ADVERTISEMENT

No. 19 Rutgers Wrestling Set for 2022 Garden State Grapple Sunday at Prudential Center

Can’t be mad at O’Neil this black haired ref has no business doing a college match.

Disappointing from O’Neill late in the match. Zero urgency.

Reactions: RUpop
I also thought Oneill stuck him but man how did he lose that match

Great start (3 wins) and then 3 losses in a row … disappointed that a 5-4 Revano (now 6-4) beat O’Neill.

Turley like Alvarez is too casual out there and lets too many people on his legs. I know he’s funky and loves to scramble but he needs to shoot as well.

UPENN is ranked … when is the last time RU beat a ranked team?

Turley is getting physically mauled. His opponent is too aggressive and strong for him.

Basically just hung out all match. He’ll be a .500 wrestler from here on out. There’s no sense of urgency left.

Basically just hung out all match. He’ll be a .500 wrestler from here on out. There’s no sense of urgency there.
You never know … things might click again .., but sadly all I thought on that match was keep it to a decision … Soldano in a must win (preferably with bonus points) … good start 4-2 and almost a great start.

Hale isn’t doing a damn thing. There needs to be another stall.

Surprised Saldano didn’t go for the major … RU back on top 13-12 … 4 bouts each.

Why didn't Soldano cut him and take him down to get the major? Odd
I’m assuming he thought he could turn him or get the stall calls (which was huge miss by the refs). The kid didn’t even try to wrestle it and it’s a crime that he only got hit once that period.

Reactions: Leonard23
Nice TD by Janzer and then rode him out the rest of the period.

Love the optimism but this is going to be a tough match. I have it 18-15 Penn (6-4 bout split to Penn) but the only bonus I have is a pin by Soldano (a lot to ask of the Freshman). Could be bonus in other matches but I’m staying conservative b/c so many of these kids grew up wrestling with each other/are very familiar with each other.

125- If healthy should wrestle Peterson here as an eval. Miller beat Shawver last year. 3-0 RU Peterson over Miller
133- Colaiocco (Blair kid) sucked too much weight last year. He is tough and a bad match up for Heilmann (very technically sound, good on his feet, tough rider on top). Path to victory for Heilmann will be to keep it tight with stingy defense and to test his gas tank with constant pressure. 3-3 Colaiocco over Heilmann
141- More Jersey on Jersey crime. Ferrante is small for the weight but has a huge heart. Sammy needs to have his head right here and not give up stupid points early. 6-3 RU Alvarez over Ferrante
149- Zapf too much for White 6-6
157- Artalona is going to be pissed off after being up big and getting stuck at Iowa. Artalona over Clark 9-6 Penn
165- Jersey vs Jersey again. Revano over O’Neill by decision 12-6 Penn
174-Important match here. Talent is there with Turley but results aren’t yet this year. Can’t give him the win until he proves he can do it. Incontrera over Turley 15-6 Penn
184- Need Soldano in the lineup here. Big opportunity for bonus. Soldano by fall over Hale 15-12 Penn
197- Have to win the battle from neutral here. Cannot go underneath this guy. Urbas over Janzer. 18-12
285- Boone needs to wrestle smart. Penn heavy Goldin is strong and athletic but not very technical. Boone by decision 18-15 Penn
Hope we win Hwt. A lot of wrong predictions…ru won key matches.

Reactions: KidDagger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT