ADVERTISEMENT

No. 18 Rutgers Wrestling Wraps Up Non-Conference Slate at Bloomsburg (Friday) and Rider (Sunday)

Anyway, on to Rider tomorrow. I figure we should win at least 7 out of 10 with Rider likely taking 149 and 197, and 165 being a possible toss-up. I'd start Kanniard at 165, he's earned another start after a major win last night as I have zero confidence in O'Neill as a starter moving forward.
I don’t see any of our 165 guys beating Hunter Mays. That kid is a work horse.

White can beat Kinner at 149

174 can also be a tossup depeening on which Turley we see.

Rider will be closer than you think. Could be another Princeton type match
I agree it could be close but Rider would have to wrestle their absolute best and take 133, 149, 165, 174, 197.

I don’t see anyway we lose at 125, 141, 157, 184, or 285.

If that’s the 5-5 split we should be able to out-bonus them. I think we should be good enough to win 6-8 bouts and be fine. Don’t see us losing this dual.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Perhaps this was covered when the schedule came out but why would we be scheduling an away match at Bloomsburg? Goodale doing someone a favor?

Perhaps this was covered when the schedule came out but why would we be scheduling an away match at Bloomsburg? Goodale doing someone a favor?
Apparently, the answer was the B1G schedule comes out late? Whatever the fvck that means. As I'm still bewildered how 13 other schools could schedule decent home slates, but it affected Goodale and company differently. See you in two weeks for our 1st home meet at the RAC.

Lol we wrestled them in front of 20 people. I've seen South Jersey HS duals with at least 5x more people in the stands.

Apparently, the answer was the B1G schedule comes out late? Whatever the fvck that means. As I'm still bewildered how 13 other schools could schedule decent home slates, but it affected Goodale and company differently. See you in two weeks for our 1st home meet at the RAC.

This is on Goodale. As Koleszar said, all the other Big Ten teams were able to schedule decent home meets. The lack of a competitive home schedule other than the required Big Ten matches, hurts recruiting, turns off some fans, and means less revenue for the program. I doubt Hobbs is happy with our home schedule.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
Goodale said something about trying to schedule a bunch of top teams and getting turned down. Said he’s trying to get the Princeton/Rider/Rutgers matches to split so that each team has 1 home and 1 away match.

Rider will be closer than you think. Could be another Princeton type match
At first thought I was thinking no way it’s a close match. So I went through the matchups giving all the toss ups to Rider. I have best case scenario for Rider they loss 21-17. Best case scenario for Rutgers is probably 27-12. I don’t think Rutgers sends out Janzer if the dual isn’t in jeopardy.

I see others saying 133 is a toss up I don’t see that, if Heilman is wrestling he wins that match. I am more concerned with Bell vs Sammy.

I will be sitting front row with my white long sleeve WrestleStat shirt, if you see me say hello.

Reactions: LetsGoRUwrestling
Any of the guys who underestimate their opponents could end up in trouble. Sammy is anyone's guess. Kinner has the edge, but if White prevails, it will be the sign we've been looking for from him. Mays is tough but who will be facing him? I have no clue what to expect from Turley. Soldano will entertain us again. I don't expect Goodale will feed Janzer to Laird. Boone will have his way with Szuba, but O'Donnell would make for an interesting match.

Any of the guys who underestimate their opponents could end up in trouble. Sammy is anyone's guess. Kinner has the edge, but if White prevails, it will be the sign we've been looking for from him. Mays is tough but who will be facing him? I have no clue what to expect from Turley. Soldano will entertain us again. I don't expect Goodale will feed Janzer to Laird. Boone will have his way with Szuba, but O'Donnell would make for an interesting match.
A Szuba vs O'Donnell bout at 285lbs would be very exciting. They have a history and both wrestled in A-South division in Shore Conference. Their last meeting was the 2021 NJ State final where Szuba Headlocked O'Donnell in 1st period and scored fall..The week before O'Donnell beat him in Region 5-1. I don't think we'll see this match up because Boone needs to win as many D1 bouts as possible to boost winning %. Szuba is no slouch and can be dangerous

I think this dual meet will be very close...This is Riders Super Bowl

Last edited:
Reactions: SCNJ and MS-RU
Kinners going to be a tough match for white.
Sammy has to step on the gas now to get ready for big 10 schedule

Reactions: MS-RU
Prediction:
125 RU dec
133 RU dec
141 RU dec
149 Rider dec
157 RU dec
165 Rider major vs Oneill, dec vs Kannaird
174 RU dec
184 RU pin
197 Rider major
285 RU dec

Rider puts up one of their best results in this matchup in 15 years… and still 24-11 Rutgers

Clark squeaks out a win but did not look good against a below average opponent. No offense on his feet once again but rode him out all 3rd period to secure the win.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT