ADVERTISEMENT

No. 18 Rutgers Wrestling Wraps Up Non-Conference Slate at Bloomsburg (Friday) and Rider (Sunday)

I rode up the elevator at work with more people on it then fans at this match

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
Someone needs to wake up the announcer. I think someone slipped him some roofies.

the hangover GIF

Wow, those kids took some abuse... except for the Sammy match. Could start their own Me Too movement. Nice move by Britton.

Nice to see some good wins. Was White off at Midlands or is that just speculation? I thought his opponent here might given some fight. Regarding Sammy, I think what I'm seeing is fatigue that might come from cutting weight. If he's allowing his weight to climb in between matches and having to drop too much before matches, that would explain it to me.

Reactions: dbtks34
I know its only Bloomsburg but Kanniard needs to be the guy at 165 moving forward. My guess is they will alternate them for a few weeks but Kanniard will emerge. Kanniard isnt perfect but i will take him every day over ONeill. Sorry Connor

Wow, those kids took some abuse... except for the Sammy match. Could start their own Me Too movement. Nice move by Britton.

Nice to see some good wins. Was White off at Midlands or is that just speculation? I thought his opponent here might given some fight. Regarding Sammy, I think what I'm seeing is fatigue that might come from cutting weight. If he's allowing his weight to climb in between matches and having to drop too much before matches, that would explain it to me.
Is Sammy still cutting too much weight at 141?? He should just wrestle at a weight where he can focus on getting better instead of sucking weight.. I still remember when he was talking bout dropping to 125(lol) to make a 1-2-3 punch w/ Suriano n Ash.. still coulda made that 1-2-3 punch but gone 149 instead..

Good match to get some depth wrestlers some action. Robbie K has to be starting at 165 moving forward. Even against a scrub from Bloomsburg he showed more than O'Neill has all season. Onto Rider and their HS gym on Sunday afternoon. Anyone going? I think we win 7 of 10 vs Little RU to end OOC dual season and move into B1G dual season.

I think people are overlooking Sammy's opponent. He's the same guy who handled Olivieri last week. The kid stalls a lot, tough on top and hard to take down. He keeps his matches close. Probably better than his career record indicates and is a 5th year senior, if I recall correctly.

Anyway, on to Rider tomorrow. I figure we should win at least 7 out of 10 with Rider likely taking 149 and 197, and 165 being a possible toss-up. I'd start Kanniard at 165, he's earned another start after a major win last night as I have zero confidence in O'Neill as a starter moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT