ADVERTISEMENT

No. 22 Rutgers Wrestling Treks to No. 2 Penn State Sunday / Match Thread

Yes it wasnt a great effort by Janzer but Brooks is a 20 year old who deferred enrollment and trained in Colorado Springs last year at the Olympic Training Center. He won the Senior level Dave Schultz open tech falling Nate Jackson on the Senior level. He's a lot better then good.

According to USA Wrestling, Aaron was 18 last February. That makes him either 18 or 19 now, probably the latter. In any case, I thought Janzer looked pretty solid this evening. He's really put together. Best wishes to Grello. I hated seeing that happen to him.

Asshole Sanderson to challenge. Douche bag
Why does challenging a TD call make Sanderson a bad guy? If you're saying that because the team score was out of reach, that's a really bad take.

Wrestling is a team and individual sport, and a coach's job is to help his team to win AND to help his individual wrestlers to win. There are B1G seeding implications for every B1G dual, so ensuring Shak got that win is important. If helping individual wrestlers win matches within the rules makes him an asshole, then I guess my definition of asshole is different than yours.

And, it was a bad call. Shouldn't bad calls be corrected? That ref was perhaps the worst I've seen in Rec Hall, and this could have been a learning experience for him. However, he was so proud of his piss-poor performance, that he didn't reverse it, just like every other bad/non-call he made last night.

That ref was perhaps the worst I've seen in Rec Hall, and this could have been a learning experience for him. However, he was so proud of his piss-poor performance, that he didn't reverse it, just like every other bad/non-call he made last night.
Damn it, I knew I should have given him more money. WTF, I told him I wanted a couple psu guys disqualified.I want my money back.

Thank you! I was about to say the same thing! It was a TD......no reaction time in college wrestling. Ref was bad and blew the call!
OK now that we've gotten that out of the way, you can go back to your board and continue on with your regularly scheduled degrading of all things Rutgers. Thanks for stopping by, see you next year.

Thank you! I was about to say the same thing! It was a TD......no reaction time in college wrestling. Ref was bad and blew the call!
The only time no reaction time applies is from rear standing.I haven't seen the call in question it may have been a rear standing position I'm not sure.Many fans are confused about no reaction time and think it applies in every situation it doesn't.David Taylor even made that mistake during the broadcast and said college wrestling doesn't have reaction time.You must secure control beyond reaction time for all takedowns except hand touch takedowns(rear standing). Reaction time isn't defined it's up to the judgement of the official to determine reaction time.About a year ago a memo was sent to every NCAA official explaining it to them again because officials were even getting it wrong

Last edited:
Give me a break about seeding and all that bs. He was up 6-0. Does winning 8-0 make a difference in his seeding? Does winning 49-6 make Sanderson any happier?

OK now that we've gotten that out of the way, you can go back to your board and continue on with your regularly scheduled degrading of all things Rutgers. Thanks for stopping by, see you next year.
I don’t degrade RU! I call a spade a spade! As a matter of fact I know Donnie and Scott for years and have been a RU season ticket holder since they joined the BiG 10! I was a Division 1 wrestler and coached wrestling in NJ for 10 years. Just in case you think I don’t know anything about wrestling! Ask around

Reactions: Meteor-Lion
I don’t have a problem with Sanderson challenging. A good coach should care just as much about the last match as the does the first. Checking out because the dual was already won would be an insult to his upper weights.

I can’t wait for Iowa/PSU match. I think Iowa wins 125, 133, 149, 157. Tossups 165, 197. Think PSU wins 141, 174, 184 and 285.. should be a thriller

Reactions: elvis7 and JBott
I don’t degrade RU! I call a spade a spade! As a matter of fact I know Donnie and Scott for years and have been a RU season ticket holder since they joined the BiG 10! I was a Division 1 wrestler and coached wrestling in NJ for 10 years. Just in case you think I don’t know anything about wrestling! Ask around
Hmmm... Creedo is that you??

My apologies sir. From your post count I figured you for a psu fan who came to rag on us. They do, do that from time to time especially when we wrestle them. Again my sincerest apologies.

Reactions: JBott
Give me a break about seeding and all that bs. He was up 6-0. Does winning 8-0 make a difference in his seeding? Does winning 49-6 make Sanderson any happier?
The score was 5-0 at the time of the challenge, takedown, stall point, reversal. Have you ever seen a takedown to four backpoints for a six point move? I mean, we've even seen it with freshmen, right? So, at the time of the challenge, six would have at least tied, if not won it, for Pagano, no matter how unlikely. If the challenge is won, the score goes to 7-0, eliminating that possibility.

As someone in another post said, why would you treat your 9th kid any differently than your 2nd, just because the match score is out of hand. If you see an egregious error going against your kid, and you have a brick left, throw it. If you don't, you're doing your kid a disservice.

No problem with the challenge as well. I hope Goodale would do the same thing if it was in the best interest of our wrestler,. regardless of the team score.

As someone in another post said, why would you treat your 9th kid any differently than your 2nd, just because the match score is out of hand. If you see an egregious error going against your kid, and you have a brick left, throw it. If you don't, you're doing your kid a disservice.[/QUOTE]

As MS-RU said, the challenge was fine. I would want my coach fighting for every single point. No problem with the Sanderson challenge.Only wish the tables were turned and we were challenging a point when our kid lead 6-0.

Reactions: MS-RU
My apologies sir. From your post count I figured you for a psu fan who came to rag on us. They do, do that from time to time especially when we wrestle them. Again my sincerest apologies.
No problem! I love wrestling in general but am a PSU fan as well. My best friends brother played football there 30 years ago and I have been a fan ever since. I respect every athlete that steps on the mat! People forget how tough this great sport of ours is!
Enjoy the rest of the season!

Effin home cooking

giphy.gif

Reactions: danoftw
Yes. Joe is out for a few weeks but hopefully will be back for the Big Tens. Not needing surgery which we feared. Willie Scott or Anthony Olivieri will replace him. Colucci will be out for this weekend.

That is good news.

Thanks.

Would luv for him to return in time for Rider, but,
Big Tens is most important.

Yes. Joe is out for a few weeks but hopefully will be back for the Big Tens. Not needing surgery which we feared. Willie Scott or Anthony Olivieri will replace him. Colucci will be out for this weekend.

geez Collucci out again?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT