ADVERTISEMENT

No. 12 Rutgers Wrestling Hosts Army Friday Night at Jersey Mike’s Arena

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
PISCATAWAY, N.J. – Off to its best start since 2014-15, No. 12 wrestling (9-0) hosts Army (0-3) on Friday night at Jersey Mike's Arena. The traditional dual will broadcast on Big Ten Plus, with Nick Kosko (Play-by-Play) and Matt Howe (Color) on the call. WRSU (88.7 FM) will provide live radio coverage.

Any idea why there are so many “or’s” for both squads? I hope we put out our healthy starters. Great opportunity to perform before a big crowd at home.

Also, the preview from Lex has us winning 125, 133, 141, 165, 174, 184 and 197. Of these 174 seems like more of a toss up (no Turley?) and we have already lost to one of the Army guys at 165. The way I see it we are strong favorites at 133, 141 (the Army kid here is a tough senior) and 184, and favorites at 125 and 197. Toss ups at 174 and HWT and slight underdogs at 149, 157 and 165. We are capable of winning all 10 bouts but that is unlikely. We are equally capable of a 5-5 split in a worst case scenario. We have to wrestle smart and disciplined and get bonus points where we can. Army will be well conditioned and we have to score early and often.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Reactions: Leonard23
Should be a good night of 'wrasslin!!! We R the better team, but expecting a lot of competitive matches!! Go RU!!

Tough loss for Kanniard. Hartman is strong as hell.
One thing I’ve noticed is he goes to his back too easy. He needs to be better at setting up his shots and also he needs to get stronger. In a few of these matches I’ve noticed he’s lacks some strength vs opponent. Hopefully another year in weight room.

Reactions: MS-RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT