ADVERTISEMENT

No. 18 Rutgers Wrestling Wraps Up Non-Conference Slate at Bloomsburg (Friday) and Rider (Sunday)

How is Rider built like a B1G team? This announcer is a moron lol.

They have 1 good wrestler in Laird and 1 solid one in Kinner…and the good one is leaving after this year.
Lol some B1G team as Rutgers, a real B1G team, is going to win 9 matches out of 10.

If past history is any indication Olivieri will be out of RS in a week. Pure speculation on my part but not a great track record here.
Agree, NJ .com just posted article that Sammy was over weight and did not make the trip. Goodale said staff will sit down to make some decisions

Reactions: Leonard23
Agree, NJ .com just posted article that Sammy was over weight and did not make the trip. Goodale said staff will sit down to make some decisions

Vince Carter Basketball GIF by NBA

Too much of a broken record theme here. The commitment is obviously not there. Time to move on with Olivieri. I dont care if hes not “Sammy” yet. ill take the commited wrestler. Its not like this is 1 or even 2 times

Very disappointing to hear regarding Sammy. It’s a shame he doesn’t have the mindset or discipline to make weight consistently. He is obviously a huge talent and awesome to watch when he’s dialed in but is too much of a wildcard and unfortunately can’t be counted on. Obviously I’ll agree with any decision that Goodale and the rest of the coaches make but it sucks that they are even put in this position.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Very disappointing to hear regarding Sammy. It’s a shame he doesn’t have the mindset or discipline to make weight consistently. He is obviously a huge talent and awesome to watch when he’s dialed in but is too much of a wildcard and unfortunately can’t be counted on. Obviously I’ll agree with any decision that Goodale and the rest of the coaches make but it sucks that they are even put in this position.
So frustrating, been saying since this summer he should just go 149 maybe even 157(even if he doesn’t start). But nah everyone say go 141… just wish he wrestled at a weight where he can have fun/focus improving rather then worry about the scale.. it’s like we learned nothing from last two season at 33..

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Too much of a broken record theme here. The commitment is obviously not there. Time to move on with Olivieri. I dont care if hes not “Sammy” yet. ill take the commited wrestler. Its not like this is 1 or even 2 times

Time to move on. If coaches let him wrestle, what does it say to the kids that are working really hard. If Sammy wrestles, it makes me wonder who is running the team. Sammy has been given many “second” chances. It is time to reward discipline and the kids that care.

Reactions: SCNJ
I hope the experts can explain why it is always Sammy's fault that he can't make weight? Maybe he simply can't. Besides, we could be a better team with JO at 141 and Sammy at 149. Thanks. $$$$

I hope the experts can explain why it is always Sammy's fault that he can't make weight? Maybe he simply can't. Besides, we could be a better team with JO at 141 and Sammy at 149. Thanks. $$$$
Agreed, looking at Sammy’s frame and how he struggled so much making 33..for 2 damn seasons wtf…I woulda pushed him to go 149/57 unless it was Sammy who was adamant bout going 41..

Agreed, looking at Sammy’s frame and how he struggled so much making 33..for 2 damn seasons wtf…I woulda pushed him to go 149/57 unless it was Sammy who was adamant bout going 41..
Why the implication that someone is forcing him to cut weight? If he wanted to go 149, then he could have.
I don't know. I think we need hold onto the redshirt for Olivieri.
Based on his IG, it sounds like they're pulling his redshirt. I thought he'd benefit more from a redshirt year but here we are.

Why the implication that someone is forcing him to cut weight? If he wanted to go 149, then he could have.

Based on his IG, it sounds like they're pulling his redshirt. I thought he'd benefit more from a redshirt year but here we are.
Usually weight decisions are partially wrestler, more coach when it comes down to what weight they are going.

This would be very unfortunate

Congrats on the win … hope Boone is ok … how does someone give a head butt and not get a DQ?

Reactions: Leonard23
Usually weight decisions are partially wrestler, more coach when it comes down to what weight they are going.
Nah. If a kid tells the coach he wants to go a certain weight, he gets the opportunity to compete for that spot. Sure, the coach may try to persuade him to go a different weight, but that's it. Otherwise, he would've already left to go elsewhere to wrestle that weight.

Couple of sources reporting that Olivieri will be the starter at 141. If true, good decision by Goodale. Teammates appear to be all in on Olivieri.

Every wrestling team I’ve ever been a part of, the wrestlers decide what weight they want to compete at and the coach makes decisions from there. If Alvarez wanted to give 149 or 157 a shot from the get go, he would have had the opportunity. Unfortunately it didn’t work out once again and it’s a real shame. It’s time for the program to move on.

I hope his season isn't over. I really hate to see his talent wasted. Wish he was able to get the weight part down. Hopefully he doesn't transfer out. There's always a chance someone gets hurt. He'd be great to fill in if so.

Nah. If a kid tells the coach he wants to go a certain weight, he gets the opportunity to compete for that spot. Sure, the coach may try to persuade him to go a different weight, but that's it. Otherwise, he would've already left to go elsewhere to wrestle that weight.
Coaches should have pushed him to go 149/157 after we witnessed two horrific endings w/ him at 33.. some reason Sammy always wanna cut weights he can’t handle to.. he even wanted to go 125 a year.. he thinks he can’t succeed/start spot unless he cuts huge weight for some reason..

I hope his season isn't over. I really hate to see his talent wasted. Wish he was able to get the weight part down. Hopefully he doesn't transfer out. There's always a chance someone gets hurt. He'd be great to fill in if so.
There’s not much of another option. He’s super talented but he’s had a ton of chances and whether it’s bad decision making, lack of focus/dedication, or whatever, the coaching staff has clearly lost their ability to count on him.

There’s not much of another option. He’s super talented but he’s had a ton of chances and whether it’s bad decision making, lack of focus/dedication, or whatever, the coaching staff has clearly lost their ability to count on him.
Why does his season have to be over if he gives up 141… are most here oppose to Sammy moving up to 149 n challenging/backing up White for starting spot?

A while ago someone posted something abt Sammy being thought of as being weak mentally. Don’t know if they meant weight issues or practice habits but he def hasn’t looked good this year.
Sure he’s getting $ too so backup role cloudy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT