ADVERTISEMENT

New Flood email news

I'm hopeful that this is an "Out the Rat" mission by Julie.
My Dad was an executive at a large corporation. When I was a kid, he told me that he would have to go "Rat hunting" sometimes. He'd make up three different BS stories, and tell them to three different Rat suspects. Told them not to tell a soul. When he heard one of the stories being repeated around the office, he knew who the Rat was.

My Dad was an executive at a large corporation. When I was a kid, he told me that he would have to go "Rat hunting" sometimes. He'd make up three different BS stories, and tell them to three different Rat suspects. Told them not to tell a soul. When he heard one of the stories being repeated around the office, he knew who the Rat was.
the_godfather_part_2_4_pacino.jpg

Reactions: Rokodesh
If Nadir missed a Broadway show and an exam was based on that show I just wish he would have answered every question with "they attempted, but for the intermission, to address their differences and difficulties through song'

That would pretty much cover everything.

Found this audio comment/reason from Nadir:

"After learning just 90 mins before showtime that an understudy for the 2nd line dancer (3rd from the end) would be filling in for Vina Verovenoff) for this Wed Matinee performance, I was so devastated, I jumped off the train at the next station and headed back to campus and received counseling, which helped me get over this misery"

"please ask (Barnwell) to stop badgering me.'' Do professors talk like that today? If Barnwell was a pretty girl who was upset and crying I doubt if the professor would tell her to stop badgering him.

Reactions: ruready07

Hah! HUMINT tradecraft 101. Release variations of single slice of intel to your suspects, with a slight but sticky variation for each. Gets 'em all the time.

"please ask (Barnwell) to stop badgering me.'' Do professors talk like that today? If Barnwell was a pretty girl who was upset and crying I doubt if the professor would tell her to stop badgering him.

The alleged information gleaned by nj.com from alleged "university officials" is bullshit.

As I said before - Barnwell's eligibility did not hinge on one summer course. The allegation that Flood was "trying to circumvent the process to keep the kid eligible" is a fabrication.

At this point, I'm not sure what the motivation is, here. It seems unlikely that nj.com is on a campaign to sink Kyle Flood all on its own. It seems more likely that some self-important swinging dick on the periphery of the athletic department is trying to play "House of Cards" and the media, instead of genuinely trying to investigate, is simply playing the role of Useful Idiot.

And of course, as regards guys like Sargeant and Politi, "Useful" is a promotion among the Idiot ranks.

Reactions: Abro1975
The leak is a disgruntled employee who is upset they didn't get a job at the AD. read the other report for more info. They are just making sh!t up at this point.

Just use common sense folks.

We really don't know much at this point.

We know that our dear friends at the Ledger found out that Rutgers was looking into an email Flood sent to a professor regarding a student's grade.

We know that ESPN looked into the allegation and determined it wasn't worth covering (one article saying it was a minor infraction and that the information fed to the Ledger was coming from a disgruntled employee... and then nothing at all).

We know that national/regional news outlets have determined there aren't enough facts (or that they aren't interesting or sensational enough) to warrant covering the story... otherwise, they'd be covering the story.

We know what Flood himself has said.

Beyond that? Nada.

There are Op-Ed pieces, speculation, unnamed sources of undetermined reliability, commentary on countless aspects of the situation, etc... but we really don't know much more than that.

There's been no official word from the university. There's been no official word from the AD's office. There's been no word from the professor in question, or the student in question. Flood will not comment further until there is official word.

Until we have any more additional facts, there really isn't much to do but wait.

I'm guessing Julie knows exactly the source since its someone lobbying her for the job

Julie has done this before. Perhaps the most interesting thing to come form this will be whether anyone is fired on the University side.

I had a staff member (not a faculty, but a staff member for the RUlibrary) tell my professor to speak with me because I found a minor inconsistency in some materials she provided/wrote. She felt I was disrespecting her and her experience by proving her wrong using googling. It was a very minor issue, but she got very bent out of shape. So....yes?

OK, this makes sense. I never took this course, and didn't realize attendance of live performances was so crucial. Is transportation provided?
My daughter took the course last year. Transportation is not provided. For one show, my wife took her to NY because she didn't want to go alone. There are some shows in various places (NB, Princeton, NYC) so logistics can be a challenge depending on your schedule. I'm not sure if you have to go to every show or not but there is more to it than sitting around and discussing theater.

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
My daughter took the course last year. Transportation is not provided. For one show, my wife took her to NY because she didn't want to go alone. There are some shows in various places (NB, Princeton, NYC) so logistics can be a challenge depending on your schedule. I'm not sure if you have to go to every show or not but there is more to it than sitting around and discussing theater.

Please stop.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

https://www.insidehighered.com/news...alls-rutgers-athletics-become-self-sustaining

http://www.dailytargum.com/article/...s-loses-more-than-36-million-last-fiscal-year

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/12/opinion/joe-nocera-at-rutgers-its-books-vs-ballgames.html?_r=0

You can apologize whenever you are ready. If you'd rather go down this road, feel free to be specific about what you think I'm "making up" and I'll gladly show that I'm not. Unfortunately for you, everything I stated in that post is 100%, but like I said, if you would rather go down that road instead of admitting you are wrong, I'm game.

I think your math blows up the minute Rutgers gets the same revenue share from the B1G that YSFP gets. Nobody doubts the robotic cult at YSFP provides huge cash to the program.

Stop the ridiculous perpetuation of the notion that anything about the Barnwell situation had to do with him not going to see a friggin' play.
Not ridiculous at all.
I've been under the impression that's what happened since early last week.
Barnwell himself has told the press that he's still waiting on his grades.

You keep insisting that Barnwell was ruled ineligible before summer session. Then why is he on the injured list?

RUScrewed247 said:
RU will have a press release today at 12:15pm that is expected to rock the university and football program
I call bullshit.

Not BS .
Press release will have the rats name , but because of privacy laws , the name given will be the rodent's Scarlet Nation handle.
Speculation is : RUScrewed247 will be mentioned in that release and the rumor it's a nit supporter will be verified

Edit: Talked out of my butt RUScrewed247 was right and my insult was out of line.

Last edited:
Kyle Flood should be fired if the allegations are true. There should never be grade changing. The question is, if it is true. The one thing I liked about flood was his integrity, now that that is in question, I really don't know why we would want him if it is true. And, i am sorry, if a university professor has to tell academic support to stop having a kid badger them, and then the head coach breaks university rules by contacting the professor, he deserves what he gets. Now, of course, this all presupposes that the article is true, which I don't at this moment. But if it is, I hope they do fire him.

RUScrewed247 said:
RU will have a press release today at 12:15pm that is expected to rock the university and football program

Not BS .
Press release will have the rats name , but because of privacy laws , the name given will be the rodent's Scarlet Nation handle.
Speculation is : RUScrewed247 will be mentioned in that release and the rumor it's a nit supporter will be verified

You can find me in section 110 every home football game

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
Tip of the hat to RUscrewed. Nailed it.

Though I wouldnt necessarily say it "rocked the university', big blow to the team though.

More interesting question is who exactly is RUScrewed with all of 14 posts claiming to know something was coming down.

I think your math blows up the minute Rutgers gets the same revenue share from the B1G that YSFP gets. Nobody doubts the robotic cult at YSFP provides huge cash to the program.

That's not "my math" that's the Rutgers accounting math. You got 6 years until RU gets their share. In the mean time they will put football before academics and before student debt to keep the football program afloat.

I love how the sad little programs with no support call all the big programs a "cult". I'm sure if RU had $50 million a year coming in from donors it would be different and anyone that called RU fans a "cult" would be an idiot. Let's be honest here, the use of the term "cult" is just jealousy that RU is a small time program, with a small following, that few people care about. It's easier to claim the big programs with actual support are cults that admit the truth. You can say all the hateful things about me and/or PSU that you want, but I'm not one who is bothered by random internet posters. Based on your childish, emotion laden response, you can't say the same.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

https://www.insidehighered.com/news...alls-rutgers-athletics-become-self-sustaining

http://www.dailytargum.com/article/...s-loses-more-than-36-million-last-fiscal-year

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/12/opinion/joe-nocera-at-rutgers-its-books-vs-ballgames.html?_r=0

You can apologize whenever you are ready. If you'd rather go down this road, feel free to be specific about what you think I'm "making up" and I'll gladly show that I'm not. Unfortunately for you, everything I stated in that post is 100%, but like I said, if you would rather go down that road instead of admitting you are wrong, I'm game.

Bueller, Bueller..... Bueller.....

That's what I thought. People like you come in, call people liars, get proven wrong with a few simple links, then slink away. Let me know when you figure out what I said that wasn't true. I'm glad to defend anything I said.

That's not "my math" that's the Rutgers accounting math. You got 6 years until RU gets their share. In the mean time they will put football before academics and before student debt to keep the football program afloat.

I love how the sad little programs with no support call all the big programs a "cult". I'm sure if RU had $50 million a year coming in from donors it would be different and anyone that called RU fans a "cult" would be an idiot. Let's be honest here, the use of the term "cult" is just jealousy that RU is a small time program, with a small following, that few people care about. It's easier to claim the big programs with actual support are cults that admit the truth. You can say all the hateful things about me and/or PSU that you want, but I'm not one who is bothered by random internet posters. Based on your childish, emotion laden response, you can't say the same.

Actually, it's been discussed and catalogued ad-nauseum that TTFP's actions and defense of their football program even after enabling a convicted serial child molester is Exhibit 'A' of a cult.
You are wayyy off on indicating jealousy toward your program. OSU and Michigan, for example, aren't perfect but are big boy programs that one can respect. God forbid the culture at Rutgers ever allows anything close to what happened at PSU; i would stop supporting the football program and would personally prefer going winless every season instead.

Actually, it's been discussed and catalogued ad-nauseum that TTFP's actions and defense of their football program even after enabling a convicted serial child molester is Exhibit 'A' of a cult.
You are wayyy off on indicating jealousy toward your program. OSU and Michigan, for example, aren't perfect but are big boy programs that one can respect. God forbid the culture at Rutgers ever allows anything close to what happened at PSU; i would stop supporting the football program and would personally prefer going winless every season instead.

Well, if you actually understood what happened at PSU I doubt that. No one at PSU ever told anyone to not discuss anything, to keep things quiet, or that they couldn't file a report with the police or child protective agencies. PSU, in fact, reported the incident to the organization where Sandusky worked, who had a mandate to follow up, and said that they would. So they didn't tell anyone to keep it quiet, they informed multiple people outside of PSU, and requested it be looked into.

Regardless of the facts, the football program had nothing to do with it. If there was a cover up, and that is a big if, it was above the football program. Anyone who takes the time to understand what actually happened and how closely this is tied to decades long corruption in PA where powerful politicians were connected to the second mile, sees this. The scandal happened at the second mile, the agency that was responsible for the child, that employed Sandusky, that was informed by PSU about the report, that had a mandate to investigate it, and that said they would but didn't.

I bet you think PSU admins broke the law in 2001 as well. Even the attorney general at this point admits they did nothing illegal in 2001. But, at the end of the day, it's easier to believe that PSU is a cult and all 500,000 of us don't care about children, are "sick *****", and Sandusky got away with what he did because of football. Ignore the truth, which is that he got away with what he did because powerful politicians filtered money to their cohorts through the second mile and made sure their pals didn't get dragged into this. I wonder how many people even realize the incident was reported outside of PSU to an organization with a mandate to investigate it. Per the law, that was an acceptable action by PSU.... but again, you won't here that from anyone despite it being true. BTW, the most corrupt guy, who happened to receive over $500,000 in campaign contributions from the second mile DURING THE SANDUSKY INVESTIGATION just happened to be the attorney general that started the investigation and then became governor during the investigation. THAT is why you don't hear anything about the second mile and everything was aimed at PSU. But again, don't let facts get in the way of making yourself feel better.

Either way, the feds have since come in and are currently, FINALLY, investigating the second mile since no one in PA would do it. It's only a matter of time until that investigation shines a big bright light not he truth, the false charges against PSU admins are dropped, and this entire case makes the duke LAX scandal look like child's play. I have no need to defend that further, because at the end of the day, this is what will happen. The PA politicians can't hide from the feds. We saw what happened to the new attorney general when she tried to go after them, but the feds are a different story. Until then, sheep like you will believe what you want and look like all the folks who assumed the duke LAX rape actually happened until it came out that the prosecutor lied.

If you want to educate yourself on the facts and have an actual debate, I'm all for it. In the meantime, calling me and other PSU fans is for the sandbox.

Last edited:

LOL..if you think that was one then please stay involved with education and athletics at TSFP..you fit right in Mr. baby potato (there, now THAT was childish) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, if you actually understood what happened at PSU I doubt that. No one at PSU ever told anyone to not discuss anything, to keep things quiet, or that they couldn't file a report with the police or child protective agencies. PSU, in fact, reported the incident to the organization where Sandusky worked, who had a mandate to follow up, and said that they would. So they didn't tell anyone to keep it quiet, they informed multiple people outside of PSU, and requested it be looked into.

Regardless of the facts, the football program had nothing to do with it. If there was a cover up, and that is a big if, it was above the football program. Anyone who takes the time to understand what actually happened and how closely this is tied to decades long corruption in PA where powerful politicians were connected to the second mile, sees this. The scandal happened at the second mile, the agency that was responsible for the child, that employed Sandusky, that was informed by PSU about the report, that had a mandate to investigate it, and that said they would.

I bet you think PSU admins broke the law in 2001 as well. Even the attorney general at the point admits they did nothing illegal in 2001. But, at the end of the day, it's easier to believe that PSU is a cult and all 500,000 of us don't care about children, are "sick *****" and Sandusky got away with what he did because of football. Ignore the truth, which is that he got away with what he did because powerful politicians filtered money to their cohorts through the second mile and made sure their pals didn't get dragged into this. I wonder how many people even realize the incident was reported outside of PSU to an organization the mandates it. BTW, the most corrupt guy, who received over $500,000 in campaign contributions from the second mile just happened to be the attorney general that started the investigation and then became governor during the investigation. THAT is why you don't hear anything about the second mile and everything was aimed at PSU. But again, don't let facts get in the way of making yourself feel better.

Either way, the feds have since come in and are currently FINALLY investigating the second mile since one in PA would do it. It's only a matter of time until that investigation shines a big bright light not he truth, the false charges against PSU admins are dropped, and this entire case makes the duke LAX scandal look like child's play. I have no need to defend that further, because at the end of the day, this is what will happen. The PA politicians can't hide from the feds. We saw what happened to the new attorney general when she tried to go after them, but the feds are a different story. Until then, sheep like you will believe what you want and look like all the folks who assumed the duke LAX rape actually happened.

Cult: Exhibit A

sandbox: exhibit B

Want to man up and discuss facts or just name call? Exactly.

I'll give you a place to start. Read the Freeh report and find any piece of evidence at all that supports they covered for Sandusky for football. Literally, any piece of evidence. BTW, you know who recommended Freeh and pushed the rest of the board to hire him? Remember that politician who took half a million in campaign contributions from the second mile folks and was the attorney general that started the investigation into PSU? Yup.

So you have a politician taking large money from the second mile, who happened to be the current attorney general that started to make a case against PSU (while completely ignoring the second mile), who got elected governor, then used his influence as governor and the most powerful member of the PSU board of trustees to hire Freeh, who then concluded that it was covered up because of football despite not having a shred of evidence to support that claim. Feel free to read the Freeh report and examine every piece of evidence in it and let me know when you find the stuff that even suggests it was covered up for football. Since I know you can't be bothered to actual research facts and read the report, I'll help you... there is none. Freeh also claimed Paterno "actively concealed information" and was involved int he cover up, yet the lead investigator in the case later said he never saw any evidence of that. Heck, the Attorney General at the time stated that Paterno was 100% cooperative, not a target, and was even a witness for the prosecution. Either way, I'll let you get to your research and I'll be curious to see what evidence you find.

Again, I'm guessing it will be easier to just call me names instead of educating yourself on the facts, having a mature discussion, and actually finding any of your own. At the end of the day, you will believe what you want to believe and not what the facts suggest anyway.

Last edited:
LOL..if you think that was one then please stay involved with education and athletics at TSFP..you fit right in Mr. baby potato (there, now THAT was childish) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don't work at PSU, which is what I assume TSFP means is some childish slang. BTW, "spud" is a was what my father called me growing up. When he died of cancer, I changed my screen name. Keep mocking it though and telling me how terrible of a person I am.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT