ADVERTISEMENT

Official RAC Parking Issues Thread

Supposed to be raining, so my guess is the scanners won't work.

I assume the purpose of scanning the parking pass was that you can now transfer them on line, much like game tickets

IMO, it is not going to be worth it....the lines backing up coming in will be at least slightly worse, and probably more than that

the only plus was the transfer ability, and again, I don't think that new feature was worth it

Edit:.... how "bad" or "not bad", we won't know till we get a near sellout game..

I just looked and it’s not listed as an option. Did you buy today?

Cant buy parking pass day of

Mobile parking passes for men's basketball and wrestling will be available for purchase up to 24 hours in advance of each home date. Once purchased, individuals will receive an email with a link to download their pass to their mobile device.

Parking passes are now transferable. Just parked and the scanner worked just fine

Worked from home to avoid any commuting snafus and arrived at lot at 5:45 (75 minutes ahead of tip). Yellow lot seemed full (students I assume) and decent amount already in Green. No issue getting to Hospital Road from Suttons Lane.

To speed up the scanning process, I had torn off the perforated UPC code part and just hung the tag from my rear view mirror. Multiple attempts to scan the code failed. Attendant had to turn to his supervisor for assistance and after about 30 seconds total they were able to successfully scan the code. The Supervisor told me in the future not to tear off the perforated code part which of course seems to make no sense if you care about efficiency.

My attendant tried to scan my green lot pass for 5 minutes at about 5pm (pregame meal st Henrys). No luck scanning, finally just waved me in.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
The attendant couldn’t scan my mobile pass. His scanner wasn’t working in the rain

Parking was as bad as ever if not worse. Comedy of errors. Oh well. Sadly expect and resigned to it. Every year.

Last edited:
Never made it to the game. Left at 4:30 from Flemington to take wife to dinner for her birthday first and the usual 45min ride took an hour and a half to get to Bound Brook.
Wasn't gonna short change her dinner which ended at 7:30 so I said screw it.

Clearly thats not on RU lol. Just freakin Jersey traffic on a wet night just after clock gets turned back and folks freak out for a month until they adjust.

Frankly. Glad I missed the POS game.

That's why I still park in the free lots - I don't mind the long walk and I love a wait of 0.0 minutes getting in and getting out (the back way from Metuchen via 27-Stelton-Kilmer).

Reactions: bac2therac
That's why I still park in the free lots - I don't mind the long walk and I love a wait of 0.0 minutes getting in and getting out (the back way from Metuchen via 27-Stelton-Kilmer).

Shhhh

With more people attending along with the scanning of parking passes before entering the lots, it is possible that issues will occur including longer waits to get in the lots while every pass get scanned.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...arking-enhancements-for-winter-sports.177534/

Post in this thread what you experienced

tonight's experience....got to the RAC right at game time because of traffic...drove around the green lot and not a space to be found....do they over sell?....

anyway, I wound up parking where I should not have, I think

what is the deal with the VIP parking in the green lot?....looks half empty, while I can't find a spot

Reactions: ColonelRutgers
Parking was a disaster. Waited half hour to get in. Missed big chunk of first half.

Usual entranced closed, everyone funneled to one place in back. No advanced warning.

And this was for a half filled RAC. What a joke. One again showing our big time stripes.

It was bad even for GameDay cash. The guy had to enter it in his handheld and print out a receipt and was all tangled up in his raincoat. Took 3-4 mins to pay $10 cash.

Complete cluster F.

I have green and turned onto Hospital Rd at 620. Parked my car at 645. Unreal. Only Green lot should be allowed to enter on Hospital Rd unless they are gonna make it one way to the first yellow lot entrance. I normally can't get to weeknight games until very close to tipoff so using a mildy attended game as a barometer, I'm pretty much f'd the rest of the season.

How hard is this really??

Complete cluster F.

I have green and turned onto Hospital Rd at 620. Parked my car at 645. Unreal. Only Green lot should be allowed to enter on Hospital Rd unless they are gonna make it one way to the first yellow lot entrance. I normally can't get to weeknight games until very close to tipoff so using a mildy attended game as a barometer, I'm pretty much f'd the rest of the season.

How hard is this really??
I mean you have to almost try to be this dis functional

Exactly, have the facilities meet with me and bring a street map, will have it solved in 10 mins.

Total shit show in the green lot. Got to the RAC 20 min early and sat forever on Avenue E and Hospital road and didn’t park until 7:05 p.m. This absolutely has to get fixed.

Reactions: Local Shill
This was totally predictable, of course, by everyone except the people in charge. Although when I brought this up on this board when they announced the scanning/parking pass transfer policy and confusing and ever-changing routes into the parking lot, some dope said we were just a bunch of complainers. Nowhere to be found today which was also predictable. I guess we've also found that the opening of the APC and parking deck did not help anything. For the last couple of years they've had the closing of the Scarlet Lot and construction as an excuse.

My attendant tried to scan my green lot pass for 5 minutes at about 5pm (pregame meal st Henrys). No luck scanning, finally just waved me in.
I arrived in the Green Lot at 4:45 and there was no attendant there so my pass was never scanned. Went to Henry's to eat. Our plan is to do that every game.

Reactions: RU at the shore
At the far end of the parking, one of the entrances had cones but they were pushed too far to one side so people just drove in there for Free.

You know we all cant wait til that SHU game where we have a sellout & half the crowd is outside until the first media timeout bc this is Jersey & we all like to show up 20 min before a game & expect to be in our seats.

Sorry could not resist. We know it will happen.
You're NARF unless you arrive 90 minutes before game time. :Wink:

Reactions: RUKnights86
After game, taking Hospital to Suttons, two lane traffic,only one way headed to Suttons. Great, should be quick! Nope, girl inexplicably blocking the right lane, pushing cars to left lane. I roll down my window and say "I am making a right onto Suttons" she says "you can make the right from the left lane up ahead" ??? I say, why would I do that, look at the mess you are creating! Further up cars in left lane trying to get back into right lane to make right on Suttons. Cars in right lane making left hand turn onto Suttons. Can't make this this shit up. I screamed at her "take a look up ahead look what you are doing!"
Never seen a more incompetent setup, year after year.

It was bad even for GameDay cash. The guy had to enter it in his handheld and print out a receipt and was all tangled up in his raincoat. Took 3-4 mins to pay $10 cash.
Happened to car in front of me. We sat for a while , causing further backup. I think it's the receipt machine, its slow.

I arrived in the Green Lot at 4:45 and there was no attendant there so my pass was never scanned. Went to Henry's to eat. Our plan is to do that every game.

I do that as often as I can
Could not do it last night and thus was part of the horror show

the only good news about the game day operation is that it's easy to sneak some water and food in!

Is there any bigger waste of time and money than the "community police officers" and the meatheads walking around with something about alcohol on their shirts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT