ADVERTISEMENT

No. 13 Rutgers Wrestling Hosts Rival Princeton Friday

Thanks for that, but it didn't lead to livestats, which is where I usually try to follow what is happening out here in Tucson. It just leads to a BTN channel which I don't have. That's why I came to Rivals but it seems no one is posting anything about match outcomes like they usually do.
This used to be a very active board but now it’’s really slumped off. 38 posts for the entire match. Many have either been driven off or lost interest. It was pretty rough here for a few years so I completely understand why many don’t post anymore.

This used to be a very active board but now it’’s really slumped off. 38 posts for the entire match. Many have either been driven off or lost interest. It was pretty rough here for a few years so I completely understand why many don’t post anymore.
I don't post much, if at all, when I'm at the match and I suspect that's most people. It's more active for away matches when we're home watching.

Thanks for that, but it didn't lead to livestats, which is where I usually try to follow what is happening out here in Tucson. It just leads to a BTN channel which I don't have. That's why I came to Rivals but it seems no one is posting anything about match outcomes like they usually do.
You should follow RUWrestling on Twitter as they live tweet the matches with what you're looking for.

My quick assessment:
-Peterson - did what he need to win but did not impress and will need to step up his game when competition gets harder
-Shawver - looked very good and looked for offense
-Moore - overpowered Vazquez just wonder if this style gets it done vs better wrestlers
-Cetta - thought he wrestled well. 50/50 match. Could have gone either way. Rivera will be very good
-Clark - did his job. Looks a little rusty but should be solid
-White - nothing to say. 165 is an enigma for us. He finds ways to lose and has zero offense besides a straight on shot
-Turley - looked good. Gassed a little at end
-Soldano - they are clearly trying to reign him in but don’t think this style will get the most out of him. Hopefully can find a balance.
-Poz - match of the night. Looked great
-ODonnell - is what he is, a backup. Didnt wrestle bad against an Ncaa qualifier

The Princeton kids that won acted like complete assholes taunting the crowd. I guess it’s a reflection of their coach so he seems to act like an asshole as well.

I don’t post much when I’m at the match and I think that applies to most of the more active posters here.

Great job. It answers the question if poz is big and strong enough for 197. You will not see many as strong as Stout
I know Stoudt was highly ranked and he is a big dude. I dont know how technically good a wrestler he is as Inhavent followed him. Great win for Poz though! Soldano and he look undersized against a fair amount of the competition. Eventually, they are going to run into the guys who are much bigger AND have very good/great technical skills. That's where we will see where both will stand on the grand scheme of things.
Too busy watching and interacting with the people around me.
Weird to see a kid peacocking over winning a match due to a stalling penalty in OT.
Princeton didnt have many reasons to celebrate last night, but this was the oddest of them all.

I don't post much, if at all, when I'm at the match and I suspect that's most people. It's more active for away matches when we're home watching.
Also don’t forget it’s way quieter during wins. When we start losing matches, our resident pessimist idiots will have no issue chiming in getting everyone fired up

I know Stoudt was highly ranked and he is a big dude. I dont know how technically good a wrestler he is as Inhavent followed him. Great win for Poz though! Soldano and he look undersized against a fair amount of the competition. Eventually, they are going to run into the guys who are much bigger AND have very good/great technical skills. That's where we will see where both will stand on the grand scheme of things.

Too busy watching and interacting with the people around me.

Princeton didnt have many reasons to celebrate last night, but this was the oddest of them all.
Well, we already know how Brian looks vs competition in terms of size, because he's the same weight as last year. As a true freshmen he handled his own.

Well, we already know how Brian looks vs competition in terms of size, because he's the same weight as last year. As a true freshmen he handled his own.
That depends on what handling his own means to people. Handling his own and being a dominant wrestler (which we all want to see) are two totally different things. Sixth in the B1G as a true freshman is a worthy accomplishment but under sized and if over powered by similar skill set wrestlers...that is tough to overcome in the quest to be elite.

Was at the match … Poz match was fun … nice to see RU take charge and win 7 … wanted to see Yuri but good to get a backup
Experience.

Reactions: biazza38
That depends on what handling his own means to people. Handling his own and being a dominant wrestler (which we all want to see) are two totally different things. Sixth in the B1G as a true freshman is a worthy accomplishment but under sized and if over powered by similar skill set wrestlers...that is tough to overcome in the quest to be elite.
Soldano has never been overpowered in terms of strength ever. Even against Brooks. He’s been outwrestled in most of his losses, but I’ve never once thought he looks physically weak against any wrestler.

Soldano has never been overpowered in terms of strength ever. Even against Brooks. He’s been outwrestled in most of his losses, but I’ve never once thought he looks physically weak against any wrestler.
I disagree.. even against that va tech match that kid was much bigger and stronger.. soldano looks like he could be a 165 pounder.

I disagree.. even against that va tech match that kid was much bigger and stronger.. soldano looks like he could be a 165 pounder.
That VT match Soldano just repeatedly went to his butt and tried to overpower his guy. He couldn’t because his strength was matched and he got outwrestled.

I do agree Soldano looks smaller than last year but there’s no way he’s a 165. He probably could get to 174 but at what strength cost? I trust Goodale and Soldano know what weight a guy belongs at.

Big match for Poz! Good to see a pretty complete, overall (one or two hiccups but can't win em all) match from the lineup.

Reactions: UnderHooks
Maybe my response came across in a way it wasn't intended. I never said he looks (or ever looked) physically weak. My point was, if/when undersized, opponents with the same skillset (or better), will have an advantage which might limit his ceiling. And in my mind and on the mat, overpowering doesn't necessarily mean pure strength. It's the combination of strength and/or technique and the ability to combine both which are used to overpower someone. Hopefully that clears it up a little.

Jersey
Great seeing you last night. Hope your little guy is doing well. I thought we wrestled hard last night especially on our feet for the most part. They have been concentrating on that in practice.
Busy with his own season and preparing for HS which is less than 2 years away!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT