems are designed for playing fields. The guys who did the work at SHI definitely get props.
Good observation
I sat through.the entire game and didn't think about the playing surface once
Now, if it were the Pinstripe bowl in NY, a different story

Good observation
I sat through.the entire game and didn't think about the playing surface once
Now, if it were the Pinstripe bowl in NY, a different story

The aforementioned friend was actually at the Yankee game on Saturday. He said that when the rain stopped the grounds crew was going around the outfield with spades, popping holes in the turf so that the field would drain.

In comparison to this gem from back in the day lol

The Yellow lot was completely dry by 630. We were 3rd row and we even commented about it at our tailgate that it was like it never rained. I would expect a field turf field to drain much faster. Not surprised we had no issues.

Is the turf brand new, or just spruced up? The logos look sharp.

The field looked fine but those rubber tire pieces always bleed through and dim the brightness of the painted 'R' midfield
I was told the night games will make a new field like this look better.

The day of the Northwestern game the greens didn’t look as green and the reds didn’t look too red either.

But Saturday night they both popped with color IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT