ADVERTISEMENT

Morgan St Marching Band

Jimfromyork

Redshirt
Sep 9, 2017
Hello all,

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that at halftime on Saturday if Morgan State's band is there, do yourselves a favor and watch their halftime show. Years back I remember seeing them and they were simply spectacular, high stepping the whole time.

People in Baltimore go to Morgan St games just to see the band, not an exaggeration. Hope they make the trip for you guys to enjoy this year!

Hello all,

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that at halftime on Saturday if Morgan State's band is there, do yourselves a favor and watch their halftime show. Years back I remember seeing them and they were simply spectacular, high stepping the whole time.

People in Baltimore go to Morgan St games just to see the band, not an exaggeration. Hope they make the trip for you guys to enjoy this year!
Speaking of bands...
our band pulled out flag strips and had them in between rows of band rows. Getting ready for military weekend? Should be a new half time show also.
Question: I know this was discussed in another thread, but during the pregame, couldn't the band play the opposing team's song to the visitors and the alma mater facing the Home stands?

Reactions: RU22
Speaking of bands...
our band pulled out flag strips and had them in between rows of band rows. Getting ready for military weekend? Should be a new half time show also.
Question: I know this was discussed in another thread, but during the pregame, couldn't the band play the opposing team's song to the visitors and the alma mater facing the Home stands?
I don't know why but that's how most schools do it. At psu the blue band always faces the home sideline when playing the other teams alma mater, kinda one of those things where it is what it is

Speaking of bands...
FB_IMG_1505251625431_zps2rvqz6gs.jpg

Reactions: ScarletDave
Speaking of bands...
Question: I know this was discussed in another thread, but during the pregame, couldn't the band play the opposing team's song to the visitors and the alma mater facing the Home stands?[/QUOT

Loved that they played the alma mater before the game but when they play facing the home stands no one else in the stadium hears the band. They are playing to less than 1/2 those attending the game.

I tried to google to see if the Morgan State band is coming with no results..... Anyone have any info? Do they usually travel to away games?

I tried to google to see if the Morgan State band is coming with no results..... Anyone have any info? Do they usually travel to away games?

Well I mean if your going to be at the game that will probably reveal itself. Haha. I don't know if any websites or anything but typically away bands travel 1 game a year. I wouldn't be surprised to see it be Rutgers for Morgan state since you are their only P5 opponent. (The team is awful btw, you should win by 40+)

I'm not exaggerating when I say there is not a more entertaining band I have ever seen in college football (I've attended over 100 games in my life)

I'm hoping they come - The Morgan State band is why I picked this as the only home game I can attend this season (except for Maryland, which isn't exactly home)

Reactions: Jimfromyork
I went to their web site as well, no performance calendar posted

My kid's football game got rescheduled from 11:30 to 9am so now we can attend the RU game.
Hopefully the MSU band shows up.

***I was offered free tickets by over 5 people already this week, even 50 yard line lower level (I took seats behind the RU bench in the first few rows by the 35 though so we can yell positive comments/cheers towards the players).

Just got a call back from the Morgan State athletic office.....

The Marching Band is coming!!!

Reactions: Jimfromyork

I'm sorry, but when you say "home" and "visitor's" stands, what does this mean? Aren't all of the stands "home" stands?

Well, the band situation wasn't good... I went and called the Morgan State Athletic office before the game to make sure they were coming and they didn't even get to play? Anyone find out what happened????

Lol. Read the 5 page thread about how HPSS is classless. More questions than answers.

I've read the long threads about the situation.

I'm looking for answers! Are there any besides speculation? When did they find out they weren't going to perform? I actually feel bad for all the band members that traveled, sat in the nose-bleed section with no shade in those hot uniforms, watched their team lose 65-0, and didn't even get to perform. Maybe somebody who gets to speak with Hobbs can get an answer? I'm surprised the negative news hasn't written about it.....

Reactions: RM60
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT