ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 New York Yankees season

Yankees / Oakland play-off game to be played in...
They are- - -
giphy.gif

Reactions: Purple-Ed
There are around 20 fans at the Mets game tonight, more players than fans
Should be worrying about your team at the moment,don't you think? The Mets season has been done a long time and we've all moved on. Time to get the popcorn and watch the A's and if need be, the Bosox put a fork in the Yankees.
giphy.gif

Did not happen-they did not lose. How did Colbert's thread get put in here?
What was he referring to?
Presumably it was a no hitter at the time of his post. In the end they were one hit and lost 3-1.

Didn't think it was possible but their lineup is looking even more anemic coming down the home stretch with Voit cooled off and Sanchez still below the Mendoza line.

Mets suck
Did you hear the Ultra Yankee fan Francessa today? You never miss a chance to mention when he shreds the Mets,but today he was a great listen talking about how all Yankee fans bring up the RECORD, the RECORD, when it's pointed out how bad they've played for 3/4 of the season except for one insane stretch of 40 or so games. He said the Yankees have had an unbelievable 62 teams win 90 or more games in a season in their history, and this is by far, the worst of them all. Unless they right the ship, he doesn't see them getting past Oakland which would make this season, in his eyes, a utter disaster, after having the RECORD, and being put in the role of World Series contender. Another words,dare I say, an EPIC FAIL, and that's coming from a major radio personality,lol.:pray::bomb::boom::fire::eyes:

Presumably it was a no hitter at the time of his post. In the end they were one hit and lost 3-1.

Didn't think it was possible but their lineup is looking even more anemic coming down the home stretch with Voit cooled off and Sanchez still below the Mendoza line.
Actually, they got two hits in that game.

Seriously, I don't understand the Mets fans in here talking smack. The Yankees are going to make the playoffs, the Mets are gonna end up 10-15 games under 500: deal with it.

Jake Bauers 3-run homer off of Jeurys Familia leads to a 7-5 loss for Oakland.
Thanks. The Yankees needed that.

Yankees trade announcers with Red Sox... for one inning.

John Sterling, the longtime voice of the rival Yankees, will take over the call of the game on WEEI for the fourth inning.

In exchange, Red Sox play-by-play announcer Joe Castiglione will head to the WFAN booth to call the game for Yankees fans.

Sanchez behind the plate tonight. Thank you Mr Boone. :clap::fistbump::raised_hands:[thumb2]:)

Sanchez=Shane Spencer=Kevin Maas

Exciting rookies who became a flash in the pan as pitchers have figured them out.

I turned off the game at the top of the 7th. Took the jinx off. You're welcome!

Sanchez=Shane Spencer=Kevin Maas

Exciting rookies who became a flash in the pan as pitchers have figured them out.
But I thought he was being touted as the next Johnny Bench and cornerstone of a young team that will win several World Series in the next 5 years? Hey, I thought exactly that in the late 80's with the Mets,that's why it's so hard to predict long term success for the modern day ballplayers.

But I thought he was being touted as the next Johnny Bench and cornerstone of a young team that will win several World Series in the next 5 years? Hey, I thought exactly that in the late 80's with the Mets,that's why it's so hard to predict long term success for the modern day ballplayers.
Sanchez has never been remotely considered an above average catcher. If he was any good at catching he would have been in the majors sooner. Problem now is he can't hit either.

And he was the usual David Price @Yankee Stadium. He hasnt lost since the bloodbath on July 1st. This game isnt over but Price is the new Pedro againt the Yankees
Well, David Price went David Price. How much did the BoSux pay for this guy?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT