ADVERTISEMENT

No. 18 Wrestling Closes Long Road Swing at RV Indiana (Friday), No. 7 Ohio State (Sunday)

We're going to learn a lot about this team this weekend. Kind of like the mid terms. Hoping for a good showing. $$$$

Reactions: DUForever
Olivieri might not have been on weight Sunday morning considering he was in redshirt and didn’t have a match. Had no reason to be on weight. Probably why Britton, who has to be on weight as a backup in the event of something like this, got the match over him.

Reactions: west2east
Is RU expected to win this match tonight? Any matchup preview?
Without Boone and Sammy/Oliveri it will be very tough with no room for error. Here is the Wrestlestat prediction:

WrestleStat Prediction: Rutgers over Indiana 17 - 16

125: Dean Peterson (Rutgers) over Jacob Moran (Indiana) DEC 7 - 2
133: Henry Porter (Indiana) over Joe Heilmann (Rutgers) DEC 5 - 4
141: Devon Britton (Rutgers) over Cayden Rooks (Indiana) DEC 7 - 5
149: Anthony White (Rutgers) over Graham Rooks (Indiana) DEC 6 - 4
157: Derek Gilcher (Indiana) over Andrew Clark (Rutgers) DEC 6 - 3
165: Robert Kanniard (Rutgers) over Robert Major (Indiana) DEC 10 - 4
174: Donnell Washington (Indiana) over Jackson Turley (Rutgers) MD 14 - 6
184: Brian Soldano (Rutgers) over Drayton Harris (Indiana) TF 22 - 3
197: Nick Willham (Indiana) over Billy Janzer (Rutgers) DEC 5 - 3
285: Jacob Bullock (Indiana) over John O'Donnell (Rutgers) DEC 7 - 6

- Off the top of my head I disagree with 133 & 141, I would expect those to flip but more than likely its net neutral
- White will have a tough matchup with Rooks, he is a 2x NQ and has been solid this year
- Hopefully Soldano can get the fall
- Need O'Donnell to wrestle smart and not give up any bonus points

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Is RU expected to win this match tonight? Any matchup preview?
Mine:
125 R- Peterson solidly
133 R- Heilman, but has to be at his best
141 R- A rusty Olivieri should be okay. But Britton?
149 ? Toss-up
157 I- Clark will have to be at his best to win
165 ? Toss-up
174 I- This is a guy that Turley pinned, but I don't think he'ss fully back to form yet
184 R- Cake walk
197 ? Toss-up
285 I- Would have been a tough one for Boone

We need two of three toss-ups or bonus points.

Random questions but is Casale red shirting? Haven't seen anything about him since the Princeton tournament. Also, any news on Raimo?

Random questions but is Casale red shirting? Haven't seen anything about him since the Princeton tournament. Also, any news on Raimo?
Yes Casale red shirting. Not sure why any red shirt or non starter would not want to wrestle in open tournaments(unless injured). You bust your butt in practice everyday, I would think you would want to enter these tournaments.

Raimo-some other insiders would be better than me to comment, but I know he had the car accident and not sure when or if he is back practicing. I hope he gets healthy, but he has not wrestled in close to 3 years so my expectations are not high. Not sure he really has a spot. Next year, think Shawver moves up to 133.

my subscription with Big Ten Plus is good thru 2/2/23 but went to renew for wrestling annual subscription and it is not letting me. Anyone having issues?

Peterson has gone for a couple navy rides. Wonder if he’ll hit one in the 3rd

Good top wreetling from dean.
Outside the shuck by in the third he worked hard in neutral. Wouldn't surprise me if this was a major in the future.

Good stall call. It's got to be double the shots for heilmann vs porter.
Lots off that elbow, looking to see if he can get some second shots off after setting it up in the first.

Again this is not high school. As soon as his blades touch it's over. You could have called a pin once or twice. It's 8-0 with over 2 mins. riding time.

Again this is not high school. As soon as his blades touch it's over. You could have called a pin once or twice. It's 8-0 with over 2 mins. riding time.
Yeah not sure how that wasn’t a pin. Only guess is ref didn’t want to call it because the Rutgers wrestling community would have exploded.

Does anyone of you RU wrestling historians recall RU’s first year in BIG 10. Our first trip to Indy. Some classic things happened that night. BTW probably the greatest steakhouse I have ever been too while in Indy. LOL!!!

Plus who was one of NJ best state champs to wrestle for Indy???

Oliveri got robbed of the pin in the 1st. These refs are so slow and out of touch. He gets the dominate MD but those two additional team points would have been huge.

He is such a team player and no excuse guy. Love it.

Does anyone of you RU wrestling historians recall RU’s first year in BIG 10. Our first trip to Indy. Some classic things happened that night. BTW probably the greatest steakhouse I have ever been too while in Indy. LOL!!!

Plus who was one of NJ best state champs to wrestle for Indy???
He was so good they named a town in Iowa after him!!! 😂😂

Tony white seems so close to being a really complete wrestler.
I see the technique, it looks like the physicality of it is still a little behind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT