ADVERTISEMENT

No. 22 Rutgers Wrestling Treks to No. 2 Penn State Sunday / Match Thread

Wonder how Penn St is going to be next year. Tough to lose Nolf, Joseph, Hall, Nickal, and Cassar in a 2 year period. Not to mention Rasheed/Conel as well. That’s all of the top 6 weight classes and Penn St isn’t very strong at 125 or 149.

Not good.....PSU crowd goes quiet....

Even the crowd groans when he starts to head back to mat

Yikes, that didn't look good. Hopefully nothing serious.

He was wrestling as good as you could expect against Hall too.

Again at the buzzer takedown we give up.

Jesus Christ, Janzer gets pinned. Sorry for my language but unbelievable.

Yikes, Janzer. Gotta get on his O more and can't get cradled there.

I thought his name was Billy Janzer
Post in complete anger. Brooks is good as a true freshman but I expected more from Janzer in this match and getting pinned never entered my mind. I think I've had enough probably turn the football game on.

Reactions: Jagger712
So Grello is out for the year, and Janzer was pinned? Tough weekend for the team.

Little guys were decent. Big guys were not.

Moving on. Gauntlet part of the schedule is over.

My God this entire weekend has completely sucked. It should be stricken from the Rutgers wrestling history books.

Post in complete anger. Brooks is good as a true freshman but I expected more from Janzer in this match and getting pinned never entered my mind. I think I've had enough probably turn the football game on.
Yes it wasnt a great effort by Janzer but Brooks is a 20 year old who deferred enrollment and trained in Colorado Springs last year at the Olympic Training Center. He won the Senior level Dave Schultz open tech falling Nate Jackson on the Senior level. He's a lot better then good.

Yes it wasnt a great effort by Janzer but Brooks is a 20 year old who deferred enrollment and trained in Colorado Springs last year at the Olympic Training Center. He won the Dave Schultz open tech falling Nate Jackson on the Senior level. He's a lot better then good.
I thought I heard in a post match interview Janzer saying he was also 20.. and yeah.. Brooks is just another one of those PSU freshman that you just expect to come in and contend right away..

Yes it wasnt a great effort by Janzer but Brooks is a 20 year old who deferred enrollment and trained in Colorado Springs last year at the Olympic Training Center. He won the Senior level Dave Schultz open tech falling Nate Jackson on the Senior level. He's a lot better then good.
So I guess we should just expect Billy to get pinned for the next three years against him. And if he doesn't get pinned it's a pleasant surprise. Can't wait for those matches.

ADVERTISEMENT