ADVERTISEMENT

No. 15 Rutgers Wrestling Closes Dual Season with No. 20 Princeton (Friday), Columbia (Saturday) / Match Threads

Princeton could come down to who wrestles for us at 133. Heavyweight could also determine the match as could 184 and 197 where our strength meets their strength. This meet could be very ugly if things do not go our way or lovely if they do!

Rutgers wrestling to conclude dual-meet season against Princeton, Columbia

Check out this article from My Central Jersey:

Rutgers wrestling to conclude dual-meet season against Princeton, Columbia

Lex Knapp in his preview predicts the final score as 26-11 with Rutgers winning 7 bouts to 3. This prediction meets the preseason expectations. By winning 7 bouts the doubters should be silenced and we can prepare for the Big Ten Tourney. Most teams faced with injuries. Two former national champs Lee and Ferrari are done for the year and just announced is that Braxton Lee who was an All American last year and 16-1 this year is done for the season. This could help Bulsak AA and improve Kannaird's chances to qualify. Beating Princeton 7 bouts to 3 builds our confidence and sets us up for really good Big Ten and National Tournament. If we don't win 7 bouts, the preseason build up, will be just that.

Reactions: SCNJ
Sammy not around? What the hell does that mean? What's this kids deal? He bailed on NC State. And in the last two years he's had breakdowns over here. I realize this isn't the pros, but if I had this kind of talent in college I'd be getting after it. It's a shame. I hope he's still part of the team and looking to compete.

When coach said he hasn’t been around ...he literally has not been around ...practices , meets etc ..he won’t wrestle this year !
I believe you but Goodale said “he’s not around right now” not “he hasn’t been around.” Those are similar statements with different meanings

As said previously, Bill said last week that he was at practice. If you’re saying he hasn’t been, then one of you two is wrong and since you’re both credible, we’re all looking for overall clarification.

I can make 141 today eating a huge stack of pancakes loade with butter and syrup and still be5 pounds shy!

He missed a few days but was there this week but doubt he makes weight with hours notice which I assume what Scott was referring to in that interview.

When coach said he hasn’t been around ...he literally has not been around ...practices , meets etc ..he won’t wrestle this year !
Im not expecting Sammy to wrestle this year but by the way this sound it seems likely he is quitting wrestling all together/no more interest…

I think covid killed the fighting spirit in a lot of athletes. I've watched the two Jojo matches and he looks like an out of shape d3 wrestler now. I hope we didn't lose Sammy, but if it's another toxic situation then so be it. I'm definitely pumped for our current freshmen class.

Regarding the senior day graphic. Why is Robinson, Benner, Gappas and Angelo on there if on the roster they aren't listed as seniors?

I'll give you a synapsis. Couldn't make weight... or more along the lines didn't even try, and apparently he just left. Tired of these recruits wasting so much money time and team resources. If you're done you're done. Don't drag it out for over 2 years.
That would basically hit the nail on the head ...at least that what I know right now .

I'll give you a synapsis. Couldn't make weight... or more along the lines didn't even try, and apparently he just left. Tired of these recruits wasting so much money time and team resources. If you're done you're done. Don't drag it out for over 2 years.
Why is he still “trying to make weight”… I thought he’s done with 133… wasn’t the plan to bulk him up to 141 or hopefully 149/157… jeez keep making him suck so much weight it’s not even fun anymore ….I can’t really blame him if we r making him go too low a weight… he should relax, bulk up, n go w.e weight he wants to next year…

I'm not declaring an end to anything ..let's see if he wrestles again this year and see who has it right .
That is just you betting against yourself. No one said he will wrestle again this year. You also declared in an earlier post, "he is not on the team", while Bill said, "he missed a few days but was there this week". How are you so sure of your declaration? Or did you just throw out a wild speculation?

Reactions: TRU2RU
"Do not let arrogance go to your head and despair to your heart; do not let compliments go to your head and criticisms to your heart; do not let success go to your head and failure to your heart." -- Roy T. Bennett

That is just you betting against yourself. No one said he will wrestle again this year. You also declared in an earlier post, "he is not on the team", while Bill said, "he missed a few days but was there this week". How are you so sure of your declaration? Or did you just throw out a wild speculation?
Again I stand by what I said ..done explaining it to you ..hey I hope what I heard is wrong especially if Seb is hurt real bad but it is what it is ...he won't wrestle this year ..nothing to do with trying or staying at 133 ..he would be lucky to go 141 even if he does come back ...you don't have to believe it just keep blaming coaches for making him sick weight like others have..he is not sucking weight right now

I don't put it all on Sammy. The weight issue was very difficult for him. That is something that was learned last year and repeated again this year. It had an effect on his performance and his psyc. He should never been put in that position again. Look at my preseason comments. Granted, there was nowhere for him to go but he could have started preparing for a comfortable weight for next year. He still can and that should have started already. Of course, this all assumes he wants to wrestle and hasn't totally lost it.

...you don't have to believe it just keep blaming coaches for making him sick weight like others have..he is not sucking weight right now
I have no idea why you would attribute such a statement to me. I have alluded to no such thing. Why would I blame the coaches for making him sick like others? I have never once posted such a thing, your accusation is completely unfounded.

Sometimes it is the mutual decision between wrestler snd coach as to what weight they go. Don’t put it all on coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT