ADVERTISEMENT

No. 12 Rutgers Wrestling Set to Compete at the MatMen Open

When did I say that? He’s not running a charity. Fact: Northwestern punked out. Where was the B1G? Where was the NCAA? These guys put this together in days. “Grow the sport” doesn’t mean give me free stuff. I remember a time where outside of NCAA finals you couldn’t watch anything. Olympics were at 2am. We agree to disagree on this one.
I don’t need things for free but there is absolutely no reason why viewing college wrestling can’t be consolidated. If you want a year long subscription to BIG, ESPN+, Flo, and Rokfin you’re paying like 500 bucks to watch wrestling over a 4 month season. We can certainly agree to disagree, but to me that’s an astronomical amount for a lower tier sport.

Reactions: gogs7
I don’t need things for free but there is absolutely no reason why viewing college wrestling can’t be consolidated. If you want a year long subscription to BIG, ESPN+, Flo, and Rokfin you’re paying like 500 bucks to watch wrestling over a 4 month season. We can certainly agree to disagree, but to me that’s an astronomical amount for a lower tier sport.
I don’t disagree, but in this case you can’t grow the sport if you are at home. The fact that this was put together so quickly and that we had the opportunity to watch is a bonus in my book. We are not football or basketball. Nobody is investing big bucks to corner this sport. We are a niche sport. The fact that we have the opportunity to watch most matches and tournaments is light years ahead of where we were just 10 years ago.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
just awful technology and effort by rokfin.
There are clocks, names riding time etc on every mat. Early in this session they were not up and running, they are currently. Amazing the amount of complaining for a group that put this together in less than a week(with Xmas in that week).

Of course, as I sent this...they are having problems with graphics....lol

Kanniard looks lost in neutral. That was an ugly defeat. Too many people throw him to his back when he's at their legs.

Turley looks like a completely different wrestler. No energy or spunk like last year or in HS. Satisfied to just hang around. Guys get to his legs all the time. Not good

Important match for Turley to get off the snide. Looked much better in that one. Now needs to build on this and get his swagger back.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong:

Quarterfinals: Shawver, Olivieri (u), Alvarez, Rivera, White (u), Bulsak, and Boone

Wrestlebacks: DeSantis, Clark, Oneill, Turley

Eliminated: Britton, Kannaird

No one likes having to pay for a bunch of different subscriptions, but all content is monetized now and no network or streaming platform has all of 1 sport. The fact that we have all these streaming options is growing the sport, because we only used to get the NCAA finals and many times they were delayed or edited for a small 2 hour window.

Important match for Turley to get off the snide. Looked much better in that one. Now needs to build on this and get his swagger back.
Hard to really judge Turley at all, as he's supposedly been injured and missed a bunch of practices and matches, so he's likely out of wrestling shape. Even really good wrestlers look like crap when they don't have enough mat time and conditioning. I'm surprised they haven't shut him down for a medical RS, but don't know the extent of his injury.

Reactions: TRU2RU and RUpop
Disastrous tournament for Kanniard. He really is at a crossroads. Doesn’t seem to be really developing or getting any stronger

Reactions: koleszar
Per Turley, he has clearly been hurt. If he hasn't been on the mats or hitting the weights as hard as he could due to injury, I can imagine he's gonna look rusty and start off slow.
Give him time to get back into mat shape and get his strength back. I'd be surprised if he didn't look much stronger by the time big ten schedule starts.

Kanniard looks lost in neutral. That was an ugly defeat. Too many people throw him to his back when he's at their legs.
And neutral was supposed to be his strong point. Very disappointing, I had high hopes after watching him in the NCOW championship where he took 3rd and should have been in the finals. He looks weak and things just aren't clicking. He keeps wrestling like this, he'll be destroyed once we hit B1G opponents.

And neutral was supposed to be his strong point. Very disappointing, I had high hopes after watching him in the NCOW championship where he took 3rd and should have been in the finals. He looks weak and things just aren't clicking. He keeps wrestling like this, he'll be destroyed once we hit B1G opponents.
NCOW 165. He needs to move up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT