ADVERTISEMENT

OSU opens as 39-point favorite

We need Circa Sports in New Jersey. A book that’s not actually afraid to take some action from anyone with a pulse.

That’s a large point spread , I hope we can make a game of it 👍

Last edited:
OSU had the nation's overall top rated offense last year and are probably even better this year. It's almost impossible to stop that offense now. Their biggest issue has been their crappy defense the last few years and it looks like they might have it figured out this year - at least a lot better than last year's version.

They just made Wisconsin look like a high school team last night and that Wisky defense is decent. That's just a very scary football team now with that improved defense

Greg may be better off playing Langan at QB vs OSU running the WildKnight. Save Simon and the others for a winnable game vs Nebraska.

Is there any way we keep them under 50?

Greg may be better off playing Langan at QB vs OSU running the WildKnight. Save Simon and the others for a winnable game vs Nebraska.

Is there any way we keep them under 50?
Sure. If the defense plays well and the offense can move the ball a little you might be pleasantly surprised. The key is that the offense needs to at least play well enough that the d doesn’t get completely exhausted.

No? 66 + 16 + 10 = 92 > 39?
Or you mean FBS games? 22 + 16 + 10 = 48 > 39?
Or you mean last against OSU? 21 + 27 + 13 = 61 > 39.
My mistake my friend I was looking at the wrong totals my bad , this is what happens when you get distracted 🤦‍♂️

Biggest spread of the weekend by far in the nation. Yet, somehow doesn’t feel big enough. Could be 35-0 at the half or worse.

200w.gif

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Very surprised it's only 39. Their level of talent and depth up and down their roster is indeed scary.
Yep, I was reading Eleven Warriors that they were missing their top 3 CBs last night - starters C. Brown and Dunn and backup Hancock. Didn't matter - they shut Wisky down. It was 45-7 in the 4th when they emptied their defensive bench and gave up two late TDs - and their coaches were POd.

But the real example of how deep they are - they were without that Jaxon Smith Njigba last night and just about everyone considers him the nation's best receiver. Doesn't matter - they just replaced him with another, younger future high NFL pick.

I think Rutgers main goal should be to get out of this game with no injuries as your team has a real shot of beating a few teams in the B1G this year - just not OSU and that's not a slam on Rutgers

Reactions: redking
So you’re saying Rutgers should forfeit this week? Why don’t we ask the team. If they don’t want to play the game we’re good with that.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Don't count your chickens yet tOSU bettors. I like to look at the bright side. In 2019 we were 53 point underdogs. We've made a two touchdown improvement over the past two years.
By the way the final score was 56-21 so we covered easily.

Is OSUs defense as good as Iowa’s. ???
Our defense just played almost equal to Iowa’s. OSU will beat us , but I don’t think covering the spread is a guarantee.

Very surprised it's only 39. Their level of talent and depth up and down their roster is indeed scary.
The first thing I thought of was that this past weeks over/under was less than this weeks actual point spread

so the figuring was that RU and Iowa combined could not score as many points we are
an underdog. versus Ohio state

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Scheduling in Big Ten is always interesting. Ohio State's first five weeks are in Columbus 🤔
You can’t count out of conference games. They have 5 home games and 4 away games in the Big

Biggest spread of the weekend by far in the nation. Yet, somehow doesn’t feel big enough. Could be 35-0 at the half or worse.

Is OSUs defense as good as Iowa’s. ???
Our defense just played almost equal to Iowa’s. OSU will beat us , but I don’t think covering the spread is a guarantee.
It depends on whether the new DC can come up with a defensive scheme that puts the DBs within 10 yards of Ohio State's receivers.

The real number I’m interested in is the Nebraska game. Will be very interesting to see that line.

This is a "put your kids through college" spread. Would love to be wrong...

I see a lot of running for a yard or two and punting. Keep the clock moving and get the hell out of there. Unfortunately, no different from when we entered the B1G.

I’m much more worried about the defense than the offense. Wisconsin gave up a combined 24 points to their other 3 opponents. OSU scored quick TDs on their first 4 possessions. The score was 28-0 right at the start of Q2.

Scheduling in Big Ten is always interesting. Ohio State's first five weeks are in Columbus 🤔
You can't count OOC games. Everybody schedules a couple of patsies OOC. I looked it up. The B1G rotates - 5 at home one year, and 4 on the road. The next year it switches to 5 on the road and 4 at home, This is the year that OSU has their 5 B1G home games plus Notre Dame at home so they have a total of 8 home games this year,

In 2023 they switch to just 4 home games and play Notre Dame on the road so that leaves them only 6 homes games. It all balances out as everybody plays by the same rules

Reactions: Electrobuck
I could care less what the final score says or how many yards Simon can throw for in garbage time. Wisconsin covered our “spread”. I don’t want to look anything like that. Sadly, I’d probably sign on the dotted line for the performance Arkansas State gave them. They settled down after the first 2 TDs and held them to a FG and punt on the next 2 possessions.

But then, I’m expecting that Vedral and Wimsatt won’t play outside of maybe a few snaps of garbage time and barring a stand out performance before the game gets out of hand, Evan won’t be the starter against Nebraska. So I’m not that concerned about how the offense looks one way or the other. I’d be thrilled to see us hold OSU to punts on their first 2 possessions even if the final score ends up lopsided and we don’t cover the spread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT