ADVERTISEMENT

No. 12 Rutgers Wrestling Heads to Weekend Quad at Davidson

My god we are getting some very bad & and uninspiring performances from some of these young guys today.

Everyone is watching the one mat.....like something special is happening...
Very confusing

Other RU SPorts Updates

RU Football winning 24-3 against Indiana (Probably the most uninspiring 21 point lead ever)
RU Basketball tied at 11 to MERRIMACK...... 7:50 left in 1st qtr

What do the parents say is their reasoning?

If my son had an opportunity to go Ivy, I'd encourage him to do it. If I had to pay for it, I'd encourage him to go Rutgers. Most kids from those wrestling clubs do not go Ivy, so my question remains: what do they say are the reasons they steer away from Rutgers?
👀 👇 The reality is that many of them still look down on Rutgers and push kids to the traditional powers, Ivies and even Lehigh still.
I hear Knox and McGowan already thinking UPenn. McGowan because of Ivy and Burroughs I’ve heard. A Perentin looking Princeton. The Ivys say they’re academic first but it’s BS. They find loopholes to break their own rules lower standards significantly for athletes and use Ivy label as recruiting tool. Now NIL going to swing it even further in their favor.

In NJ, most elite kids on path the Delbarton/Blair looking to cash wrestling in on Ivy education they would have no shot at otherwise. That’s why I’ve felt for while we need to build stronger pipeline into PA. The profile of kids there is more blue collar and hence more favorable to state university.
The question itself is wrong. Rutgers is an option for plenty of kids who go to those clubs. Many aren’t good enough to compete at B10 level. But a significant number or true elite in NJ go private from get go in high school ala Blair/Delbarton. And those kids have their eyes set on top academic colleges often private or Ivy. That’s the answer to your question.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
125 would have been a good match against a ranked Gutierrez for Shawver

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT