OOC RU schedule 2019-2020

So we know for sure:

St. Bonaventure (11/16)
Pittsburgh (12/3)
Seton Hall (12/14)
NJIT (no date)
Bryant (no date)
UMass

IDEALLY we will play the full slate of games (11) instead of 10 like last season but I have no confidence in that so that's five open spots.

One fun thing about college basketball is there's a message board ADs or coaches post on when they want to schedule games. It is viewable publicly. While nobody from Rutgers had used it since the Pernetti days, we can see what's out there.

Eastern Michigan mentioned they lost their MTE... that's multi-team event, the kind of cobbled-together thing that allows teams to play an extra game. Doesn't need to be a tournament like Maui or Atlantic, it can be an on-campus thing. For example, last season the games against Eastern Michigan, Boston U, Drexel, and Fairleigh Dickinson were technically a part of the "Hub City Classic." Essentially it's just a round-robin scheduling alliance.

Anyway, if Rutgers and EMU were in another similar arrangement, it fell through. And EMU is looking for a buy game, they could be sub-200 with losing a bunch of seniors though.

UMBC is looking for a buy game on either November 5 or Dec 28-31. They should be around 200ish, could be worse (aka could be Bryant or Niagara)

Iona is looking for a game and has multiple November/December dates. They should be top-175ish.

UCF wants a game on December 10 in Orlando. Getting into a home-and-home with them would be cool but doubt Pikiell wants a midweek trip down to Florida the week of the SHU game.

Princeton is looking for a "regional home-and-home." I know it won't be with us but still.

South Florida is looking for a home-and-home series but the dates don't match up. They'd have been a good opponent.
id love an RU game in orlando! Doubt it with SHU that saturday though

The schedule is done...it feels a little fluffy to me on first glance, but we are becoming a team that people don’t wanna play, so it’s getting harder to schedule these games. The one twist is a Texas squad coming to the RAC that isn’t a huge name but will present a nice test.

Reactions: BillyC80
The schedule is done...it feels a little fluffy to me on first glance, but we are becoming a team that people don’t wanna play, so it’s getting harder to schedule these games. The one twist is a Texas squad coming to the RAC that isn’t a huge name but will present a nice test.

I don't believe that quality teams don't want to play us. Other teams of our ilk manage to get better opponents. I'll grant that one issue is that we're not a sexy team for a destination tournament which would add a quality game or two, at least. Not sure how hard Pikiell has pushed for something like that but I can't kill him for that.

Brian, do you mean Incarnate Word in San Antonio ? Or an additional school from Texas?

So the non-conference home schedule is dog crap outside of SHU. Got it.

Reactions: Mr Magoo and kcg88
So the non-conference home schedule is dog crap outside of SHU. Got it.

Disappointing schedule for Pike’s 4th year and a team trying to become relevant. Really wish we would schedule like Illinois did last year and play real teams in a real pre-season tourney.

Reactions: toby83
Rutgers-UMass is the Friday after Thanksgiving game (11/29), per UMass' schedule release.

A "little fluffy" is an understatement. If Stephen F. Austin (14-16) and #311 presents a "nice test" at the RAC, it could be a very long season. Div. II Caldwell concludes the OOC schedule. That's fluff. lol

Reactions: kcg88
A "little fluffy" is an understatement. If Stephen F. Austin (14-16) and #311 presents a "nice test" at the RAC, it could be a very long season. Div. II Caldwell concludes the OOC schedule. That's fluff. lol
SFA traditionally is NCAA quality. And most should know by now I usually give the program the benefit of the doubt! :)

SFA traditionally is NCAA quality. And most should know by now I usually give the program the benefit of the doubt! :)
No question. You're one of the best posters on this board, not to mention the biggest supporter of RU! Didn't see other thread on OOC when I replied here, otherwise would have posted generically over there about the schedule. You da best!

Last edited:
Reactions: BKIn118
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT