ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 New York Yankees season

Swap out Garner and sign McCutchen. Trade Stanton get a left-handed OF. DO NOT SIGN BRYCE HARPER.
REPEAT DO NOT SIGN BRYCE HARPER.
I'm 90 percent on board. There's no way anybody would take on Stanton and his contract. He's fine where he is. There's pretty much no way he can live up to that contact. Plus, the Yanks get some money towards it anyway so who cares?

I want to re-sign Cutch and Happ. Then, go after Corbin. I'm 50/50 on whether or not we should go after Machado. Also, Sheffield needs to be in the rotation next year. Trade Gray for a project.

Severino, Tanaka, Happ, Corbin, Sheffield

Sanchez (ugh) Voit, Torres, Didi, Andujar/ Machado? (DH Andujar?)

Cutch, Stanton, Judge, Hicks, Frazier? (if he ever heals?)

Yup, the league where they still play baseball the way it's suppose to be played. Not the league that needed a gimmick to bring back the fans.Aging stars that couldn't play the field anymore against the NL which had so many young exciting players that were turning the turnstiles!!!!
Yawn. May you be doomed to a lifetime of watching pitchers bat.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
I'm 90 percent on board. There's no way anybody would take on Stanton and his contract. He's fine where he is. There's pretty much no way he can live up to that contact. Plus, the Yanks get some money towards it anyway so who cares?

I want to re-sign Cutch and Happ. Then, go after Corbin. I'm 50/50 on whether or not we should go after Machado. Also, Sheffield needs to be in the rotation next year. Trade Gray for a project.

Severino, Tanaka, Happ, Corbin, Sheffield

Sanchez (ugh) Voit, Torres, Didi, Andujar/ Machado? (DH Andujar?)

Cutch, Stanton, Judge, Hicks, Frazier? (if he ever heals?)
The Miami money would go with him in any trade.
No need for Machado. The infield is set. And cheap.

CC went into today's game needing to pitch 7 innings to get a $500k bonus for completing 155 innings for the year. He hit a batter in the 5th. When the Yanks come to bat in the 6th, Romaine gets a pitch thrown at his head. Nothing happens. CC comes out in the bottom of the inning and hits the 1st batter. Ump throws him out of the game so CC comes up 2 innings short. He had only given up 1 hit and thrown 55 pitches up to then so 7 was well within reach.

Did he know he was 2 innings short? Don't know but he sure was getting a lot of love from his teammates after the game for protecting them.

CC went into today's game needing to pitch 7 innings to get a $500k bonus for completing 155 innings for the year. He hit a batter in the 5th. When the Yanks come to bat in the 6th, Romaine gets a pitch thrown at his head. Nothing happens. CC comes out in the bottom of the inning and hits the 1st batter. Ump throws him out of the game so CC comes up 2 innings short. He had only given up 1 hit and thrown 55 pitches up to then so 7 was well within reach.

Did he know he was 2 innings short? Don't know but he sure was getting a lot of love from his teammates after the game for protecting them.
Yanks will pay the bonus as a goodbye gift. Can't see him on the Yankees next year. Not even sure he wants to pitch next year.

Speaking as a Mets fan, that's a great job by CC in backing up his teammates.

Yanks will pay the bonus as a goodbye gift. Can't see him on the Yankees next year. Not even sure he wants to pitch next year.

Earlier in the year he said he was undecided about his future but after the London series was announced he has said he definitely wants to come back... he will come back on a team friendly contract and has learned how to pitch without the power he used to have...they said today he is invaluable to the young arms especially Jordan Montgomery who sits next to him in the dugout everyday...I think he will be back

Reactions: knightfan7
Earlier in the year he said he was undecided about his future but after the London series was announced he has said he definitely wants to come back... he will come back on a team friendly contract and has learned how to pitch without the power he used to have...they said today he is invaluable to the young arms especially Jordan Montgomery who sits next to him in the dugout everyday...I think he will be back
Hope so but the London series is beyond stupid

Never mind that you had drilled someone earlier in the game. Or that a couple of your teammates had done the same the game prior. I guess its easy to be brave when you don't have to get in the batter's box yourself.

Did he throw at anybody's head???

It’s easy to say you don’t make decisions based on money when you’ve made $200M before you’re 40.

Not at all a knock on CC, he’s one of the good guys. Just saying, maybe he should leave that part out.

Never mind that you had drilled someone earlier in the game. Or that a couple of your teammates had done the same the game prior. I guess its easy to be brave when you don't have to get in the batter's box yourself.

Or it's easier when if the benches empty you have Judge, Sanchez, Betances, and Stanton standing next to you lol.

Might not be twaddle if you saw the post game with Judge. Big man was not his normal easy going self. When it happened and the Rays came out of the dugout he walked by himself right up to a group of 10. No one moved a step closer as the message was clear.

Anyone know if his postseason innings count towards that bonus?

And Boone said he was informed about that innings milestone on Wednesday from upper management which makes me think he would have been pulled regardless.. he was at 55 pitches but still had two innings to go

Anyone know if his postseason innings count towards that bonus?

And Boone said he was informed about that innings milestone on Wednesday from upper management which makes me think he would have been pulled regardless.. he was at 55 pitches but still had two innings to go

You're saying CC would have been pulled "regardless" before the end of the 7th? Why?

Upper management has consistently shown they will open the pocketbook whenever necessary. From what I read, CC is loved by his teammates. He's the guy they turn to for leadership. He's been a great Yankee by any measure. Why would they want to piss him and the locker room off 4 days before the playoffs?

You're saying CC would have been pulled "regardless" before the end of the 7th? Why?

Upper management has consistently shown they will open the pocketbook whenever necessary. From what I read, CC is loved by his teammates. He's the guy they turn to for leadership. He's been a great Yankee by any measure. Why would they want to piss him and the locker room off 4 days before the playoffs?
I just thought it was interesting that Boone said he was informed of the milestone on Wednesday from the front office. CC hasn’t gone 8 all season he would probably have been taken out anyway... you think they would have let him go out to face one batter in the 8th so he can get half a million dollars, I dont

Good thing you stopped before you said the Mets were.

BTW, the NY Giants are the classiest organization in sports.
Didn't they want to bench Eli last season and the Owner backed up the coach...Who was later fired?

He didn't "drill" anyone. He threw inside under the batter's hands and it clipped him. The Rays came out the next inning and threw at someone's head.

Also, I find it laughable that someone thinks CC only threw at the guy because he has Judge and Stanton as teammates. I guess people don't know what CC looks like or his personality. The guy is built like an NFL lineman (6' 6" 300 lbs.) and has a nasty streak. He's the last guy that would rely on someone else to fight for him.

Reactions: JMORC2003
I just thought it was interesting that Boone said he was informed of the milestone on Wednesday from the front office. CC hasn’t gone 8 all season he would probably have been taken out anyway... you think they would have let him go out to face one batter in the 8th so he can get half a million dollars, I dont

It was the 7th inning that the bonus kicked in, not the 8th. As you said he had only 55 pitches thru 5. There is no way he gets pulled if the Yanks are up like they were and he's cruising.

Mets fan?

He didn't "drill" anyone. He threw inside under the batter's hands and it clipped him. The Rays came out the next inning and threw at someone's head.

Also, I find it laughable that someone thinks CC only threw at the guy because he has Judge and Stanton as teammates. I guess people don't know what CC looks like or his personality. The guy is built like an NFL lineman (6' 6" 300 lbs.) and has a nasty streak. He's the last guy that would rely on someone else to fight for him.

I was making a joke. In a bench clearer last year, Judge pushed a good number of opposing players all at once back into the dugout. It was quite funny.

One thing is clear is you could make a good sized defense with CC, Judge, and Betances as the down linemen, Stanton at rush end, and Sanchez at MLB.

Reactions: Kbee3 and bitnez
I was making a joke. In a bench clearer last year, Judge pushed a good number of opposing players all at once back into the dugout. It was quite funny.

One thing is clear is you could make a good sized defense with CC, Judge, and Betances as the down linemen, Stanton at rush end, and Sanchez at MLB.
Assuming none of these guys played college football so have 4 years of eligibility left... is the Bronx still considered in the state of Rutgers?

Last edited:
It was the 7th inning that the bonus kicked in, not the 8th. As you said he had only 55 pitches thru 5. There is no way he gets pulled if the Yanks are up like they were and he's cruising.

Mets fan?
Yankees fan - why was it brought to Boone’s attention then by upper management the day prior? It’s a small amount but it counts towards payroll. he would have to had complete the 7th inning and I think it was in the back of Boone’s head..looking at his game log and pitch counts this season I think he would have been pulled if the situation was favorable...if his innings incentive includes postseason it’s all for naught anyway

Yankees fan - why was it brought to Boone’s attention then by upper management the day prior? It’s a small amount but it counts towards payroll. he would have to had complete the 7th inning and I think it was in the back of Boone’s head..looking at his game log and pitch counts this season I think he would have been pulled if the situation was favorable...if his innings incentive includes postseason it’s all for naught anyway

Maybe so he didn't pull him based on something like pitch count in the 6th. They have been pulling him this year when the opponent lineup comes around for the 3rd time. He's only averaged 5 1/3 innings per start,

Or it's easier when if the benches empty you have Judge, Sanchez, Betances, and Stanton standing next to you lol.

I think I'd rather have CC standing next to me. Dude's a beast - he doesn't need much backup.

you don't just waive or overlook contract clauses - dangerous precedent.

You forgot AJ Cole 6'5" 238, Lance Lynn 6'5" 280. Holder & Kahnle both 235, and Voit at 225. There's a lot of big guys on that team.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Holy crap. Cashman has lost his mind. Selects Severino to start tomorrow night!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT