ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska: 6 Seniors, all transfers

BillyC80

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
I didn't realize that all 6 seniors for Nebraska are transfers, including 1 Juco and 5 from other D1 programs (Louisville, Miami, Georgetown, FAU and Winthrop).

Seems to be paying dividends with them in 4th place at 10-4 in the B1G.

Wouldn't mind that for 1 year during a rebuild.

Reactions: Local Shill
We're a bubble team if the Martin twins from NC State had picked us over Nevada.

Thinking of the impact CJ made last year, and wondering what would have happened if we had 3 CJs, much less four or five.

I didn't realize that all 6 seniors for Nebraska are transfers, including 1 Juco and 5 from other D1 programs (Louisville, Miami, Georgetown, FAU and Winthrop).

Seems to be paying dividends with them in 4th place at 10-4 in the B1G.

Wouldn't mind that for 1 year during a rebuild.

There are only 4 Seniors. Okeke grad transfer, Gill-Louisville, Taylor-Juco, and Laws-FAU.

Laws doesn't play and Okeke only plays if in bad foul trouble or game is out of reach. He is a warm body. Taylor and Gill play a lot.

Palmer and Copeland are Jrs. but they are transfers(Miami and Georgetown.

Reactions: BillyC80
Husker, thanks for the clarification, but it's still valid that 6 are seniors or better by grade, no? (Plus your roster list on Rivals shows them all as seniors.)

Okeke is the all-time career leader in blocked shots at Winthrop, and was 6th nationally in blocks last year, so he's only a warm body in the sense that your other transfers are eating up minutes.

Lastly, my post was in envy of Nebraska's transfers who are seniors, it was not meant to be a knock.

Last edited:
Husker, thanks for the clarification, but it's still valid that 6 are seniors or better by grade, no? (Plus your roster list on Rivals shows them all as seniors.)

Okeke is the all-time career leader in blocked shots at Winthrop, and was 6th nationally in blocks last year, so he's only a warm body in the sense that your other transfers are eating up minutes.

Lastly, my post was in envy of Nebraska's transfers who are seniors, it was not meant to be a knock.

I certainly did not take it as a knock.

I think they all would be seniors by grade except Copeland.

Okeke has to be the worst offensive basketball player(other than me) in the history of D-1 hoops. He has more fouls than points on the year despite NU trying to use him more earlier in the year. He fouled out of a OOC game in less than 3:00 of playing time once this year. He is a physical specimen but is not a good player.

The 2 players in front of Okeke are not transfers. They came to NU out of high school. Roby and Tshimanga.

Reactions: BillyC80
Fair enough Husker. Btw, the way Palmer is playing I wonder if you'll still have him after this year.

Reactions: huskersalways
Fair enough Husker. Btw, the way Palmer is playing I wonder if you'll still have him after this year.

So far he is saying he is staying because he struggles going left and to work on his outside shooting. We shall see.

Beating this Maryland team, when they're away from home, is not that impressive.

Having said that, Palmer was terrific tonight

Reactions: huskersalways
Beating this Maryland team, when they're away from home, is not that impressive.

Having said that, Palmer was terrific tonight

Even though this is one of our worst years in memory, Maryland played very well tonight, and Nebraska was just better. I thought the crowd was great and Miles did a great job coaching.

Even though this is one of our worst years in memory, Maryland played very well tonight, and Nebraska was just better. I thought the crowd was great and Miles did a great job coaching.
Nebraska was terrific

That was a nice win for Nebraska.

PSU looked great against Illinois.

Would love for both to get some bracket love. I know it’s PSU but I don’t have any hatred for PSU hoops. A10 battles were fun.

That was a nice win for Nebraska.

PSU looked great against Illinois.

Would love for both to get some bracket love. I know it’s PSU but I don’t have any hatred for PSU hoops. A10 battles were fun.

Penn State has horrific resume numbers...any and all NCAA discussion begins and could end with their game vs Ohio State this week

We need to grab 2 grad transfers this off-season. Ideally a shooter and a 3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT